A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Vastly inconsistent QA - June

Posted: Jul 14, 2011

I am on an account with the MTSO I work for that I keep getting very inconsistent QA feedback from.  Some say follow the account specs, some don't seem to know the specs, some say verbatim, some add words and expand abbreviations while other don't.  Often words will be rearranged probably for clarity, but the specs say in numerous places  to type what the dictators say their way.  I feel like I am on a QA merry-go-round that will never stop.

This is all extremely confusing!  I certainly understand the importance of QA and quite frankly I want feedback I can use and rely on.  It just seems that when I apply the feedback from what one QA person says, the next one tears my reports up!  What am I to do?  How in the world can I get through this?  I have tried talking to my team leader to no avail.  I am beginning to get worried about my job status if I can't get through this process.

Does anyone have any advice for me?  I would be so grateful for some help on this matter.  Thank you in advance.  God Bless.

Who is QAing QA? - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep all your QA corrections etc especially if they conflict with each other. If your team leader is not helping, go to the actual QA director - I had that happen to me when I was at the Q years ago and finally asked who is QAing QA? Everyone needs to be on the same page. QA is not the end all be all. Good luck.

Yes, the QA supervisor is usually the problem and the - only one who can fix it.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Be SURE to provide documentation, with QA names. - I never actually went to a

[ In Reply To ..]
QA supervisor, but on one occasion I did provide each reviewer with the other's QA, along with cut-and-paste from the client specifications, and request clarification. I also copied my supervisor. It worked that one time--silence from all on my questions, but it did put a stop to it.

keeping QA corrections - tl

[ In Reply To ..]
My account has it fixed so the QA feedback can't be copied to prove the wrong corrections. They have their bases covered while you're left dangling.

Keeping corrections - serac

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, you can. Hit ctrl + prt scrn, open your paint program (in accessories), with paint open control V, alt f, save as, and name it what you want. Hitting ctrl v puts the screen shot in the paint screen and you can save it. Hope this helps
IMHO
Thanks! I'll sure give it a try! - tl
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Thanks, Serac. If that doesn't work, TL, call tech - support and ask them to
[ In Reply To ..]
help you copy this important information. :) I have done that and even been told how to format so I could print myself.

Similar Messages:

Inconsistent QA
Jun 18, 2014

This is the first time I've worked for a company with multiple people doing QA.  You would think it would be as simple as following the client specs, using proper spelling, grammar, and accurately transforming a VR mess into an accurate medical record.  No matter what you do, you will be corrected for their differing impressions of what the client specs mean.  When you then change the way you do something to suit a particular QA person, another QA person corrects that!   ...

Inconsistent Referral To Patient
Nov 02, 2012

Couldn't find a definitive answer to this question but it comes up a lot:   One of the PA's I transcribe for is not consistent when they refer to the patient.  They use the patient's first name and then last name throughout the report.  I've been following how they dictate, but think it makes it look disrespectful to the patient to use their first name.  What would you suggest?  Also when the dictator says "patient" instead of "the patient" do you gen ...

Inconsistent Nitpicky QA Drives Me To Drink...
May 09, 2014

TSM Getting On Me For My "inconsistent" QA
Jan 22, 2015

every single time.  Either 100% or something like 98. something, nothing in between.  No 99.8, no 99.1..  She said I need to take the Care Boost as this under 99% is unacceptable.  I said well isn't the average of 98.5% and 100% around 99.4 or so percent, which is acceptable?  LOL.  But she didn't think it was funny....Oh well.  So, what happens if you don't consistently get over 99% ?   Do they let you go?  Or do they only let yo ...