A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Inconsistent nitpicky QA drives me to drink... - lindalou59

Posted: May 09, 2014

I got a QA who "corrects" me and hyphenates "poorly differentiated." - just anuther MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You don't hyphenate words that end in -ly.

I learned that in fifth grade, I think.

Try and let it roll if you can, or you will go crazy.

And those who give you the worst dictators - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
b

Worst dictators - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]

I have had nothing but the worst dictators for the past 3 days. It is any wonder I can barely tolerate a job I used to love?  Yell

I got dinged for.... - lindalou59

[ In Reply To ..]
For not hyphenating up to date.

I got dinged for hyphenating it - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Go figure. No consistency whatsoever.

Both are correct or incorrect depending on sentence structure - go figure

[ In Reply To ..]
The vaccinations are currently up to date.

The medication list includes up-to-date information.

From link below:

--With compound adjectives formed from the adverb well and a participle (e.g. well-known), or from a phrase (e.g. up-to-date), you should use a hyphen when the compound comes before the noun:

well-known brands of coffee

an up-to-date account

but not when the compound comes after the noun:

His music was also well known in England.

Their figures are up to date.--

Similar Messages:

Nitpicky QA
Jul 26, 2012

I don't mind VR itself, but the QA nitpicking is killing me.  Does it really matter if the document says "Patient" or "The patient?" I personally was trained and believe that "the patient" is always appropriate, and I think it's a bit ridiculous. My account is almost 100% ESL and I feel I'm doing well if I can get the major words right.  ...

I Need A Drink
Apr 07, 2015

MOT is cutting into my happy hour. ...

Relentless, Frequent, Nitpicky QA Audits. Sm
Mar 24, 2015

Anybody at TTS been getting frequent nitpicky QA audits.  I have never been scrutinized so often as lately.  It is getting old. ...

Inconsistent QA
Jun 18, 2014

This is the first time I've worked for a company with multiple people doing QA.  You would think it would be as simple as following the client specs, using proper spelling, grammar, and accurately transforming a VR mess into an accurate medical record.  No matter what you do, you will be corrected for their differing impressions of what the client specs mean.  When you then change the way you do something to suit a particular QA person, another QA person corrects that!   ...

If I Was As Rich As A MQ Suit, I Would Only Drink Fiji
Nov 03, 2011

s ...

My Drink Game Word Was 'driving'
Oct 15, 2012

Vastly Inconsistent QA
Jul 14, 2011

I am on an account with the MTSO I work for that I keep getting very inconsistent QA feedback from.  Some say follow the account specs, some don't seem to know the specs, some say verbatim, some add words and expand abbreviations while other don't.  Often words will be rearranged probably for clarity, but the specs say in numerous places  to type what the dictators say their way.  I feel like I am on a QA merry-go-round that will never stop.   ...

Inconsistent Referral To Patient
Nov 02, 2012

Couldn't find a definitive answer to this question but it comes up a lot:   One of the PA's I transcribe for is not consistent when they refer to the patient.  They use the patient's first name and then last name throughout the report.  I've been following how they dictate, but think it makes it look disrespectful to the patient to use their first name.  What would you suggest?  Also when the dictator says "patient" instead of "the patient" do you gen ...

This Drives Me Crazy DQS
Dec 01, 2009

What the ASR typed: sodium was 137, potassium five.  It does this all the time.  Why would it put the numbers on the sodium and spell out the number for the potassium?  ...

Drives Me Nuts
Dec 03, 2011

I have this one doctor that I get all the time who will say - The patient uh you know uh has you know.. Really?  No, I don't know what the patient has.  I'm not the doctor seeing him. ...

This Drives Me Crazy!!!
Nov 03, 2012

It just drives me nuts when a doctor says "Patient has a history of whatever in the past."  Duh, isn't that kind of redundant?  History is always in the past.  That's why it's history!  ...

Drives Me Crazy
May 16, 2014

begins and then those pile on with pleas for a job.  Below Frustrated was discussing whether there were any good workers around any more and whoop de doo mad rush of "I e-mailed you about working for you"   Can we just DISCUSS subjects and businesses without people chiming in with the give-me give-mes? Every comment about a company is followed by pleas for ways to get into these companies.  Due diligence - apply, fill out application, take test, quit trying to weasel in on a ...

New Hard Drives
Aug 07, 2014

I haven't received my new hard drive yet. Are the main programs already loaded on. ...

Am I The Only One That This Drives Nuts? It Just Goes
Nov 21, 2014

all through me when someone is dictating and they just start laughing.  It is like shut up and speak clearly! ...

EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES (SM)
Dec 10, 2009

Can you install a program such as a photo shop or print shop to an external hard drive and use it that way? My computer is a little too full to install another big program on it. Is there any special technique to do this? Thanks ...

This Dictator Drives Me Nuts
Jun 29, 2014

Every other word is um, ahhh.  Then it's next paragraph, next paragrah, next paragraph. Then it's period, uh period, uh period.  Then he repeats next paragraph and period several more times.  Between and his other yucky habits, I really wish they would ban him from dictating.  ...

Affect/Effect Drives Me Bonkers...anyone Have A
Apr 06, 2010

nm ...

Assigning Jobs Drives Me Nuts
Feb 10, 2011

It's just not fair that a couple of people get almost 100% of OP notes throughout the day and I get 2 or 3 total, and those are only because they are miscoded as discharge summaries!  What do I have to do to become a "favorite?"  Gee, why can't I be loved by my MTSO like that?      ...

TSM Getting On Me For My "inconsistent" QA
Jan 22, 2015

every single time.  Either 100% or something like 98. something, nothing in between.  No 99.8, no 99.1..  She said I need to take the Care Boost as this under 99% is unacceptable.  I said well isn't the average of 98.5% and 100% around 99.4 or so percent, which is acceptable?  LOL.  But she didn't think it was funny....Oh well.  So, what happens if you don't consistently get over 99% ?   Do they let you go?  Or do they only let yo ...