A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Remote Contractor Job Placement Services - Curious

Posted: Oct 09, 2012

Does anyone know anything about this company? I sent my resume and got a response right away. It seems like they might be a 'head hunting' agency for transcription of different sorts. They want me to pay a one time fee of 75.00 to join and then have contact with all of their clients for jobs. I'm a little leery about them, so what does eveyone think? Any thoughts are appreciated - positive or negative..... Thanks!

DO NOT DO IT - where is this ad?

[ In Reply To ..]
Never EVER pay to get a job. They will only give you the same info you can find yourself. If you see an ad on this site like that, notify the moderator to get it removed.

If that is their name, indeed they are head hunters. Only use when free - supposed to charge the employer. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Never pay to get a job! - See Msg

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a difference between paying a small fee once you have contracted with an agency, but AFTER you get the job and are working it, and another to pay upfront before you have the job.

While I'm here, and all this (including above) has been discussed over and over here, don't buy ANYTHING for a job--like a foot pedal or software. A legit agency/company will not make you purchase anything in order to get the job.

Never pay an agency! They charge the client, and - you are what they sell.

[ In Reply To ..]
Since each time an applicant is hired through their company (which the employer pays for), that means the employment agency needs more applicants to take their place. If they charge for applicants, that probably means that they don't place enough applicants to pay the rent.

The probability is 99.9%+ that they are a scam outfit.

I got that e-mail too...sm - Scammed

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent my resume for the position available on the job seekers board regarding the chat forum administrator job for MT Desk. I got the same e-mail saying you had to pay $75 dollars for their services to find a job. The chat room administrator job for MT Desk is a scam.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Know Anything About RCJPS Also Known As Remote Contractor Job Placement Services?
Aug 03, 2012

Is this for real and has anyone worked through them? They posted job offering on here on the job seekers board today. ...

Independent Contractor Means "independent" Contractor - Sm
Oct 22, 2014

I am so tired of these companies hiring for an IC position and then when you are not at your keyboard johnny on the spot at 11 a.m. every day to start your day and sometimes start at 12 p.m. or 12:30 p.m., they are calling your cell, sending threatening E-mails.  They never stipulated in their contract that if you say, per se, you are going to work 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and you start a little later, say 12 p.m. and work until the work is completed still getting getting the work completed well w ...

Placement Of Something
Jan 02, 2010

I am hearing a new one on emergency room reports.  They are saying what sounds like "An INT was placed."  What is the INT?  It is placed with cardiac monitors and such. ...

S/l *cosoft* Placement
Jun 28, 2010

Patient underwent dental prosthetic implant with s/l *cosoft* placement, which will be removed at his postop visit ...

Comma Placement
Apr 12, 2011

I know a comma is to be placed after the year, i.e., On March 27, 2011, she underwent an operation.  But, what about when formatted this way?  3/27/2011?  Do you still place a comma after the year? TIA! ...

Reservoir Placement??
May 16, 2011

A Ommaya reservoir placement for this treatment is there for a requested ___ technique.   words sounds like trait somewhat but is muffled....any ideas? Thank you! ...

Placement Change
Jan 04, 2012

If they offer you a "placement change" (which sounds a little fishy since all of the regions have no work as far as I can tell)...do you have to accept the change if it means a schedule change (i.e. shift)????  Why should we have to change our shifts????? Geez.... ...

Comma Placement?
Apr 27, 2012

I get these types of sentences constantly and always question my comma placement. "We will see her back in the office following her injection and if she does not improve, we would consider surgical intervention at that time." My question is whether there should be a comma either before or after "and." I know a comma needs to separate 2 independent clauses but the introductory phrase in the second clause throws me off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) ...

Remote Coding
Jun 17, 2010

Hi.  I am an RHIT, 17 years coding experience.  Recently relocated to a remote community and now searching for a remote coding position.   So many "companies'.......so overwhelming.   Can anyone point me to a good reliable list of companies that hire remote coders?  Any advice? ...

Possible To Do Remote Coding?
Dec 02, 2010

Are there any companies out there that hire specifically for remote coders.  I saw a few and applied but have never heard back.  I do have my CPC but I don't know if they are looking for anything in particular. I also have almost 18 years of billing/coding experience.  Maybe the jobs are just rare. ...

Sten-Tel Remote QA
Mar 31, 2011

Anybody having a lack of QA work? ...

Finding MT Remote Job
Dec 01, 2012

I recently obtained my Certificate from a community college for Medical Transcription/Coding. I also work full time at our county mental health clinic, scheduling appointments for patients, answering telephones and transcribing reports for 3 psychiatrists (2 speaking in broken Indian dialect). I have submitted many resumes online to all types of transcription agencies and physician's offices. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a job as a remote transcriptionist and if you have any ...

Remote Job After Graduating
Mar 28, 2013

I'm curious how many of you graduated from your medical coding/billing course and found a job to work remotely?  I'm currently a transcriptionist looking to enroll in a coding/billing course, but will not be able to work onsite to gain experience that most of these companies are wanting.  I've been doing some research and most of them want you to have 3 years onsite experience.  I will need something remotely after graduation.  I thought I would check here and ...

Remote Scribes
Jun 24, 2013

We all know the frustration in dictation where they don't use a pause button, how our salaries dwindle to nothing as a result.  I noted an ad on the Job Seeker's Board to train to become a "remote scribe" for .07 to .08 CPL.  Doesn't it seem this would also dwindle to nothing as it seems there would be far more waiting for data to enter and would take forever to complete a line if you are working in real time.  Anyone have any info on how this would work? ...

Remote Coders
Jan 17, 2014

Is anyone willing to share their pay rate per chart for outpatient remote contract coding? I am also curious if you ever get an increase in your pay rate or is this renegotiated in your contract. ...

Remote Scheduler
May 31, 2014

...qualify for this job? I just have experience with medical terminology, working in Radiology with a little customer service and phone etiquette skills and ability to multitask. The rest, not so much. Wonder what is the hourly rate of pay. ...

Here's A Good Remote Job
Jul 09, 2014

https://www.mrinetwork.jobs/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=105450 I can't post the link below because it has https instead of http. ...

PICC Line Placement
Mar 15, 2010

A s/l nominate wire was inserted through the needle and the needle was removed. ...

Review Of A Job Placement Company
Sep 03, 2010

Does anyone know anything about a job placement company called "Remote Contractor Job Placement Svc"  (RCJPS)?? ...

On Arterial Line Placement...
Nov 09, 2011

...it sounds like he is saying "after "ziering" of the sensor, appropriate waveforms were noted.  Is "ziering" right? ...

Correct Placement Of X (for Times).
Jan 30, 2013

Should there be a space or no space between the x and the number? Is there a reference to this anywhere or just personal preference? Ex: p.o. x1 or p.o. x 1 ...

Richter Reservoir Placement?
Apr 01, 2015

Patient being treated for choroid plexum carcinoma with 'richter' reservoir placement? ...

Remote Computer Monitoring?
Jan 28, 2010

My company just said they are going to have us install Remote Computer Monitoring and Management onto our computers for "HIPAA" and to make sure we are productive.  Does this allow them to monitor only while we are working or all of the time?  The company does not supply computers, these are our personal ones. ...

Remote Coders Question
Jun 07, 2012

Does anyone know what remote coders are getting paid, i.e. how much per report.   ...

Remote Coder Question
Jun 07, 2012

Does anyone know what remote coders are getting paid, i.e. how much per report.  I am an IC looking for coding position at home. ...

Remote Coding Jobs
Jul 15, 2013

Any remote coders out there or is this a farce like the ads saying you can make $40,000 a year from home as an MT??   ...

Remote Scribe (Inscribe)
Aug 20, 2013

I was browsing through the jobs board, and saw that Inscribe is hiring MTs and remote scribes.  What is the difference?  It says remote scribes input directly into EMR.  Does anybody know anything about this?   I know what scribes do in  hospitals but I have  never heard of a remote scribe and would think it is basically the same thing as an MT.   ...

Remote Coding Questions.
Jan 31, 2015

I currently have a small IC MT account that I plan to support myself on while I get through coding school.  This IC account is all done via encrypted email and can be done from anywhere I can get a wifi connection.  I have worked on this job while visiting friends in Italy.  It is a wonderful thing.  My question is this:  Are there opportunities for remote coders (maybe not in the beginning) than enable that freedom?  I used to work remotely doing MT for a hospital ...

Contractor
Mar 07, 2014

I'm thinking no but wondering for sure if anyone knows or has tried to get unemployment insurance as a contractor when our work dries up?   Not getting any work with OTI, have already gone through this with other companies - just does not seem worth it any more.  Thought I would see if anyone has tried.  Thanks. ...

At-home Professions - Job Placement After Graduating?
Jan 20, 2010

I am currently taking an MT course through At-home professions schooling and was wondering of anyone else that went through the program. How did you like or dislike it and was there job placement after graduating? ...