A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

No work due to snow in the midwest!!!! - Yippeee

Posted: Feb 02, 2011

Usually swamped.  Clients located in the midwest not seeing patients.  Can't decide what to do, go out and play, read a book, clean my office, or take a nap.  I feel like I am playing hookie or something.  Very unusual to be bored on a weekday.

Many would love to be in the position ... - alias

[ In Reply To ..]
of being swamped with work! I am envious, as well, as I usually am out of work by 8 am. Oh, I also live in the midwest, and nothing has changed for me. dribbles and drabbles of work coming in...nothing new. My son is stuck in his semi though in Indiana. He will not be going anywhere soon. sigh.

I'm with ya! - djr

[ In Reply To ..]
I almost never run out of work except on holidays (sometimes not then), but one of my main accounts is in Chicago, and there is nothing to do! It's like having an unexpected vacation day :)

Similar Messages:

IC Pay In The Midwest Cities
Aug 20, 2010

Would anybody be willing to share what they are making as a transcription service in Kansas City? Thank you in advance. ...

What Is The Going Rate In The Midwest For Straight Transcription And For VR?
Oct 25, 2012

I submitted my resume for an IC position and received an email requesting that I submit a proposal of what I expected to make per line for straight transcription and for VR.  With 20 years as an MT, I felt that my proposal was pretty fair.  I said 8.5 cpl for straight transcription and 5 cpl for VR. I received an email from the company telling me that generally thye pay their ICs 7 cpl for straight typing and 3 cpl for VR and asked me to consider lowering my quote.  I was fl ...

Anyone Have Info On Midwest Transcription Service? Sm
Mar 18, 2015

I received an email from Sheila and Mesheal from Midwest Transcription Service.  I just want to make sure they are legit.  I am not sure if they are in WI because I looked them up, and I think that company has a different owner.  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. ...

Midwest Transcription Services, LLC - Any Information? Anyone Work There?
Feb 05, 2010

Any information on Midwest Transcription Services, LLC who have a job posting on MTStars?  Searching the name produced the following result.  There does not seem to be any website and the address appears to be residential.  Is this the correct info for Midwest Transcription Services, LLC?  Midwest Transcription Services LLC 2012 Melody LaneWaukesha, WI    53186-2813 (262) 524-9282 One curious thing.  If you look at other Google matches, there ar ...

Has Anyone Heard Of/worked For Midwest Transcription Service? Sm
Sep 17, 2014

I did not find anything in the archives, so not sure if that is good or bad. ...

Snow?
May 31, 2012

I've never heard of "snow" in an operative report.  He very clearly says snow, but I can't find it to confirm the spelling...Snow, Sno...etc.  Anyone heard of it? "Snow was then placed over the vaginal cuff, and over the top of that Interceed was placed to prevent pelvic adhesions postoperatively." ...

No Work Due To Snow!
Jan 13, 2011

We usually have plenty of work, as the company does not over-hire, and we even get OT frequently.  Right now, because of the snow where the accounts are located, there is very low patient load and work is sooooo slow we can't even make the minimum line requirement.  This could go on all winter!!!!!! ...

Yay! Snow Flakes! (nm)
Dec 16, 2014

/ ...

ETransPlus And Snow Bunny
Sep 08, 2011

Interested to know how eTransPlus is going for Snow Bunny.  She has been on this board for years...if in fact it is the same person.  She was always helping with words and such.  Intrested to see if this is a good or bad company and what she thinks.  It will take time though to see.  Even if good, eventually greed takes over for all these companies. Plus they all seem to have their favorites who cherry pick, so if you come on board, you have to work your way up the cherr ...

Note To Snow Haters...
Dec 04, 2012

seems to have no snow for now.  Guess they are all grinches over there.  LOL ...

I LOVE The Snow Flakes
Dec 06, 2012

I'm tired of reading the negativity about the wonderful snowflakes. Jeepers peepers people.  The snowflakes fall.  They are white, they don't get in the way of reading or writing the messages, they do not cause migraines or seizures or all the other faux complaints people are saying.  They just fall and then that's it.  It's just once a year that we have been looking forward to.  11 months out of the year you get your way and you don't get them, ...

Snow Bunny, For Doubting Thomases, Please Let Them Know
Nov 23, 2009

That the transcriptionist sitting at home is doing the dictating or re-dictating for the Dragon equipment. I told them about a friend who had and found it a time consumer. She was not an M.D., dictator, a transcriptionist who had hand issues. It is late here and I am heading towards bed but please let folks know about you can use it and teach on the home side. ...

MORE SNOW!!! And Power Outages. What Is The Policy At MQ On This?
Jan 07, 2011

I have been with Q a long time, but have never really been given a straight answer on weather situations knocking off your power (sometimes ultimately leading to the demise of refurbished, after refurbished MQ computers).  Are we penalized for this?  ...

Dear TSA: I Dont Care About Your Son Or The Snow
Feb 16, 2015

please spare us what is going on in your life. ...

LOVE THE SNOW FLAKES.... MERRY CHRISTMAS
Dec 15, 2010

6 Inches Of Snow And Counting And I Can't Play Hooky
Jan 10, 2011

There's con for working at home! ...

Echo Dictation Redux, Question For Snow Bunny
Oct 24, 2011

Ok, moving ahead with my plan to up my productivity by doing echo dictation,redictate the reports and up my straight typing speed using voice recognition software. Looking at the new Dragon 11.5 for 145.99 on Amazon.  Want to know if this will do the trick or if must I bite the bullet and get the Dragon Medical (with the 30,000 word medical dictionary) which I am sure is MUCH pricier. Wanna get started on this ASAP, and can have the product from Amazon in a couple of days. Suggest ...

Just LOVE The Snow Flakes. "christmarrrry" Smile
Dec 21, 2009

. ...

"snow-plowing" A Cardiac Vessel?
Oct 13, 2011

Has anyone heard this term?  I've been doing caths for 15 years and never heard this.  He has a heavy accent so it's not totally clear that is what he is saying.  The context is a cath report - "no intervention because of the risk of (s/l snow-plowing) the vessel".  Thanks! ...