A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Looking to get out of MT/editing...wondering where to go... - justabouthadit

Posted: Dec 27, 2011

After 15 years in MT, I really don't see a bright future in it any more.  With VR, etc., I just don't see a way to make a living doing this anymore.  Wondering what kinds of other fields may be good to consider.  I know this is not the ideal time to be looking for a job.  Thinking of going to nursing school first to become an LPN.  Also have heard IT is a good field to train for, but then again have heard that a lot of IT jobs are going to India and Pakistan.

Would like to hear some ideas. 

Thanks,

Justabouthadit

Also, if you know of any straight transcription companies,,, - Justabouthadit

[ In Reply To ..]
I would be interested in looking into them (for now at least).

yes.... - but

[ In Reply To ..]
they only pay about 7 cents a line. You cannot win for losing these days.

Almost no IT jobs available and LPN fine if you don't mind split shifts and - heavy lifting

[ In Reply To ..]
No job is perfect. Not everyone is suited for every job. If MT is not working for you, LPN might be a great alternative. You might love it as some do. You might decide you don't enjoy the split shifts and heavy lifting and inability to sit down all day because if you do, you will get in trouble. As far as IT is concerned, there are very few jobs and those go to a very specialized group of people who live and breathe it. That's also a possibility if you fit. That's the thing with any and all jobs. You have to find one that fits the skills, personality, motivation, and goals that you have.

If I were advising you, I would have you look at the JOBS announcements for the local hospitals and see what applicants they need the most. I would find out what the qualifications for those are and then go out and meet those qualifications. Good luck with making your choices!

Give me a break!!! "Almost no IT jobs available"??? sm - asounded

[ In Reply To ..]
Where in the world do you get THAT information? Of COURSE there are IT jobs available somewhere. Geeze, talk about "the sky is falling"!!!

My family and friends are heavily IT people - What I know

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm hearing that it's a very bad time for trying to get an IT job. There aren't as many openings as there are experienced IT people who want those jobs.

Well yes, there are lots of IT jobs available "somewhere" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The problem is that it's the same somewhere all those MT jobs went. Knowing there are lots of jobs in a field in India, China, Russia, etc. isn't much use to someone trying to make a living here.

IT tech support and customer service jobs have almost all been offshored. Design and development is either offshored or most of the new hires are non-resident visa holders who will work for cheap. Heck, Silicon Valley has even looked into putting a bunch of cruise ships out in the ocean past the US territorial limit and filling them with foreign IT workers--who then won't need to have work visas, so they can hire unlimited cheap foreign labor without having to worry about those pesky visa quotas.

The fact that those hiring practices mean that no one in this country will be able to afford to buy any of the resulting products is not a concern. India and China are immensely bigger potential markets, so who cares how poor everyone but CEOs and CFOs becomes in the US.
What's going to be the result...20 years down the line? - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think we've bottomed out yet as a country, as far as job losses go.
I'm concerned that everyone in the middle class may be out in the street - before things recover
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm really concerned that we have a long way to go before things get better. I can envision the whole middle class out in the street with no jobs available to anyone doing anything. Hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised and things will be much better than at looks now.
I think it's obvious where things are going. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Look around at any other country in the world at a period when the majority of the wealth was in the hands of a tiny minority of the population.

We will end up the world's new Mexico, Pakistan, Brazil, or Nigeria. Many, particularly of the young, will then probably leave the US to try to find a job in another country. The workers remaining will be forced to accept pay the equivalent of the pay of 3rd-world workers today, and the incentive to offshore employment will gradually disappear as wages here sink. However, the average US worker will end up living a life of poverty or near-poverty, just like most of the people in the 3rd world do now.

The rising tide of globalization is not going to float all boats--there's not enough water in the flood to do that. It will float the yachts of the rich. It will slightly raise the level of the boats of average people in countries that started the era of globalization in dire poverty. And it will drop or sink the boats of the average people in all the countries that started the era with general prosperity.
Surprised? - Watcher
[ In Reply To ..]
Please name ONE sector that is growing, expanding, or new/up and coming.

Green jobs?! LMAO! They NEVER materialized. That was just a soundbite for Obama/Biden.

So I don't know where you think this "surprise" is going to come from.
Oh, green jobs definitely materialized. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They materialized in China where the government is heavily subsidizing the green industries in the expectation that they can make sure green jobs will not only all start in China, but all stay in China.

Us, we subsidize the oil and gas industries (and other industries) to help them send their jobs to other countries.
Re: The middle class - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
If people are not angry--and terrified--they are not paying attention.

Justabouthadit - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
If I had it to do again (I am retirement age, so thankfully do not), I would really like to learn the tech side of our business--networking, etc. So I guess I would go to ITT tech or something like that. That is just me. (When I was young and in college, I wanted to be an engineer, but lacked the math skills at that level.) Anyway, I would try to become a computer tech if I were doing it all again.

Remember all those Computerland etc stores that used to hire computer techs - Gone for one good reason

[ In Reply To ..]
There used to be dozens of computer service stores everywhere so you could get your computer repaired or upgraded. They've disappeared. Now technology goes so fast that people just buy a new computer instead.

Actually, that is incorrect - Lots of IT options everywhere

[ In Reply To ..]
The "big box" computer stores are mostly gone, but Best Buy has their Geek Squad and I know of at least 4 independent PC repair shops in my town alone. People don't always just buy a new one.

IT jobs also don't necessarily have to mean hospital IT jobs, although one of the major hospital systems in my town just switched to EPIC and their job listings are FULL of IT jobs. Any company that uses any kind of computers needs someone with IT knowledge, whether it be a big corporation such as UPS, FedEX, big hospital groups, or the like who have a dedicated IT team, or law firms and smaller companies who need someone to do double duty as, say the office manager and the designated IT person.

Even if you don't want a career in IT, computer knowledge and familiarity is recommended and sometimes even a requirement, whether it's a requirement that's listed or not. If an employer has a choice between an MT who is very computer literate or an MT who knows just enough to turn the computer on and get into the correct program, and the skill levels are the same, chances are very good that the one who is a little more comfortable with technology is going to get the nod.
I agree with part of what you said - but not all
[ In Reply To ..]
There are jobs like you described. I'm wondering why IT people are not being hired though. Is it because there are too many applicants per job? I just keep hearing that they can't find anything. Maybe they aren't looking in the right places. Maybe they should be looking at hospitals.
Dunno. - Lots of IT options everywhere
[ In Reply To ..]
Could be a combination of a lot of things. My bro works for UPS as an IT guy and I know they have downsized their unit significantly. Along with everything else these days, the competition is really tough. You have to have the right experience, but you can't have too much - because then you're overqualified and the company will think that you'll leave as soon as something better comes along.

Some times I think it just comes down to the way the HR person feels on the day that they look at your resume or if you get as far as the interview process whether they had a good breakfast that morning.
healthcare IT - pumpernickel
[ In Reply To ..]
There are tons of healthcare IT jobs out there. The problem is employers greatly prefer someone with a healthcare background versus someone with just a general IT background. It's not about troubleshooting some computer problems, which any IT person can do. It's about understanding the needs of the provider from a clinical and business standpoint (and how to meet those needs through information systems development and support) that general IT people don't have. Believe it or not, most would actually rather hire someone heavy on the clinical side and light on IT (they love hiring nurses in particular) than someone from the outside who knows IT but doesn't have a healthcare backtground.
They love hiring people without a strong IT background - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
because they can't get people with a strong IT background. The hospital industry has always paid its IT people as poorly as it now pays its MTs. They can't get really qualified people for that kind of money. That and the fact most hospitals are still running several antique mainframe computer systems for different business processes that don't communicate well goes far to explain the dismal state of the healthcare IT landscape.
IT people are being hired. Just not many here. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The IT industry used to hire people out of school, most of them US citizens, and then retrain them as new technologies came along and give them modest raises over the years.

Now they don't want to spend anything on retraining. They don't want to pay for experience, either; anyone over 40 is essentially totally unemployable these days. They hire only new grads who just spent their own money for tuition to learn the latest technology, preferably new grads from India, Pakistan, Russia, or anywhere people willingly accept an IT job in the US for low pay because it either a) gets them into this country or b) is still much more than they'd be making at home once the exchange rate is factored in.
IT Industry - Just Saying
[ In Reply To ..]
You sure paint a gloomy picture of the IT industry. My son will be graduating this summer with an IT security degree. He already has job offers that came through real-time projects he worked on in his senior classes. Every single one of his friends who graduated with IT degrees have gone to work immediately out of school and are making pretty hefty salaries. Oh yea, they're all good 'ole American boys.

IT is a very lucrative and growing field... that is if you have the talent and creativity for it.

If you have the talent and creativity and are young enough to get hired. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
My brothers are engineers and both of them also got nice offers right out of school with just bachelor degrees.

One of them, the EE, fortunately managed to bank a lot consulting for the government after working for it as an employee for a decade (originally to avoid the draft). He became pretty much unemployable by 45. Too old, too experienced, too long out of school. (Never mind his last 3 jobs had involved fixing disasters created by those younger, less experienced, and recently out of school--that doesn't count these days.)

The other brother got an ME degree, but moved over into IT in its early days. He would also have been permanently out of a job at around 40 or 45 except that he had the foresight to add business to the IT and to make sure he took jobs of a few years each in several different non-IT areas. Even then, when he hit 50, he said whenever he got laid off or eliminated in a merger after that, it would be his retirement date. He barely managed to hang on at his present company through the last restructuring, and it was a given he would never get an interview at any other company at his age.

So, I'm not being gloomy, just realistic. Going into IT in this country these days is like going into professional sports--if you get lucky, you may have a very lucrative career while you have it, but it is certain you need to be planning on either making enough to retire by 40 to have another career ready to go by that age.
Interesting. - Thanks for posting
[ In Reply To ..]
That is good information to know.
My younger brother's son thought so. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Natural born geek--built his first website by the time he was 10, spoke Unix fluently by 12, yada, yada.

When he was 10 or 12, he had every intention of becoming a programmer or something similar. When he was in high school, he still wanted to do IT. By the time he started college, though, he decided to go for a major in accounting. He worked one year with Ernst and Young and decided big-gun-accounting firm wasn't a lifestyle he wanted to live for the next 40 years, so he is actually now working in an IT/internet company that has done fairly well through the recession--but doing a lot of work on the business side, not pure IT, because he watched the career trajectories of his father and his father's colleagues, and knows that while there are plenty of old accountants who are still employed, there are few programmers over 40 who are.
A friend of mine is a programmer - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
He was working here, was recruited by a big firm in Seattle, and has had three giant raises and promotions over the last three years. He and his young wife are getting ready to buy a snazzy house. So yes, it can be done. He is good. He is very, very good. In IT, as in MT, there is room at the top for the best.
It gets them into the country - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Just like these hospitals who staff with Middle Eastern docs who will take half what an American doc makes. Meanwhile, American med school grads go without jobs. I say again, AMERICAN JOBS FOR AMERICAN WORKERS!
The reason IT people are not being hired - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
We are in the midst of a depression (not a recession) and there are likely to be hundreds of applicants for every job.

I have been thinking the same thing.....sm - Tiny

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought about LPN, but the LPN programs are a solid year long and there is no way to work during schooling. I was thinking about looking into becoming an RHIT, or something in administration. I have been transcribing about as long as you have and I'm ready to move on to something new, but not sure how to find the time and money to go back to school and pay the bills. I like what I do and I have a great job, so that also keeps me here.

Is your company hiring? - Justabouthadit

[ In Reply To ..]
I realize I might just have to take off work to go to school. Not sure how that would work, but on the other hand I'm working about 60 hours a week now doing MT/editing in order to make HALF what I used to make in 40, so I guess you could say I have a remarkable capacity for working myself to death.

By the way, I'm sorry if my original post discourages anyone... - Justabouthadit

[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly am just interested in finding some ray of light to direct me in out of the dismal swamp I've found myself in as an experienced MT whose skills just aren't worth enough to make a living any more.

Don't apologize...we're all in the same swamp - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
I take it day by day. I made a list of possible jobs, and my therapist doesn't think any are a good fit for me. It's really hard, I don't know what to say, besides "take it day by day."

I don't see it as a swamp - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I see it as a job. Work.
You're right... it's not a swamp - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It's more like a cesspool or sewer... crappier than a swamp.

We all see this as a job (some of us have seen it as a CAREER in the past), and it's not a simple matter of telling someone to work. We ARE working... just being compensated poorly for it by companies who are squeezing us as hard as they can and clients who just DO NOT CARE about the quality/accuracy of the medical record.

Give me a break.
A job that is on the fast track to nowhere. nm - Justabouthadit
[ In Reply To ..]
What about a sense of humor to get us through...nm - wise1
[ In Reply To ..]
x
that's right...humor - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
Used to be people laughed all the way to the bank. Now we can laugh all the way away from our empty bank accounts.
These are tough times, but not everyone is doing that badly - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
It's humor... - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
...therefore, I used hyperbole. It's an overstatement, for the purposes of humor. Yes, I am aware when you have to explain a joke...your joke is a failure :)
yes.... - but
[ In Reply To ..]
we are working harder and harder and making less and less. If that is not a swamp, I don't know what is... oh, and did I forget about prices going up as our pay goes down?
Thank you - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
the other day my friend said to me, "you know, if you were making this kind of money when you started out, you wouldn't have been able to make it" - that was over 10 years ago - factor in the increase in price of everything...and it's not looking good these days.
So what did your friend advise you to do? - Jobs
[ In Reply To ..]
If it's not looking good for you these days and your friend made a strong comment that got your attention, what are you going to do to change the situation? Is that the catalyst that you need to do something new and different?
?? - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
My friend "made a strong comment" because what I myself said "got her attention." We had a good laugh - it's not my friend's job to give me job-hunting advice (although she has given me some leads), although, as we are both writers, we do commiserate over the vexing problem of "rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar's" - i.e., day job - and then the stupid f*** always wants more. I laugh at the notion of some magical "catalyst" that will propel me into some exciting new career! Something new and different! Clean cages at a vet perhaps? Or maybe I'll apply, with THOUSANDS of others, for some teaching jub (that's right, a jub, not a job, I like that) at a university - last one I applied for, there were 3,000 applicants. No, that is NOT a typo! Or I can find something that pays LESS than I make now - and have to commute and pay for gas! Or maybe the grant I apply for will come through - oh wait, they hardly pick anybody, so that's kind of a long shot too. Oh crap. Guess I'll just have a good laugh with my friend in the moment.

Wow. Try not to be so condescending next time.
Well, you're depressing us and I thought she might have given you good advice - about how to fix your situation
[ In Reply To ..]
I was not being condescending. I was hopeful that your friend might have come up with a solution for your problem.

MT - CaydeGram

[ In Reply To ..]
I too am concerned about the future of medical transcription. I am looking into medical coding as a possible career change.

Coding is a great idea, but I think many are going to be fine with MT too - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
There are plenty of MTs who are doing just fine, some more than just fine. It's true that some of the employers are making bad decisions, cutting pay, etc., but the best MTs are perfectly capable of moving to the employers who are still paying good wages.

I think coding is a great choice for other reasons though. It looks better and better. You do have to have the right credentials with coding, so you have to go into it with that in mind. I just heard a horror story about all the students from a college that graduated and none of them can find work. They weren't prepared to pass the CCS exam. Some of them could pass the CPC exam, but the employers really wanted the CCS.

Justabouthadit - Val

[ In Reply To ..]
After being self-employed for 20 years, I got out 2 years ago. I saw absolutely no future in transcription and basically was tired of working myself to exhaustion at a mere $14 to $16 an hour, if I was lucky. That is, of course, based on lines. I would definitely go to nursing school. Good benefits, always will have a job, and and great retirement. Oh, not to mention paid vacation and sick time, and the satisfaction of helping people. I'm headed that way myself. I am ashamed they are even allowed to teach transcription in school anymore. They are stealing hard-working people's money with no promise of any type of a career. It's shameful.

retraining - gayle

[ In Reply To ..]
I am considering enrolling in our local junior college in the fall. They have a program called Comoputer Forensics. It is only two semesters long and when I looked up this career on line, the average pay is around $51,000 a year, way more than I could ever make transcribing.

Similar Messages:

Wondering About Pay
Dec 14, 2009

I work as an MT in a very rural area, so the pay is VERY good for me.  We are a one income household since my husband got laid off and I easily pay the mortgage, car payments, all of the bills, etc.  I was wondering, if a person lives in a much more expensive area, like California where a person's mortgage would easily be four times mine, do they get more money per line to compensate for that, or is it the same? ...

Just Wondering???
Feb 22, 2010

Does anyone miss just typing/transcribing a report the old fashioned way?  Expansions are nice, I must admit, but ASR is boring.   Just wondering..... ...

Wondering Again
May 07, 2010

Why do companies not want to use mac computers? I have tested many times using word 2003 on my computer but they get scared or dont know what to do if I tell them I use a mac computer. ...

Okay I Am Wondering What Is Going On? Sm
Jan 29, 2011

I have gone from NJA most of the time to now doing late work and have been having more work the last few days.  How is this possible?  Did MTs quit?  I just don't get it.  I am not complaining mind you but just wondering---how strange! ...

Just Wondering...has Anyone Ever Actually Gotten
Jun 01, 2011

gotten their pay docked 3 cents a line for critical errors, over 5% QA submission, etc.  I haven't heard anyone actually say that happened to them.  Is it just a threat ?  I know they would LIKE to dock our pay.    The reason I ask is that I've been having a bad past few weeks.....extra difficult/bad sound quality reports plus stress along with that has caused me to have to sent more than 5% to QA plus I make two what they call critical errors (I saw them as ...

Just Wondering ...
Jul 09, 2011

Hope I've got this on the right board.  I'm to the point where I need to get a new chair.  My back hurts, my butt hurts, and ... well ... you get the idea.  just wondering if anyone can recommend a good, reasonably priced chair. ...

I Was Just Wondering...
Oct 13, 2011

how hard it would be to switch from doing medical transcription to legal transcription?  That might be a good way to transition out of MT for someone who wants to try something else and still work at home.  I know nothing about it and thought maybe some of you do??     ...

Just Wondering...
Jan 16, 2012

Just wondering...when is "any where" used vs "anywhere"?  Sentence is "fluid draining any where between...."  Which is correct? ...

I Was Wondering About Something.
Jan 25, 2012

As an in-house MT we were required to wear business casual clothing.  Another job required scrubs.  Now that I work from home, I wear pJs, sweats, jeans, shorts, whatever.   I noticed that when I am "dressed" (not in pj's or sweats) that I seem to be more productive and I was wondering if others have noticed the same thing.  Sometimes I wonder if the way we dress to transcribe affects our productivity as a professional employee.  You know when you dress up to go ou ...

Just Wondering---
Jan 28, 2012

Who are they going to blame once they switch over to the EMR and there are a million mistakes on the chart?  They won't have the MTs to blame any more, so I wonder, who will it be???  Maybe the "scribe" or the med student who has to follow the docs around because they will be too lazy to type a few things into the computer?  Just wondering----. ...

Just Wondering If Anyone Here Has A
May 04, 2012

from PAHCS? Just curious....Havent come across any mention of them on here. ...

I Am Just Wondering...
Dec 25, 2012

get any kind of card, greeting, token or whatever from their MTSO?  This is the first time in over 20 years of MT that I received nothing, not even a happy holidays pat on the back email from a supervisor.  Now don't get me wrong; I'm not a person who gets all sentimental over the holidays, but really, to work for one of the biggest companies in the world and not even get an e-card?  Maybe I am just being a silly old fool,  but this seems very omnious to me, like tr ...

Saw This Ad And Am Wondering...
Feb 21, 2013

It's 11:30 p.m., and I'm looking at this website and have not thoroughly read this forum, so please don't get angry at me.  I'm 59 this year and can hardly believe the course below would only take a month to complete.  I fully realize, of course, that in no way, shape or form would this make me a coder but might hopefully get me into a doctor's office (?), which I'm having no luck whatsoever despite sending resumes, since I've had no recent ...

Wondering About Something, With So Many Of Us
May 28, 2013

I wonder that most of us seem to be in the mid-40s and even later 50s or 60s that are sick of the MT garbage and want to get out by going back to school. Has anyone considered the fact of how old you/we will be when we graduate a program? Even a 1-year program likely will take 2 years to go through if somone has to work full-time to support themselves, even with loans to pay for school. What about the age discrimination I hear so much of and definitely see it in the real world? Does ...

Just Wondering How Many MTs....
Jul 12, 2013

...can hardly stand to listen to another syllable of these dictators (I think they're supposed to be professionals?) who can hardly put two words together? I had a resident dictate over 30 minutes of absolute garbage today and this was actually an extremely sick patient. This is why I go to the doctor visits with my family members these days. Family members absolutely have to stay on top of things because we could encounter one of these residents/fellows who, in all honesty, may have the be ...

Just Wondering . . .
Sep 10, 2013

Did TSMs and QCs get their PTO cut?  Did their wages go down? Worker bee's are becoming extinct. Ponder that one. ...

Just Wondering.....
Jul 16, 2014

I work in the West and my work has been low, so that every night I am working outside my BOB, and usually for East or South.  How is your work in these other regions? ...

Wondering
Mar 05, 2015

Okay, I have to wonder if it costs so much to train an MT for a company that they would not work with their MTs to keep them happy in the work types and specialties they do. Most times instead if you are not happy with your accounts, they just fire you. Doesn't anyone work with anyone so it benefits the MT and the company both? I find it so maddening that someone just hired can do this without even discussing it with the MT at all. Just fire them because they wanted to try another sp ...

Still Just Wondering - WHY All This OT/MOT? Just What's Going On? No
Apr 29, 2015

MTs (which is probably the case - who wants this job!).  Did they send work back from India, etc.?  ...

Just Wondering... Audits
Dec 02, 2009

Just wondering if a transcriptionist with too many years of experience to tell fails an audit, then how are these India MTs keeping their jobs.  Are they passing their audits?  I just have a hard time believing that they are.  ...

Wondering If Anyone Else Has This Observation...
Dec 29, 2009

Lately I have been setting a timer for an hour and have actually done this for a long time, just to see what I do in an hour... seems of late is getting harder to make more than 18.00 to 20.00 an hour... and I have 28 yrs experience... seems to me something has been set that makes it impossible to do any better, no matter the dictators, the difficulty of the dictation, etc, etc. etc... Anyone else seem to think something is up?  Not mentioning company... ...

Just Wondering Whatever Happened
Jan 07, 2010

I was bored and reading posts today when I realized that the poster known as "Pug Mom" seems to have disappeared into thin air.  I don't know when she disappeared because today is the first day I noticed it, but she seemed to have quite a few issues going on and I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to her. Anyway, no biggie, just noticed the absence of a fellow poster and thought I'd see if anyone here knew her and if she was okay.  ...

Wondering How This Ever Worked Out!
Jan 22, 2010

Totally not the most important thing of the day -- Below is paste of original post I saw in MTStars archives while searching for something else.  Just wondered if the original poster still visits the boards would let us know how this finished up for her.   Again, just a curiosity, but my thought when I saw this was that no replies to the post asked the question:  "Why on earth was the MT even in direct communication with the MTSO's client?"  They got to know each other ...

Wondering Part 2
Feb 09, 2010

What programs( ie Chartscript, extext) are easy to learn so that I can learn some more to use for companies that want these languages exclusively? Erin ...

Just Wondering If VR Is Successful?
Mar 23, 2010

Im not sure if I am posting to the right board about this and I dont know anything about VR, but I am just wondering if anyone has lost their job to a doctor who has decided to go to VR and you subsequently got your job back because the VR sucked? My doc has talked to me about how in the future he wants to go to VR, but I told him I dont see that happening....not with him anyway. He gets very distracted, repeats things, says "no change that", etc.  He may laugh or talk to the patient or ot ...

Wondering About SoftScript
Apr 01, 2010

I am wondering about SoftScript.   They do not seem that highly organized thus far.  The training is only 3 hours; that seems weird.  Just wondering about the platform and if the program is user friendly.  How is voice quality?  Do you think it is possible to do 200-250 lines per hour? Thanks ...

One Year At WMX, And Wondering
May 11, 2010

if there is some sort of yearly review? Last quality check I had was back in the fall. Will be writing to my STM, but just wanted to get a feel for the process--if there is one--and couldn't find anything about it. TIA. ...

MTTest - Wondering
Jul 17, 2010

Regaring MTTest and their pass/fail inconsistencies - I'm wondering if they don't set these things to fail anything after a certain number of test takers.  I'm just saying, if I were an MTSO hring a weed-wacker like MTTest, and with the high number of applicants these years, I'd be saying something on the order of "just send me the top 20."  and so MTTest takes the top 20 from say...50, or even the top from after 2 days of open testing, and then 'defaults ...

Wondering About Editor Pay
Aug 06, 2010

Just wondering if anyone here does any transcription editing and if they do, how much they make.  sadly this was the only job i could find. ...

Still Wondering Why No Work At DSG? Sm
May 11, 2011

How can there be no work?  One day there will be tons and then the next day absolutely nothing.  I just don't understand it!!! ...