A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

One year at WMX, and wondering - sm

Posted: May 11, 2010

if there is some sort of yearly review? Last quality check I had was back in the fall. Will be writing to my STM, but just wanted to get a feel for the process--if there is one--and couldn't find anything about it. TIA.

WMX - edd

[ In Reply To ..]
Usually yearly they check about 5 reports and post the results to you. They sent you an email stating where you can look at the reports and percentages (somewhere on the community page, I forget where, but they tell you in the email so you can check them out.

Similar Messages:

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

Wondering About Pay
Dec 14, 2009

I work as an MT in a very rural area, so the pay is VERY good for me.  We are a one income household since my husband got laid off and I easily pay the mortgage, car payments, all of the bills, etc.  I was wondering, if a person lives in a much more expensive area, like California where a person's mortgage would easily be four times mine, do they get more money per line to compensate for that, or is it the same? ...

Just Wondering???
Feb 22, 2010

Does anyone miss just typing/transcribing a report the old fashioned way?  Expansions are nice, I must admit, but ASR is boring.   Just wondering..... ...

Wondering Again
May 07, 2010

Why do companies not want to use mac computers? I have tested many times using word 2003 on my computer but they get scared or dont know what to do if I tell them I use a mac computer. ...

Okay I Am Wondering What Is Going On? Sm
Jan 29, 2011

I have gone from NJA most of the time to now doing late work and have been having more work the last few days.  How is this possible?  Did MTs quit?  I just don't get it.  I am not complaining mind you but just wondering---how strange! ...

Just Wondering...has Anyone Ever Actually Gotten
Jun 01, 2011

gotten their pay docked 3 cents a line for critical errors, over 5% QA submission, etc.  I haven't heard anyone actually say that happened to them.  Is it just a threat ?  I know they would LIKE to dock our pay.    The reason I ask is that I've been having a bad past few weeks.....extra difficult/bad sound quality reports plus stress along with that has caused me to have to sent more than 5% to QA plus I make two what they call critical errors (I saw them as ...

Just Wondering ...
Jul 09, 2011

Hope I've got this on the right board.  I'm to the point where I need to get a new chair.  My back hurts, my butt hurts, and ... well ... you get the idea.  just wondering if anyone can recommend a good, reasonably priced chair. ...

I Was Just Wondering...
Oct 13, 2011

how hard it would be to switch from doing medical transcription to legal transcription?  That might be a good way to transition out of MT for someone who wants to try something else and still work at home.  I know nothing about it and thought maybe some of you do??     ...

Just Wondering...
Jan 16, 2012

Just wondering...when is "any where" used vs "anywhere"?  Sentence is "fluid draining any where between...."  Which is correct? ...

I Was Wondering About Something.
Jan 25, 2012

As an in-house MT we were required to wear business casual clothing.  Another job required scrubs.  Now that I work from home, I wear pJs, sweats, jeans, shorts, whatever.   I noticed that when I am "dressed" (not in pj's or sweats) that I seem to be more productive and I was wondering if others have noticed the same thing.  Sometimes I wonder if the way we dress to transcribe affects our productivity as a professional employee.  You know when you dress up to go ou ...

Just Wondering---
Jan 28, 2012

Who are they going to blame once they switch over to the EMR and there are a million mistakes on the chart?  They won't have the MTs to blame any more, so I wonder, who will it be???  Maybe the "scribe" or the med student who has to follow the docs around because they will be too lazy to type a few things into the computer?  Just wondering----. ...

Just Wondering If Anyone Here Has A
May 04, 2012

from PAHCS? Just curious....Havent come across any mention of them on here. ...

I Am Just Wondering...
Dec 25, 2012

get any kind of card, greeting, token or whatever from their MTSO?  This is the first time in over 20 years of MT that I received nothing, not even a happy holidays pat on the back email from a supervisor.  Now don't get me wrong; I'm not a person who gets all sentimental over the holidays, but really, to work for one of the biggest companies in the world and not even get an e-card?  Maybe I am just being a silly old fool,  but this seems very omnious to me, like tr ...

Saw This Ad And Am Wondering...
Feb 21, 2013

It's 11:30 p.m., and I'm looking at this website and have not thoroughly read this forum, so please don't get angry at me.  I'm 59 this year and can hardly believe the course below would only take a month to complete.  I fully realize, of course, that in no way, shape or form would this make me a coder but might hopefully get me into a doctor's office (?), which I'm having no luck whatsoever despite sending resumes, since I've had no recent ...

Wondering About Something, With So Many Of Us
May 28, 2013

I wonder that most of us seem to be in the mid-40s and even later 50s or 60s that are sick of the MT garbage and want to get out by going back to school. Has anyone considered the fact of how old you/we will be when we graduate a program? Even a 1-year program likely will take 2 years to go through if somone has to work full-time to support themselves, even with loans to pay for school. What about the age discrimination I hear so much of and definitely see it in the real world? Does ...

Just Wondering How Many MTs....
Jul 12, 2013

...can hardly stand to listen to another syllable of these dictators (I think they're supposed to be professionals?) who can hardly put two words together? I had a resident dictate over 30 minutes of absolute garbage today and this was actually an extremely sick patient. This is why I go to the doctor visits with my family members these days. Family members absolutely have to stay on top of things because we could encounter one of these residents/fellows who, in all honesty, may have the be ...

Just Wondering . . .
Sep 10, 2013

Did TSMs and QCs get their PTO cut?  Did their wages go down? Worker bee's are becoming extinct. Ponder that one. ...

Just Wondering.....
Jul 16, 2014

I work in the West and my work has been low, so that every night I am working outside my BOB, and usually for East or South.  How is your work in these other regions? ...

Wondering
Mar 05, 2015

Okay, I have to wonder if it costs so much to train an MT for a company that they would not work with their MTs to keep them happy in the work types and specialties they do. Most times instead if you are not happy with your accounts, they just fire you. Doesn't anyone work with anyone so it benefits the MT and the company both? I find it so maddening that someone just hired can do this without even discussing it with the MT at all. Just fire them because they wanted to try another sp ...

Still Just Wondering - WHY All This OT/MOT? Just What's Going On? No
Apr 29, 2015

MTs (which is probably the case - who wants this job!).  Did they send work back from India, etc.?  ...

Just Wondering... Audits
Dec 02, 2009

Just wondering if a transcriptionist with too many years of experience to tell fails an audit, then how are these India MTs keeping their jobs.  Are they passing their audits?  I just have a hard time believing that they are.  ...

Wondering If Anyone Else Has This Observation...
Dec 29, 2009

Lately I have been setting a timer for an hour and have actually done this for a long time, just to see what I do in an hour... seems of late is getting harder to make more than 18.00 to 20.00 an hour... and I have 28 yrs experience... seems to me something has been set that makes it impossible to do any better, no matter the dictators, the difficulty of the dictation, etc, etc. etc... Anyone else seem to think something is up?  Not mentioning company... ...

Just Wondering Whatever Happened
Jan 07, 2010

I was bored and reading posts today when I realized that the poster known as "Pug Mom" seems to have disappeared into thin air.  I don't know when she disappeared because today is the first day I noticed it, but she seemed to have quite a few issues going on and I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to her. Anyway, no biggie, just noticed the absence of a fellow poster and thought I'd see if anyone here knew her and if she was okay.  ...

Wondering How This Ever Worked Out!
Jan 22, 2010

Totally not the most important thing of the day -- Below is paste of original post I saw in MTStars archives while searching for something else.  Just wondered if the original poster still visits the boards would let us know how this finished up for her.   Again, just a curiosity, but my thought when I saw this was that no replies to the post asked the question:  "Why on earth was the MT even in direct communication with the MTSO's client?"  They got to know each other ...

Wondering Part 2
Feb 09, 2010

What programs( ie Chartscript, extext) are easy to learn so that I can learn some more to use for companies that want these languages exclusively? Erin ...

Just Wondering If VR Is Successful?
Mar 23, 2010

Im not sure if I am posting to the right board about this and I dont know anything about VR, but I am just wondering if anyone has lost their job to a doctor who has decided to go to VR and you subsequently got your job back because the VR sucked? My doc has talked to me about how in the future he wants to go to VR, but I told him I dont see that happening....not with him anyway. He gets very distracted, repeats things, says "no change that", etc.  He may laugh or talk to the patient or ot ...

Wondering About SoftScript
Apr 01, 2010

I am wondering about SoftScript.   They do not seem that highly organized thus far.  The training is only 3 hours; that seems weird.  Just wondering about the platform and if the program is user friendly.  How is voice quality?  Do you think it is possible to do 200-250 lines per hour? Thanks ...

MTTest - Wondering
Jul 17, 2010

Regaring MTTest and their pass/fail inconsistencies - I'm wondering if they don't set these things to fail anything after a certain number of test takers.  I'm just saying, if I were an MTSO hring a weed-wacker like MTTest, and with the high number of applicants these years, I'd be saying something on the order of "just send me the top 20."  and so MTTest takes the top 20 from say...50, or even the top from after 2 days of open testing, and then 'defaults ...