A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is anybody else here experiencing a - slowdown in work now?

Posted: Jun 19, 2014

I work for an MTSO and am distressed because I really need the work/money (I know, who doesn't - hah).  I can understand it being slow in the winter with all the bad weather, but I'm not sure what's causing it right now.  If I ask, they just say they don't have anything for me now. 

Thanks for any feedback.  :) 

Slowdown in work - Yes I am ...

[ In Reply To ..]
... and when there is work, it's all the crap dictators because all the good ones have dried up and disappeared. :(

had a week off - in house

[ In Reply To ..]
of my in house straight typing job because of the lack of work. My IC job ebbs and flows all year so that's nothing new.

slow down work - cabina

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it's been slower where I work and other MTs for the company I work for have said so too. Maybe just the heat or a summer slowdown, hard to say.

How does bad weather keep ppl from getting sick? - Wouldnt ya think they would be more

[ In Reply To ..]
sick and injured from winter related accidents? I have never understood this.

Let me guess, you have been told it is slow now cause it is so hot, there have been tornados, everyone on vacation (like doctors do not have anybody cover them when they go on vaca?) These are just some of the more common bogus excuses.

None of the above keep people from getting sick! That is what our work is based on, people getting sick. I just wish the MTSo would be honest and just say, we have no idea why it is slow, but it will pick up soon. Or they could be honest and just say we have sent another percent of the acct offshore.

They might as well be honest. This is the way it is and we all know it and if we are still here doing this now, how is the MTSO being honest going to change that? Do they think if these words come out of their mouths, we will all run away from the computer screaming?

What I have experienced with regard to - bad weather. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When I transcribed for doctors' offices, bad winter weather had an effect on my work. Many patients were coming in for consults/followups/tests/etc., and when there was snow/ice, they would cancel their appointment. Or even, the office would be closed.

Also, the workload would diminish during the summer (patients out of town, docs on vacation and did not transfer their entire patient load onto another doc). However, there was no change in the summer workload at a pediatric orthopedic office where I worked because parents waited until school was out to schedule corrective surgeries (scoliosis, etc.).

Just offering my experience.

Slowing flow - SB

[ In Reply To ..]
It is because many of the doctors are starting to self-edit their own work with the speech recognition software. I have been seeing them come back little by little because they don't like using it. My thoughts are with this new ICD code change in October, they won't have time to edit their own work and we will see more coming back. Wishful thinking?

Yes, wishful thinking cause code change not happening in - Oct. Been postponed. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Very wishful thinking ... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
As has been pointed out, the code change is not happening in October. Even so, it has little to do with what you are talking about.

When the change occurs, it is not going to suddenly start taking time. The change will already have been laid in place over the previous 1 to 2 years. They aren't going to be needing any more time to check off a diagnosis from a list than they do now. They don't develop those lists ... coders do.

Further, physicians in hospitals do not do the coding ... coders do.

The increased time is mostly on the part of coders. That is why the already good job market in coding is looking better.

Similar Messages:

Ads? Anyone Experiencing This?
Jan 12, 2015

I posted a message and it just went to an add instead of having me authenticate.... On this board.  Maybe I have a virus.  Anybody else experiencing this?   ...

Anyone Else Experiencing Little To No Work This Morning? Nm
Jul 07, 2012

.. ...

Anyone Else Experiencing Slow To Stop In DQS Today
Jan 20, 2010

I got on my appointed schedule and DQS is slowwwwwwwww, waited 30 mins for one job to finally download, then it stopped and now in continual upload.....EEEEEEE.  This is ridiculous.   And I for one have heard nothing on my MQMail about this new SS time from my CCM or corporate.  SA3.... ...

Is Anyone Else Experiencing Slow Response From Fluency? NM
Sep 19, 2013

NM ...

Anyone Experiencing HIPAA Violation Threats Of Fines/termination?
Nov 11, 2009

Anyone experiencing HIPAA violation threats of fines/termination? ...

Anyone Else Experiencing "radio Silence" From...s/m
Jul 24, 2014

the alphabet soup folks (HDS, PC, etc)? Have not heard a peep from them about anything, and, for awhile, every day we were getting updates and stats, etc. Just curious. ...