A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am fed up with the whole "template" thing with these MTSOs! - UnkownMT

Posted: May 13, 2011

I am currently working for and have worked for other MTSOs who do not pay for their report templates that are automatically dropped into each report.  I get on to work this morning and found that my acct that I work on which previously did not have an templates, now has templates complete with an entire PE paragraph that I have had in my expander.  So now I'm going to get screwed out Lord knows how many lines a day so the MTSO can pad her pockets. 

In complete frustration, I have taken to deleting out what every template is auto populated in every singe document and typing from "scratch" using my own macros and expanders.  Has anyone else tried this?  I am fed up!  They MTSOs act like these "templates" are to make the MTs job easier and that we should be grateful for the "help."  The reality is you are taking money out of my pocket!

I swear I'm going to claw my way out of this pink collar ghetto no matter how hard I have to work or how long it takes!

templates - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My MTSO deletes lines from our line count if we delete the templates, but we don't get paid for them either. They always find a way to keep more for themselves and give less to us.

They were at fault for not informing you this was - coming, not for doing it. The same is

[ In Reply To ..]
happening to me, but I of course expect to get paid for the work I do, not for work they do. Am I happy that I no longer get paid for their 30 lines downloaded when I only typed a macro? No. But that's the way it is. I'm just glad they were so slow finally getting around to it. I still get paid for my own templates, of course, the ones I create for myself.

Since you apparently didn't see this coming, take a warning: there'll be a lot more. We're expensive. Why should they overpay us to download the dictator's boilerplate, or to perform any other mindless activity, when the computer can do it instead? You can expect to be in and out of many more reports in future, doing the parts that require bucking the work up to a human being.

By the way, what you're doing is not something I would care to admit to in public. But then it never even occurred to me to do something so...let's just say counterproductive. After all, the time spent trying to get away with malicious mischief, or whatever the legal name for this would be, could have been spent earning legitimate income.

Malicious mischief?!?!!? They can sue me! What would you call what the MTSO is doing? - UnkownMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Creating templates on accounts without informing the MTs assigned to that account, just a happy little surprise?

I wouldn't call it "counterproductive." With a few keystrokes, I can highlight and delete and drop in my own template and increase my line count by about 25 to 30%. And my templates are more accurate as I have several different ones specific to each dictator whereas the MTSO has one generic template and tells us to change the headings as needed to reflect verbatim for each dictator. So......... I would say I am being way more productive. Shouldn't the MTSOs strive to help their MTs be as productive as possible? The more money we make, the more money they make. Shouldn't the MTSO's focuse be on increasing our production instead of pickpocketing our lines?

I don't know about everyone else, but that kind of behavior on the part of an MTSO sure doesn't make me want to work my hardest or do my best work for "the company."

Say whatever else you want about Transcend - but they do NOT do this

[ In Reply To ..]
We get paid for every character in the report, regardless of whether it came from a template/insert, an expander, or if we typed it with our toes for that matter.

One of my supervisors told me how one person who was in both production and QA used to scam the system by pasting tons and tons of garbage text into a report, sending it to QA, and then jumping over to QA and taking out the garbage, and then resubmitting it. Since the MT is paid for the report as it is initially turned in, that was quite a scam she had going. Somehow, they figured it out (because her line counts were way higher than anyone else's, duh), and they fixed the system so nobody could do that particular trick anymore.

Wow! Thanks for the story. She might still be doing it if - she had settled for...+15% on everything? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Template Use.
Dec 11, 2012

The company I work for no longer allows the MT to use their own templates.  They took the templates we had, gave them to the client, and their staff either made extreme changes or threw them out and wrote new ones.  Of course, the new templates never follow what the doctor says because they don't hear what is being dictated on a day-to-day basis.  I waste tons of time editing and now I only get paid 0.01 for those lines.  That turn ...

Template Use Question
Mar 15, 2010

Can someone tell me how to use a template in word on consecutive pages?  I know how to use it for the first page but can't figure out how to use it for say, 50 pages in a row.  A doctor wants his letterhead used as a template which I have scanned in but can only seem to use it for the first page.  Some of his letters are only one page and some are two or three (which wouldn't use the letterhead) but the whole dictation might be 50 or so pages.  I just can't fig ...

IC Invoice Template
Nov 26, 2012

For my fellow IC's out there, does anyone have a template for an invoice, or a link as to how I can find one. I've usually done my own billing before, but my counting program in my other computer did all of this for me. Now I have to create one, and have no idea where to go or what to do. Thanks for all your help! psw ...

Making A Template With Word
Jan 13, 2010

I've been messing around with Word a bit the past few days, trying to figure out how to make a "jump" function, where I can put a symbol or letter, number, etc. in certain places of a master document so I can hit a control + letter key or whatever and have the curser jump to that particular symbol/letter.  I track all of my document IDs and Job IDs and I'd like a master to use every day so I can avoid all the tabbing, entering, etc.  Throughout the day, the first 3 numbers of ...

On The MQ Template, Is There A Grammar Check Box?
Apr 21, 2010

I am just spoiled with word. I like my grammar check box, it helps.  Does the MQ template have this option??   ...

Got QA'd On A Part Of The Imported Template.
Apr 05, 2013

I had no access to change the header that was changed by QA. I wonder if it counts as a ding towards me? I don't really care anymore. Sick of the myriad of ways this job chips away at you. ...

Template Reports Suspicious
Oct 22, 2013

On a number of reports I do where a template is used (and believe me, they are few and far between, maybe one every three weeks), the print looks all squished together, like they are getting more characters per line for a lower line count.  Anyone else notice this? ...

Shorthand Expander - How To Make A Template
Mar 13, 2010

I am new to Shorthand.  I have always worked with the shortcuts withing Word.  Does anyone know how to make a template with a space that I can get to with the Function Keys?  I used to type the letter kk" and a gray box would appear that I could get to inside the document with the F11 key.  Help!!  Any helpers for this new program would be great.  Old dog working on new tricks. ...

Headers/Footers And Making Template
Aug 25, 2011

HELLPPPP...anyone good at figuring out how to make a template?  client has a form that they sent and it has headers and footers each page.  They have a separate letter form, consult form and chart note.  Then there is a summation sheet at the beginning and STAT sheet at the end.  They want all of this done in one long document, i.e. hard page break between each patient.  I have played with this till blue in the face.  If I try to put the plain summation sheet first, ...

Fox Transcribe - Template For Transcription Test?
Oct 08, 2012

Where can the template be found for transcription test? ...

Prevent Accidentally Saving Over Template
May 10, 2015

I have tried to train my brain to use Save As to prevent saving over my templates but I still save over them all too often.  I am using Instant Text but still don't have shortcuts for a lot of my doctors in there yet.  Any advice is much appreciated. ...

Does Oracle Pay For Headings If They Are Prefilled As Part Of A Template? Sm
Feb 11, 2011

And are all the headings included as part of a template?  I'm finding that, with some services, the new norm is to include every single heading that the doctor "might" dictate as part of the template.  ...

Gamma West Template For Brachytherapy-capitalized?
Aug 02, 2013

I don't know whether to capitalize "gamma west" or not.  I can't find any reference on it. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Change Something In The Heading Of A Microsoft Word Template And E-save Th
Nov 02, 2010

nm ...

Question About Nuance Policy On Qualified (template) Lines
Dec 03, 2014

I was originally with one of the ambulatory groups that came through the back door of Nuance.  Our old ways of doing things have slowly been phased out since Nuance acquired us.  Currently I get 8.5 cpl for standard lines and 1 cpl for qualified (template) lines.  I haven't gotten the email about the video yet, but I've been reading on here about the new 7 cpl rate. What about template lines? Does Nuance pay for template lines? Thanks...  ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

One More Thing!
Mar 11, 2010

Just one more thought.  I have never, ever, known anyone who has left Medquist or Spheris and regretted it.  They may bounce back and forth just to get by, but in the long run, when they are finally finished, they are finished.  For all of those MTs who don't want to start over, please don't take that attitude.  I did and it only got worse and when I did change it wasn't that bad at all.  Again, could it get any worse?  ...

And Another Thing...........
Mar 15, 2010

Not that I'm not glad it was an increase rather than a pay cut, but I think for a lot of us this "raise" is going to just even us out for when he start getting docked pay April 1.  Funny that this "raise" is starting April 1, isn't it?  ...

I Did The Right Thing It Seems
May 02, 2010

Now I know I did the right thing in not only leaving the Q but leaving the field altogether.  I had another physical last week and my blood pressure was back down to 120/70, and my doctor was very happy when he learned I had quit. They wasted no time in sending me labels to ship the computer back, though.  Oh well.. they don't want the monitor, or mouse, or keyboard, so I'm keeping those! ...

Is L5 On S1 The Same Thing As L5-S1
Dec 30, 2010

In half the report the doc says L5-S1, the other half he says L5 on S1.  Is this the same thing?  ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Do That PSA Thing?
May 12, 2011

I clicked on each of the highlighted areas in the e-mail, but where do you go to set this up? I must be needing more coffee or something.  I just dont get it.  Read it 3 times now. ...

I Tell You One Thing That I Know For Certain
Jun 17, 2013

If this dictator says, "peeeeeeeeeeeeriod" one more flippin time, I am going to scream as loud as I possibly can and then punch the daylights out of this monitor! ...

Is There Such A Thing As
Jul 13, 2013

Urine welkenton?  Not sure of spelling, since I'm not sure it's really a word.  They could also be saying welkington.  That's what the dictation sounds like and I've listened to it several times on numerous days.  Can't find a reference to it anywhere and I've tried many variations.  Wondering if it's a really old term or if I'm completely misunderstanding.   Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

One More Thing Before I Go
Nov 23, 2013

I do believe now that they are starting to target those of us who were making 10/6.  In the past, on my old accounts, I was audited no more than once a month.  If I failed an occasional audit, they would wait another month to see how I did on that one and since I always passed, no action was taken.  There was also no action after I took more than the allowable time off.  Then, at the beginning of November, I was moved to another BOB.  After being on the account for less ...

I Tried To Do The Right Thing But....
Dec 12, 2014

I just can't stick it out 2 weeks :(   Every job I type just stresses me out more and more.  I am to the point that I don't care if I get my 20 hours PTO I have built up.   I am emailing back and forth with my TSM right now and it sounds like she is reading off a script!  "Take each report as they come and try to do your best to prevent errors"  No $%^& lady!!  Does she think we don't know that?????  ARRRGGH I am so beyond frustrate ...

And Here's One Other Thing!
Apr 01, 2015

Just had a doctor dictate "potassium 40 mg," (should have been mEq) and then further down, "Levemir 40 mg" (should have been units). If I had not left blanks for them, that would have been 6 points off. It also compelled me to use my allotment of blanks for that report! But they, of course, do not get penalized for their mistakes. On the other hand, our pay is docked. There is a double standard here that needs to be changed. ...

Is There Such A Thing As Wetzler?
Mar 01, 2010

The sentence is ... The ---- was normal to slightly below average. It sounds like wetzler...i did research but I can't find the correct way to spell it.. ...

Would That TAA Thing Cover Something Like This?
Mar 27, 2010

The university down the street will be offering an undergraduate degree in Arabic.  It is one of only 3 offer in this country.  Now THAT ought to be useful.  Sometimes, if you already have an undergraduate degree, they let you skip the basics and finish in 2 yrs.  I would certainly consider that, especially since there appears to be no end in sight to our troubles with Arab-speaking countries. ...

I Love Getting NJA First Thing And Then
Aug 19, 2010

and right at the LAST MINUTE, ONE job comes in.  You type it and then have to sit for another 15 minutes. Rinse, repeat. ...

Is There Such Thing As QA By The Hour
Aug 27, 2010

Are there companies that pay to do QA hourly?  If so where are they and who?  I do QA now and work 15 hours a day for less than $100 ...