A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Finally out of MT for good!! I got a great new job starting - sm

Posted: Nov 22, 2014

next week.  Pay is better than average (MUCH better than MT to be sure), there are awesome bennies, including PTO and vacation and 401k.  Take a wild guess where it is.  I will be back later and let you all in on who I am with now!Laughing

hospital? private practice? - shel

[ In Reply To ..]

Congratulations! - Typing Goddess

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Gotta be... - me4

[ In Reply To ..]
Walmart :)

Good guesses all!! I did apply to WM, but it is actually - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Mickey Ds!! I thought they paid minimum, but they pay quite well and I am so thankful for the bennies. Vacation? Have not had one in the 20 years I have been an MT! LOL!!

Good for you! - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
Anything beats MT these days. Best of luck to you!

Thank you!! I am looking forward to getting out of the house - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and being treated better. I hope:) It will feel good to get out of the house. My depression was so bad at times, but I would just go for a drive, but then being stuck in this chair for umpteen hours:( I will keep you all updated:)
Good luck to you !!! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I know you will enjoy being out of the house and around people again....
Thank you, too:) - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
j
Been There - Done That
[ In Reply To ..]
I was getting in a bad slump, too, and finally got out of MT and my world looked up, about 2 years ago.

Everything just was bad my last 5 years of MT. I was cranky with my husband, couldn't sleep well at all, had tummy aches, a gloom of depression just thinking about sitting in my MT chair....I would literally cringe just looking at my office chair and computer. I didn't even want to sit in it to do fun things, like e-mailing with friends or browsing something interesting on the Internet, because it had such a bad association.

Very best to you and do come back to let us know how the job is. I still come here to reaffirm my good decision to leave MT and to encourage MTs to get out of the business. Nothing (I mean nothing) is worth getting physically or emotionally ill.

I had stayed in MT because of the cheap health insurance. Hubby and I figured out a way to pay for our own. We're "older," so going without it was not an option. Honestly, if I was younger, I would have done without the health insurance until something else came along.
Thank you, too!! I most definitely will come back and - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
say how things are going. I just cannot do this anymore. They act like we should be so thankful to be able to work at home, but 3 cpl for editing? No thanks! lol

Similar Messages:

Finally Starting Coding.
Feb 02, 2011

How hard is it to find a second shift part time job coding, either at home or working somewhere? ...

Finally Starting To See The Cash I Need!!
Apr 14, 2012

It's about time. I know many of you may shun me and say something like "Wow I made double that 15yrs ago". Well guess what, I did too before I got outsourced. So I am happy to finally see some progress with this whole editing business...YAY!!! I must add there was some overtime involved. ...

Just Great - Starting My Shift With Next To No Work!
Jun 16, 2014

I'm fed up with these emails about how there's so much work and with 4-5 accounts my work pool has virtually nothing.  Forget my primary account!  One or two reports per day come through anymore.  Guess it's all gone to India.  Time to find something else to do for minimum wage. ...

Just A Vent. Finally Having A Great Day And Then The Supervisor Calls
Nov 07, 2009

and asks me to help out an account I despise.  The odd thing is the account I was pulled to has less than 10 jobs available and the one I was pulled from has closer to 150.  Now how strange is that!!!!!!!! ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT — But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including “the M,” and “the N” and (now to be included) “the T” following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

What Do You Consider Good/great Pay For VR Editing? Sm
Feb 26, 2010

I know that most companies are going to VR but since I have only worked in house until now, I have no idea what is considered good or great pay.  Can some of you that are happy doing VR and making good or decent wages please share what you consider good or great pay and what is realistic in terms of production?  I have heard 3x your regular production, 2x regular production and less production.  I am really confused and need to be able to compare apples to apples. Thank you ...

What;s A Good IC Starting Rate?
Apr 01, 2010

Offer seemed a little low but can grow after two months (speed and accuracy audit).   I would be on my own with their software in my computer but with tech support.  Got to get a foot pedal.  This is all new to me.  Help! ...

Good Suggestion For A Great Set Of Headphones?
Apr 29, 2010

Can anyone make a good suggestion for a great set of headphones?  Could you please tell me what kind you like and why you like them?  Many thanks in advance. ...

Great Line Counts Require Great Dictators.
Feb 11, 2015

I'm always over 200 until I get Mr. Mumblemouth who knows he is not forming actual words when he hums through the PE, as my counts plummet to as loiw as 75 LPH.   Then I get a long report from an excellent fast-talking dictator and my LPH jumps to 340.   Question:  Why is it that the MTSO does not comprehend the fact that our production depends on the capability of the provider to dictate correctly?   The horrid dictators are never told they are doing anything wrong as ...

Great Transcription Job - Great Pay -
Dec 20, 2011

I worked for LabCorp for 7 years - started at $14/hr - left 7 yrs later at $19.86/hour -- company has own credit card for employees -  called a Clear Card - available to ALL employees - Regular working hours. EASY transcription!!!  Could do it in my sleep!  Benefits.  Had a lot of overtime if you wanted it - ($28 an hour when I left - at time and a half).  I would recommend LabCorp to EVERYONE!  They also have data entry if interested.  lower pay, though.& ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

I Finally Get It....
Mar 02, 2010

After receiving the infamous "no jobs available" for the upteen time today, it finally hit me.  What an amazing way to get rid of MTs without really having to get rid of them on your own.  Drive the MTs insane with no work, yet keep them locked to their computers in the hope that a job might become available.  It feels kinda like playing the lottery....you know it's a waste of money and time, but just maybe you might win...ughh.  Why is it that our "professional" jo ...

Now I Finally Believe The End Is Near
Jun 06, 2011

I must admit I've been reading this board for years, never posted until now, partly due to the probably unsubstantiated paranoia going around awhile back that those who posted here got the ax first, silly I suppose, but I used to care about keeping this job and didn't want to take any chances.  Now, finally, I understand that I am fighting a losing battle, and I know longer give ******.  I've been reading about you guys with NJA for days on end, etc., etc., and I guess I ...

I Did It.....finally! Sm
Jul 05, 2011

I finally told MQ goodbye!  I finally got another contract job and they needed me to start pretty much immediately, so I quit without notice.  In a way I feel bad for resigning without a 2-week notice, but I figure MQ would not give me a 2-week notice if they were letting me go.  I wish all my MQ co-workers well and I hope you find happiness either with MQ or elsewhere.  God bless you all! ...

Finally!!
Jun 15, 2012

Never thought this day would get here, but I'm finally gone!! I feel such peace just to know that I won't have to stress anymore about everthing this industry has become: Horrible dictators, low pay, off-shoring, and VR. Bless everyone who is sticking it out until the very end. ...

I'm Finally Out!
Dec 01, 2012

Finally out.  I start a new job in-house on December 10 in a medical office.  Not MT, just answering some phones and setting up appointments.   And I get to wear scrubs.  I guess in the morning I'll be taking off one pair of pajamas and putting on another.  Don't lose hope friends.... ...

Finally, I Got A Better Job!
Dec 20, 2012

I can't tell you how happy I am.  I was literally dancing around the house.  DS thought I was out of my mind, and I kind of was.  I have been trying to get out from under this oppressive company for a long time now, and I finally have.  I wish everyone a happy holiday.  I'm happy to say I won't be posting here anymore.  I've moved on and I'm not looking back. Best of luck to everyone who is in the same position I was this time yesterday. &nb ...

Well I Finally Did It!
Jan 23, 2013

I finally went ahead and filed for partial U/E.  I know I'm not in as bad of a situation as many I read on this board but I just can't live like this anymore.  It's bad enough that our pay has been to sharply cut with VR but now when they don't give us any work to do it's worse.  It humiliated me at my age to have to do this for the first time in my life at 59 years of age but I did it.  ...

FINALLY OUT!!!
Feb 11, 2013

Friday is my last day transcribing at a company that is about to lay off 10-25 people!  Unforunately that company lost its biggest account, but fortunately my last 6 months of hard word has paid off and starting a new career alltogether with the local county!  I will continue to pray for you that you find work to be satisfied with and compensated accordingly.  I have typed for 15 years and it is hard to say goodbye considering it brought me through many hard times raising my two o ...

Finally Got Out Of MT
Jan 01, 2014

I just wanted really to say for those of you still hanging on, worried about work in the outside world, I finally got out about 3 months ago and I haven't been this happy in YEARS and to be exact in the last 12 years that I was an MT.  Working as an MT, I don't think I ever felt good enough, because I would be torn apart due to missing a comma or not being able to understand a term well enough to find it.  I was so stressed about money all of the time and even dreaded holiday ...

FINALLY G-O-N-E!
Apr 11, 2014

I HAVE FINALLY LEFT - WHAT A FEELING!  I AM ELATED TO GET OUT OF THIS PRISON. ...

Getting Out Of MT Finally! Sm
Aug 01, 2014

After 25 years I am getting out of this biz for good!!  I finally found other employment. May not be the best pay to start out with and some people would look it as an odd job for someone my age, but that is okay too!  I can't wait to start!!!! ...

Finally!
Sep 16, 2014

I have been (as some of you all have) trying to get out of this transcription "hell" for years!  I finally, finally landed another job!  It it outside of transcription.  Its with Verizon!  Finally!  I know no job is heaven, but at least I'll get a raise every year.....................and not have to wonder in agony what is going to happen today......................what are they going to take away from me today............will I be able to pay my bills, will there b ...

FINALLY!!!! A Job
Oct 10, 2014

I have been watching the boards for so many months. I was laid off almost a year ago and sent "oodles" upon "oodles" of resumes to every company I saw on this board, the other board, the job servers...You name it, I sent it.  I even did Craig's list. Some were kind enough to respond, some did not bother.  But I still plugged away.  My unemployment ran out in July and thank God we have been making do.  I answered an ad on Craig's list for something out of t ...

I Am Finally Out!! =)
Feb 20, 2015

I am finally no longer a medical transcriptionist!  No more stress!! No more crappy shifts, crappy dictators, crappy PMs!! No more accounts specs! No more anything!  I read on here all the time how people say you can do it! you can get out of the field and find something else but I never believed it!  Now I am!  I accepted a job with an answering service making good money, benefits, PTO, 401 my own hours and I can do it from home!  so ya it can be done people!! ...

Finally Got Out
Mar 25, 2015

After being laid off at an in house job when they went to point and click and spending 3 months looking outside MT for a job, I've landed a position as a medical records clerk.   ...

Oh Just Great! NOT No OT Pay For Me.
Mar 03, 2011

I was just informed that, even though I worked OT in my time zone (PST) and before my shift (second shift), their day is in CST, so anything after their midnight (CST) goes to the next day - that days and hours count in CST. Geez, maybe I should be working my shift in CST hours. That could be nice. I would get to start 2 hours earlier and stop at a more decent hour. This stinks like week-old fish, and I'm thinking the Calif EED might look at it a different way! ...

Great Fun Looking For A New FT Job
Oct 30, 2011

because when I find a line rate that is deplorable, I will email them back a scolding message how they should be ashamed of themselves and I would have applied to them but for that. Imagine if we all did that even when not looking for a job. ...

ISN'T V.R. GREAT!!??!!
Sep 01, 2012

I edit radiology V.R. Reports and Had to post this one..This just goes to show you how well V.R. really works. It printed: Patient motion of skiers detail with multiple scans repeated multiple times to little of L. He said: Patient motion OBSCURES detail with multiple scans repeated multiple times to little AVAIL. Thank God this doctor knows he needs an editor. Most hospitals are letting the doctors "edit" their own work (which they don't do and just sign the stuff and let it go thru b ...

Great...NJA Now But, Hey!
Apr 17, 2013

cause we are fighting for scraps of work.  I bet whoever's idea that was got a big ol' bonus ...