A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is AA or certificate better or? - New Career

Posted: Jan 04, 2011

IS a Associates or certificate better in Coding?  Does it matter as long as you pass the exam which one you have?

Neither of those matters. What matters is that you are - able to pass a certification exam

[ In Reply To ..]
Most Associate Degree courses and/or Certificate courses are more like an introduction to coding. They don't really teach you enough to pass the certification exams with AHIMA or AAPC. That's what's needed to get most coding jobs though. I'm not talking about the coding jobs where you are in a doctor's office and check off the boxes when the patient comes out of the room. That isn't coding. I'm not talking about people who work in the Billing Department. That also is not coding. For a real coding job, an AA or certificate isn't the answer.

Similar Messages:

HIPPA Certificate
Jun 26, 2011

Just wondering if any other MTs have have taken the new HIPPA compliance test?  ...

Need Help In Choosing The Certificate!
Jul 29, 2010

I have completed the medical transcription course with an excellent grade. I am asked to either choose a letter of completion from them, at no cost or a certificate from a list of colleges (with a nominal fee, I do not mind paying). I need suggestions please. Thanks! ...

HIPAA Training And Certificate
Sep 10, 2012

Just wondering where to go through to get my HIPAA certificate?  ...

Companies That Will Allow Testing Without A Certificate
Nov 15, 2013

Does anyone know which companies will allow transcription testing for potential employment, without having a transcription degree/certificate?  I know there are some, I'm just not having any luck finding them! ...

F5 Client Look Up Security Certificate Outdated?
Nov 08, 2010

I just signed on to work and needed to look up a Client Profile to double-check their protocol.  I get this message from windows with a big alert that the site I am trying to connect to their Certificate of Security has expired??? Say What???? I had to pick a choice to go to the site and windows did not want me to do it saying my computer could be corrupted, etc.  I did get to the profile, but what the heck does this mean??? Is it just me or has Medquist forgot to refile something?&nbs ...

I Thought About Getting A Nail Technician Certificate.
Jan 29, 2013

But the cost is around $5,000, the time is short only 6 months, but with working full time I would have no life with the classes being 4 hours every evening and 7 hours on Saturday. Okay, so if I commit myself to all of that, will I even be able to find a place to work? Most of the nail salons these days are chock full of Vietnamese workers. I rarely see salons with American nail technicians anymore.  What I would love to do is open my own salon, but where would I get the funds to do someth ...

Who Would Have Copy Of Medical Transcription Certificate School Closed
Apr 12, 2010

Hi, I need my transcription certificate from Tennessee Career College which I graduated from in 2006. The school is now closed and I have misplaced original certificate. Who would have a copy of that. The Dept of Education? Thanks Lesnbek ...

"State Certified" Birth Certificate
Apr 25, 2015

I took some pre-employment documents to a notary yesterday.  The birth certificate, issued by the hospital where I was born 62 years ago, I was told would not do for ID because it was not "state certified".  In order to get a state certified birth certificate, you have to have the notary certify they have seen my birth certificate, then the state issues one they call "certified".  This makes absolutely no sense to me and only delays employment.  Anyone else had this experienc ...