A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What kind of file is used for the Diskriter application? - klownmom

Posted: May 07, 2010

What kind of file is used for the Diskriter application?  I have tried before and could not open it.

I don't know, I took the test though.......... - jae

[ In Reply To ..]
And passed and worked for them for three months and was laid off a month ago due to "lack of work". They told me there was very little SR and it ended up being a majority SR, which is fine, I love SR, but if you don't want SR, probably not the job for you.

Funny thing about Diskriter - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually got called twice by the recruiter, and both times, returned the calls, and never received another call back. Its almost like they give you one shot to answer the phone, and if you don't, they don't even talk to you anymore. Whats up with that? Anyone else had that experience? Just strange! Been trying to get on with them for about a year now.

Dont try...trust me - aa

[ In Reply To ..]
Be glad you didnt connect with them. Why would you want to work for a company who micromanages and makes you feel like a factory worker on a hamster wheel every day? There are far better companies than DK. JMHO.
I disagree - maggie
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for Diskriter for a year, would of retired, but unfortunately had 3 heart attacks and had to leave. Wish I could go back, in my 18 years it was the best job I ever had. Never felt like a factory worker, they always made me feel like a very important part of the team, not to mention how much I was earning, not sure I will ever see that kind of money again. I have noticed changes now in their adds and cannot voice an opinion that such as alot of VR i had a straight typing account.

Diskriter - kat

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, I thought it was just me that they did not get back to!!!! How weird are they????

Oh well, I got disability and never have to work again. LOL

Are u kidding? - TooMuch

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for them and the account I am on has mandatory 5 hours overtime every single week. Wonder why they didnt suggest moving you to my account which needs major help. The way they operate is absolutely ridiculous. What company pays hundreds of employees 5 hours overtime every week of the year? I didnt sign up for this and want out in the worst way :(

I thought mandatory OT was illegal? - Just Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in California, so maybe it's different here or maybe I entirely misunderstand the law, but I thought "mandatory" overtime was illegal. I mean, obviously they can make your life miserable unless you comply, but I honestly thought there was a labor law against it.

Geez, the flat-out nerve of these places to implement such blatant laws if they are indeed against labor laws.

I don't work with DR and after reading these comments, I'm going to avoid them like the plague.
Would like to know - TooMuch
[ In Reply To ..]
I did some research as I too thought this practice was illegal, and also read on these boards that DR had gotten in trouble with the Labor Board in the past. However, after all my research it seems companies can make you do mandatory overtime. I was trying to find a loophole since we work production and are not salaried or hourly employees, but couldnt find any solid information.

Unless you want to devote 20 hours a month of your valueable time to this company, I wouldnt advise working for them. Thats six extra weeks a year of work, but funny how we dont get PTO hours based on that. Not fair!
Learn something new every...Question for DRs - Curious
[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly thought mandated OT was illegal but apparently the powers that be found that gold-lined loophole.

I do have a question for DR employees in light of this new information though.

Are you PAID for this mandatory OT and, if so, how? Do they pay you per the hour for those 5 mandated hours, or double your usual cpl rate?

I'm sitting here still shaking my head that mandatory OT can be enforced and feeling a lot of sympathy for you DR folks. I hope it's at least getting some extra cash in your pockets.
Its like this - TooMuch
[ In Reply To ..]
It goes like this...they compute your average lines per hour for the 45 hour week. Then they multiply 5 hours times 1.5 of your line rate.

But the point of the matter is this. Nobody minds overtime once in awhile and the ability to make some extra change...but the MANDATORY which cuts into our personal lives is what kills me. I didnt agree to this in my contract which I feel is deceptive. I just wanted a regular job, not a crack-the-whip job that you have to literally beg to get time off from. I feel like I am living in the 1860's :(
Yep, I totally sympathize - Curious
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd feel the exact same way you do. The little bit of extra cash would be okay, nothing earth-shattering, but the intrusion into private time would really grate on me after awhile and I'd resent and start to resent the job, too.

Is the mandatory OT indefinite or have they given you a light at the end of the tunnel?
No light, but never-ending tunnel - TooMuch
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with the company over a year and it has been this way since day one. Actually occasionally it is only 3 hours OT a week, but there has maybe been two weeks out of the year where there was no mandatory OT. So I dont see any changes happening. Its not about us as people, having a life...its about them, meeting their clients expectations at any cost..even if its a human life. We are merely robots, nothing more.

what account did you work on Klownmom? - laszlo41

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious?

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...

Diskriter :: Enough Work At Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Is there enough work at Diskriter most of the time or feast or famine like other companies? ...

What Would You Put On Your Job Application?
Dec 23, 2009

My computer crashed, and I lost everything on it, including the names of some past supervisors and their contact info. I keep calling and e-mailing my old jobs and can't get in touch with anyone that can give me this information. So I apply for new jobs, and I need this info to put on my job applications. What should I put instead, since I don't have it? I put the name and address of the company and telephone number. What should I put for the supervisor name and contact numb ...

Job Application
Mar 07, 2010

After being scared to death to make a change (or mistake) I revamped my resume and faxed it for a job for a non-profit organization working for those with disabilities.  I probably won't get it and might not even pay as much as transcription still does, but was liberated that I took the risk finally.  Thanks Q for getting me out of my comfort zone~~~ ...

Application
Apr 19, 2010

Has anyone filled out an online application for a company called QED that asks for your social security number, and did you provide it? ...

Help With Job Application
Jul 27, 2012

I recently applied to a Craiglist ad for a medical secretary in a neurologist's office.  I wrote that I would be available for medical transcription services in my home office, hoping they would consider outsourcing this part of their work. The doctor emailed me yesterday saying he was very impressed with my credentials and would I consider working for them full time ( which I don't want). I've got a bit of writer's block about how to reply to him so that he might cons ...

Help If Your TAA Application Is Denied!!
Jan 11, 2010

http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/appeal_rights.cfm ...

US Transcription Application
Mar 23, 2010

I'm just wondering if anyone can answer this for me.  I know it sounds like a really ditzy question but...here goes.  I just filled out an online application for US Transcription and completed their transcription test.  I submitted it and it says the test sent but it took me right back to the transcription test page.  Does anyone know if you have to do more than one?  It didn't specify. ...

S/l Comex Application
Aug 28, 2010

In medication list - s/l comex application twice a day. ...

Medquist Application
Nov 30, 2010

Hey!  I've just recently moved and quit my transcription job working in a hospital.  I'm actually looking to work for an online company but am really leary about scams.  I wanted to apply with Medquist since I've seen people talking about it, but one of the first things they want is my ssn.  That just seemed odd to me.  Any opinions on this?  Am I just being too paranoid? ...

MQ Address For Job Application
Apr 26, 2011

I am filling out a non-MT job application, and I need to list an address for MQ.  The last paycheck I have states Mount Laurel, NJ; however the MQ website now says Franklin, TN?  Anyone know what address I should use?  Thanks! ...

Question On Job Application
Nov 25, 2011

I quit my transcription job this past summer after almost 15 years in the transcription field. Everything that I enjoyed about transcription when I started was no longer there. I was tired of seeing my pay go down, benefits being taken away, and sitting for hours trying to get my work done. I wasn't sure if I was going to try and find another transcription job or just take some much needed time off. I was looking at some job postings at a local hospital, and they have a position for a s ...

Inscribe Application
Dec 20, 2011

Has anyone applied for position with Inscribe? Just curious because the process and testing seems a little complicated. ...

Amphion Application
Mar 13, 2012

I just submitted an application to Amphion.  I have 20+ years experience as well as supervisory in a hospital.  My application instantly came back saying I did not meet their requirements.  Maybe overqualified?? ...

NUANCE Application
Apr 11, 2013

I'm usually not stupid, really, but I've tried for several days to sign on on the Nuance site application page but don't ever get the "two words with a space" right.  First of all, I see a word and a box with a number--do I type both of those, counting the number as a word?  Hasn't worked so far.  I tried "unscrambling" the word I saw and making it 2 words, but that only worked once and I still didn't get into the application part. Can someone please clue me in?   ...

TTS Application And Brief Test
Feb 10, 2014

Anyone apply and take the brief test? How long did it take for them to get back to you? Thanks in advance. ...

RE: SOFTSCRIPT APPLICATION
Mar 25, 2014

Hi everyone, I would like to know if anyone else has recently applied to Softscript for a typing test and was told they did NOT pass?   I have been a very good MT for about 25 years and was very surprised to be told about this!  They didn't send me the corrections, either! ...

Dumb Application Question
Oct 14, 2009

Once you have gone through the first phase of the on-line application process and answered all the questions, ending up at a screen which says "thank you", then what happens?  I did not see any section to submit a resume or whether anyone would call or email or whether I'm supposed to call or email or what the next step in the on-line application process may be.  TIA for any and all help with this. ...

Anesthesia Sounds Like VAC Application?
Dec 08, 2009

Anesthesia:  General with sounds like VAC application?  Thanks! ...

Nuance Application Question. Sm
Mar 21, 2011

Anyone know how long it takes to hear from Nuance after receiving approval E-mail for application? and is testing required? Thank you!  ...

Globespan Online Application
Aug 16, 2011

I am trying to apply at Globespan but when I try to download my resume onto the online application I keep getting an error message.  You are supposed to download it in Word or pdf format.  I thought I was downloading it in Word, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone out there know what would cause this not to work?  I really need some help with this since I am really anxious to apply for the opening.  Please help if you can.  Thank you so much. ...

Hulka Cup Application 2 Per Tube.
Feb 29, 2012

Does this phrase sound right? ...

Fox Transcription Application Reply
Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes for Fox Transcription to reply as to whether or not you passed the application process?   ...

Re: InScribe Testing/Application Lately? It Seems SM
Jan 09, 2014

as though they have a very complicated application process.  Just reading the instructions had me cross-eyed.  Also, in addition to the written test, application, they also  WANT 6 VOICE FILES TRANSCRIBED for their testing??  This seems a bit excessive to me... esp. since they have not given any details re. their pay rate, etc. ...

SOFTSCRIPT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Mar 16, 2014

Hi ladies, Has anyone here applied for work at Softscript Transcription based in California?   I had to purchase a new computer with Windows 8 on it for Microsoft Word. I have had some problem downloading their Audio files onto it and playing them back via the foot pedal. I tried to contact their Techsupport for assistance, but the tech told me that "We cannot help you until we have verification that you have been officially hired by the company." I had been told by their Recruitment ...

Keystrokes Application And Consent
Jun 25, 2014

I applied for a position through the KS website - when I check my status, it shows no "consent" yet. I do not quite understand this - does this mean they provide a "consent" if they want me to go further and take the test ?? If so, would this "consent" show up in an email notification or do I keep checking my status to see ? Thanks for any info. ...

I Had A Pleasant Application And Testing
Sep 23, 2014

with CBS Transcription. The recruiter provided test results which has not happened on the few times I tested for a company. Her emails were not canned text and she was quite pleasant. Unfortunately, CBS uses Express Scribe which is an AWFUL program now. I could not get the auto backstep to work no matter what I did with the settings. Not sure how one could make any money using that. ...

Filled Out Online Application For Keystrokes
Jun 16, 2011

Does anyone know how long it will take them to respond?  Just curious, I am very interested in a few positions they listed open and am eager to hear if I qualify! ...

Instant Text - How To Keep IT Attached To One Application?
Dec 21, 2011

Does anyone know how to keep IT attached to one application?  I've tried every combination of linking, and I cannot keep it attached to my transcription screen.  Thanks! ...

Problem Submitting Application To Keystrokes
Aug 07, 2012

Has anyone had a problem submitting application to Keystrokes.  I tried and it keeps telling me I have already submitted when I have not. ...