A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx - backup accounts taken away lately? - wondering

Posted: Oct 12, 2010

Anyone else have backup accounts taken away lately?

Oh no, not another struggling at Webmedx - Voice

[ In Reply To ..]
On my, poor Anon and the like. They will now have to defend Webmedx once again and complain that we voice ourselves here. From what I understand, this is a message board, a place to come and vent, whether it be positive or negative. According to Anon, we should stop complaining. I see posts stating, don't like it quit. It's not the MT's that need to change. If management doesn't want negative posts about Webmedx or any other company, they should listen to what people are saying on these boards. The numbers are far too great to be ignored. And until anyone can prove the number of layoffs, I'll continue to discount any comments of "a handful or just a few".

AMEN - well said friend

[ In Reply To ..]
not a suit, dont bother

I agree, If it pains you to read of our struggles, then - read something else

[ In Reply To ..]
Please don't try to shut us up. We are obviously getting some comfort from this community, maybe a little information here and there between us. This "put up or shut up and don't look back" stuff might be great for some, but I have a tremendous investment of time and effort get good at certain accounts. To get to the point where my knowledge of names, places, use of expander for repeated dictations, etc., will again reach where I am now would probably take a year or two. Also, looking around on this board, is there anywhere that has much work or satisfied MTs right now? I don't intend to budge unless I am laid off and able to collect unemployment while looking for a new job or perhaps those promised new accounts come through. So if we can glean a little information here and there, I don't see why you begrudge us this.

Numbers are far too great? For all we know, it's the same couple of MTs... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
...posting over and over and over. That's the drawback of anonymous boards like this.

Also, I see all sorts of posts from people making claims about the company like they are hard facts, when in reality it is just personal speculation. Some posts seem outright libelous.

I've never posted before this - wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a fact that my backup accounts were taken away and now I still here all day with no work. I wish I were making that one up. Can't believe we are being treated this way.
Wondering, I just heard they were having everyone work on just - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
their own STR's accounts to simplify things while they assess amount of work flow versus our poised and eager fingers. I hoped that would mean more work as people brought in from other geographic areas went "home," but not today.
Yesterday was as bad a Saturday for me. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I only got in 2 hours of actual work (spent about 10 checking), and here I am tonight, having worked only 6 hours and out work. Anytime work pops up, there are 4 other people scrambling to get it. Apparently the other shifts aren't getting work either. There is no way I'm going to get 40 hours this week, and I'm out of PTO. I doubt I'll even make it to 30 hours.

I really hope they get this straightened out soon. They really should compensate for no work when you have no backup to help fill in instead of telling you to use PTO.

It takes a lot to get me angry, but I'm there.
Agreed - Wish I had been laid off
[ In Reply To ..]
I am really thinking now that the lucky ones were the ones laid off. At least they get to file for unemployment and have a little bit coming in while they are looking for a new job! Honestly, it is getting disgusting and you wish they would grow a pair and either lay off a bunch more people or maybe some at the top, or even STMs! I know it's not their fault either, but what are they doing all day when we have no work? At least they don't have to worry about getting lines and hours in so that they can deserve the crappy insurance! I am seriously considering filing for partial unemployment if this continues.
Also agree - me too
[ In Reply To ..]
I will definitely be filing for partial unemployment if this continues. It is so demoralizing to sit here and hope for work. I sat here for over 10 hours yesterday and only got 5-1/2 hours in. I applied for other jobs when I got NSA all day long, so hopefully I can get out of here soon!
work flow - webbie
[ In Reply To ..]
All of the accounts with my STM were much improved yesterday. I had work all day and no NSA. Hang in there, it may take a little longer across the board, but I am encouraged, crossing my fingers for all of us in this boat!
To Wondering - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not a webbie, and I am sorry that this is happening to you. I think what I am wondering is WHY you are all being treated that way? I believe that it is happening, but WHY?

When you make a comment like this, claiming libel - and not outing yourself

[ In Reply To ..]
It is just so obvious you cannot be an MT, not for WMX. If you worked for WMX, you would know the problems with lack of work, etc., you also would be frustrated. What's your angle? Seems the only objective is to defend the company and pass out vague threats. Some of the comments have been a little dramatic, granted, but just like what you say, we all take those with a grain of salt and an honest sympathy for the desperation there. What do you expect when no information is forthcoming? If YOU know some hard facts, please tell us, otherwise expect speculation, and definitely NOT by just a few.

webmedx question - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not had a back up account taken away, but suddenly my main account that always had plenty of work has almost zero, and many new MTs assigned and working on it. (I am guessing others who are running out of work are now assigned here as a backup?) Please no flames from anyone, just stating facts.

Bingo! - Bingo!

[ In Reply To ..]
Bingo..Did I say bingo?

You did! I hope you enjoy your family dinner at Denny's, or - whatever the prize is. :) NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

back up pools - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Ok I spoke too soon, have an e-mail that back-up pools may be adjusted across the board, and they will contact individual MTs when they do this. I have not been contacted YET, but I took on 6 accounts to try to not run out of work, it definitely is causing me to lose money as I have to keep looking up account specs and am not as familiar with all accounts. Now, if this ultimately means we will have more work on a few accounts, that would be great, and would lead to greater productivity for me at least! I just am not sure that will happen given the low volumes across the board. Time will tell.

Back up pools are robbing Peter to pay Paul - Cause & effect

[ In Reply To ..]
I think we know the end result of such a scenario.

WMX MGMT blind leading the blind - will get worse...

[ In Reply To ..]
Common theme on a daily basis along with NSA, & emails asking us to flex our time (daily occurrance now for the past 2 months). During the day the reason for NSA (besides lost accounts)all work is being processed into VR so that they can cut their costs on payroll, because they are heavily invested in it, convinced on its profit. by the time it starts getting coughed out towards mid afternoon, we have everyone including their mothers & brothers pouncing on it. What we have is a nightmare conglomeration of unstructured work flow while a clueless WMX management scramble to fix it with shuffling here and there. Its so dummied up, its beyond your worst fears. Kind of like the blind leading the blind trying to find that street called "$". But unfortunately they're blindly going down every street, alley, road because they can't see the street signs.

Daily Mgmt Meetings of Head Scratching - and back patting

[ In Reply To ..]
They are scrambling and you would be amazed at the daily senseless, time-consuming meetings taking place with no sense of reason and or solutions. MGMT is ill-advised by cut-throat mentality and decisions are being made in hopes of something sticking.

They're not scratching their heads LOL - Bottom Line

[ In Reply To ..]
The bottom line is it appears they are trying to save money off us MT's. They don't get it. We are the backbone of their success. Without highly trained, professional MT's, the company will only continue to lose accounts. It's quite a simple equation, happy employees make for good employees and good employees make money for their companies. Keep on screwing the help and well...we see where this has taken them...

How could you possibly know this? Seriously - Are you management? nm - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
To "And back patting" - Please answer the question. Where did you get your information? - curious
[ In Reply To ..]
You are either:
1. Making it up.
2. Management with inside information.

My bet is on #1.

How about they get rid of ALL the bums and start over? - What a joke.

[ In Reply To ..]
If they can't run the company (which is obvious to a blind man) then they need to be thrown out! I hope the board of directors has someone who reads and reports the posts on this board. We need effective management. You used to have the best MT talent in the industry, but your lousy management "team" and their mentality has run most of them off.

I am so happy - osteoMT

[ In Reply To ..]
that I did not take that job with this company a few months ago. I really fell for all of you who are currently going through this.

If you are looking for reassurance, don't worry. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not just you. I had one taken away a few weeks ago because of low work volumes. I believe that some "helpers" are being taken off my primary as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will start to pick up soon and that I'll be able to gain another backup that actually needs help, but I'm still not terribly confident. I guess I'm pessimistically watching and waiting.

Not watching and waiting here... - wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
Applying and interviewing elsewhere. This company has gotten absolutely ridiculous.

But wouldn't it make sense that pulling extra MTs off accounts sm - WoodyG

[ In Reply To ..]
would lead to more work in those primary accounts for you, so that instead of working on your own backup account(s), you could stay on your primary? Just trying to understand.

Webmedx management---it would make sense IF - scratching MY head

[ In Reply To ..]
(yes it is obvious you are management) you didn't blatantly overhire for our primary accounts or have people scheduled at times for which there is no work on their primary account (i.e., Saturday and Sunday for a clinic account). Sure you need some coverage for the stragglers that come on and dictate, but you know there is not enough work in 1 account to keep an MT busy for the entire day on a weekend. You really have no clue, do you?

Management - Bottom Line

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems quite clear that most of the MTSO's people gripe about on this board have no concern for the MT. If they did, they would better manage the work flow. Seems they spend a lot of money on management (or should I say mismanagement). It's not the MT's that should be let go, it's management!
Well MGMT needs to pay bills too! - Not our fault that...
[ In Reply To ..]
Not our fault that we happen to be higher on the food chain than the MTs. Fortunate for us..but sadly unfortunate for the them.
Spoken like a true manager... - take no responsibility
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps if there were better management we wouldn't be in this position in the first place. My STM assigned me all of my backup accounts. I didn't go out and put them into my pool all by my own self.
mgmt and food chain - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
So....this sums up perfectly what we have been feeling and saying...we are bottom of the food chain, nothing to management, just low scum they have to put up with!
Come on, you can do better than that. - Seriously
[ In Reply To ..]
If you really WERE management, I have to think you would be much, much better at bamboozling the underlings, after many years of practice. This was put on here just to get a rise and the other similar comments. If management is indeed reading this list, I commend them, but writing comments, and like THAT? I don't believe it.
Mgmt Pay Bills - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, but it is easier to "pay bills" when you make $40,000+ a year!!!! Why not try living on our salary and see what it feels like then you wouldn't be so quick to say "mgmt has to pay bills too." Get rid of the dead weight up there and you may have "more" to pay bills with and don't say "I don't make" because we all know it ain't true.

Similar Messages:

New Webmedx Accounts?
Jan 20, 2011

Although the work has picked up at Webmedx, where are the 2 HUGE accounts that were supposed to go on-line in January?  Does anyone know? ...

Has Anyone From Webmedx Followed The Lost Accounts
Sep 14, 2010

Just curious as to if anyone that was let go from WMX applied to Medquist. ...

Webmedx Lost Accounts
Nov 01, 2010

Does anyone know if all the lost WMX accounts went to Medquist, or were there other MTSOs they went to?  Just curious. ...

WEBMEDX--NO WORK ON 6 ACCOUNTS
Mar 08, 2011

Honestly, SIX accounts, NADA.  What is going on?  I have had OT for weeks, and now not a thing.  They must have really outdone themselves with the overhiring this go-round.  ...

Help With Backup Plan
Dec 11, 2010

I hope someone can help me.  I know I need to back up my files (especially my work files, SH, etc.)  I see ads on TV about back up options, I have heard of other ways to do this as well, like an external drive.  My dilemma is that I don't know which is the best way to do this.  I have a Dell computer and every so often a box comes up and says backup not done.  I never click on it.  Does this mean I should have make a disk with everyone on it that I wa ...

WP 5.1 Timed Backup
Nov 30, 2012

After a couple of years using Word, I have forgotten how to set backup time for WP 5.1 and this is imperative since living in FL with many electrical storms. After 32 years with HCA, I was outsourced and now am setting up as an independent contractor MT. Thanks for any help you can give me. HELP! ...

Backup TSM Is MIA, Not On Spark.
Jun 05, 2014

...who has been referred to on this board. My regular TSM is away. The stand-in is never available. NEVER. ...

Antivirus Software, File Backup
Jul 27, 2011

I'm curious to know what types of good antivirus software are being used by ICs out there who are working from home and transferring files via ftp.  I have Windows Defender, Malware, and McAfee, as well as real-time updates, email and internet security and a firewall.  Also what about file backup?  Thanks! ...

Need To Backup My Word Files And Autocorrect
Feb 06, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to back up word files and autocorrect. I would greatly appreciate it. Wendy ...

Word 2007 Autocorrect Backup
Feb 19, 2012

I do this every couple of months, but every time I have to really think about it  So can anyone tell me where the written instructions are on backing up my Autocorrect entries? ...

What Is The Purpose Of Giving You A Backup Account
Oct 03, 2013

You are just back at square one with the same problem, NO WORK. How about a true solution instead of just taking a meaningless action that solves nothing. ...

Backup Dictionary And Auto Correct Entries
Dec 09, 2009

Can someone please tell me how to back up my custom dictionary and auto correct entries in Word 2000?  Thank you so much! ...

For Anyone That Works At TTS Are The Accounts Difficult Accounts And
Jul 09, 2013

how is the platform.  I know people have negative comments about them but are there any positive ones.  I would only try it PT and IC.  Not sure that would work out or not.  ...

I Assume The Bayscribe Accounts Are The Old MDI-MD Accounts -- Sm
Jan 30, 2014

is that correct? If so, are CB and DF still involved? I love Bayscribe, and I was thinking about biting the bullet and applying to Nuance for some PT work, but I kind of butted heads with the 2 ladies and so I don't want to waste my time. Thanks for your input. ...

How To Get Your Own Accounts?
Nov 05, 2009

Hello, I have been a transcriptionist for a couple of years now.  I wound like to try and get my own accounts.  I live in a heavily populated area where there are tons of doctors offices.  I am unsure how I should go about this.  Do I start calling these offices?  Do I make up a flyer?  Do I stop in and drop off my resume.  Any ideas or thoughts you would like to share with me would be greatly appreciated!  If you would like you can also email me.&nbs ...

How Many Accounts Can You Do In A Day?
Jun 28, 2010

I am sick to death of being bounced all over the place!  I would love to force the QA lead and CCM to swich every 10 minutes as well... Now in the south, switch, now in the north, switch, now in the west... Yeah, just try and keep track of all of these accounts.  THIS IS FLIPPIN CRAZY having to check the client profile with every darn job! I feel like creating my own darn client profile today and not one of these accounts are gonna like it. ...

Anyone With Their Own Accounts?
Oct 07, 2010

Recently I was told the account I've been on for the past decade is going to voice recognition.  Having worked on a VR platform briefly, I know I don't want to get screwed making half the money with longer hours. I really hated it and did almost as much typing then as now - only at half the rate.  That being said, has anyone gone out and found a couple of docs locally to transcribe on their own?  I guess I'd have to buy a call-in system?  Just seems like it w ...

Getting Your Own Accounts
May 16, 2011

A couple of years ago I obtained an LLC, took a webinar on how to run a transcription business as far as getting ideas on file transfer services, fees, etc.  However, because I had to work full-time I never found time to pursue beyond that, or I guess I just chickened out basically.  I guess I am thinking I would just start calling locally.  I already checked with a college friend, who is a general practitioner.  Of course, they are entering data themselves and not using tran ...

VA Accounts
Nov 10, 2011

Can anyone let me know who some of the companies are that transcribe for VA accounts for example OK City, Kansas City, etc. Thanks! ...

Getting Own Accounts
May 21, 2012

Any advice on getting own accounts?  I was thinking about making a page with my info on it.  My specialty is psych transcription.  Can I just send out my info page to various psych clinics to see if they are looking for a transcriptionist?  Any advice on what to charge?  I was thinking 10cpl.  Any advice on this is welcome.  ...

Looking For My Own Accounts
Aug 29, 2012

I'm going to be sending out brochures to doctors' offices in my area.  I'm wondering which specialties would be the best ones to target - i.e., more likely to outsource their transcription to an individual transcriptionist, least likely to have EMR or EPIC. I can do most specialties, but it would help knowing which ones to try first so I can save money & time. Would appreciate any ideas/suggestions from your own experience. ...

Accounts
Mar 06, 2013

What do consider accounts?  All the different facilities, which can have a hundred people dictating or individual physician offices?  Just curious?  As I was warned by some of you kind transcriptionists, I did not get my own hospital where I previouslly worked, but have gotten several large facilities in the state.  When I question the supv, she always says "you are primary" on my old hospital.  Like to know how that is since I rarely get their dictation and she has admi ...

MT Accounts
Sep 11, 2013

When a healthcare facility outsources to a company such as M Modal do the MT's who were in-house retain their own transcription jobs they once had?  Is this a contractual agreement between M Modal and the healthcare facility?  ...

Wow My Accounts Rot
Sep 15, 2013

I was on other accounts for most of my shift and then got switched back to my normals. Mine are terrible, how can I get switched, tired of listening to foreign docs all day long. ...

Put On New Accounts
Feb 13, 2014

It was bad enough that we lost 1 of the accounts that I have had for 13 years last week, but today, without notifying me, I was put on new accounts.....the accounts where they are firing people left and right because of not passing audits.  My line count went down at least 30 lines per hour, mainly for having to look up physicians to cc, and consulting physicians, ect.  I am very stressed, and I just had to vent.  My nerves are frazzled. ...

I Have Got 4 Accounts Now, 2 Of Which Seem
Mar 26, 2014

I am just wondering if this is the new policy, or maybe just my little area of Nuance. It seems as if, despite my protestations, I am now forced to have 4 accounts, two of which I am unfamiliar and seem rather generic and never seem to have anyone working on them full time. On the other hand my primary and secondary are always decimated because so many people are on them now so I am forced to do the crappy overflow ones. I really hate having more than 2 accounts, except when things are really s ...

OTI Accounts
Apr 18, 2014

I am so sick of getting emails from OTI pleading to transcribe these accounts that pay 7.5 cpl and are practically as long as books and ALL VERY difficult ESL's.  7.5 cpl....... Really?!!! ...

Many Accounts From All Over
Nov 05, 2014

Is everyone else now getting reports from many different facilties, from all over the country?  I work part-time, and today alone I received reports from 16 different new facilities, separate from what had been my regular account, which in itself encompasses about 12 hospitals.  It's very time consuming to go through each profile and get used to each new and sometimes irritating doctor, often with very poor sound quality.  On top of that, I'm getting ...

AP - New Accounts
Jan 01, 2015

Wondering if anyone has been set up at all with the new accounts yet?  I know it's a holiday but kind of expect to get account specs or at least have them listed in my account list.  Even an email about the status would be welcome! ...

How Many Accounts Do You All Have?
Jan 31, 2015

Just wondering.  I am having enough trouble keeping these 3 separate with all the different client specs.  Over 2 or 3 is just insane. ...