A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance medical insurance/line counts - New to Nuance

Posted: Jul 21, 2011

I've just signed on with Nuance and was wondering about the medical/dental insurance.  Can anyone tell me the cost for employee and family?  Would like to know about deductibles, etc.  Please give your opinions on the insurance too please.

Also, was wondering if current employees find it easy/difficult to reach the required line counts at Nuance.  Thanks!

Nuance PTO, incentive plan, holidays? - Webber

[ In Reply To ..]
Would also love to know about PTO, incentive plan, and holiday pay if anyone has that information. TIA!

Nuance benefits - you weren't told??? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it's pretty sad that you've been hired without knowing about the insurance costs. Isn't that pretty critical to accepting a job? Sad that you haven't asked and sad that Nuance hired you without giving you critical information to make such an important decision.

nuance/webmedx - ex-webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance bought out Wmx and STILL after several months has NOT told employees what the pay/benefits/bonuses will be, they are still "considering" this, after Wmx employees already incurred a hefty pay cut. So no, it was not a matter of people hiring on and not knowing this, it is a matter of being sold down the river without a paddle and left in the dark IMO.

Do a search on Nuance here.... - hmmm...

[ In Reply To ..]
some of this has already been posted.

"After several months"? The buyout just happened a short time ago - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
The announcment just went public on July 14th. Were you on the company call? For some reason there was a delay in the public announcement, probably boring legalities, but they did acknowlege that fact during the call on the 14th.

Webmedx employees were told about the acquisition just a few weeks prior to that, maybe around the end of June or so. It's hardly been "several months."

With a company the size of Webmedx, I am not suprised that it will take some time for everything to get ironed out.

I'm sad?? Maybe you should take a look in the mirror - New to Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, it was NOT critical to accepting the job FOR ME. Maybe for you, but not for me. I may or may not use their insurance plan. I think your response was sad. If you do not have the information regarding insurance, then keep it moving instead of coming back with an ugly response. I was merely asking because I was curious and maybe a little impatient, as they JUST offered the position when I posted this question. I have just received the paperwork, etc. I just wanted to hear opinions on whether current employees felt it was good/bad, expensive/reasonable, etc. I also wanted to know if they found it difficult reaching the line counts. There were other factors that helped me make the decision to join Nuance. I will assume from your response that you cannot help answer these questions, so I will keep it moving, and you should do the same.

Can you kindly share any other information? - Webber

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have any information relating to pay, PTO, incentive/bonus plan, holidays, insurance? Now that you have the paperwork can you please let us know?

Our company was acquired by Nuance last month and we have been given no details on these matters. Trying to plan but have no information to go on.

Thanks in advance for kindly sharing any of this information with us!
Sure! - New to Nuance
[ In Reply To ..]
I still have not looked at the paperwork...since it's the weekend, figured I could do this later...LOL
This is a copy/paste from another post...hope this helps. I think the only thing I'm missing is the actual cost of the insurance. Once I get this, I will certainly come back and share.

When I was offered a position yesterday, I was told that you start earning PTO on day #1 but couldn't be used until after 90 days. I believe it was 40 hours for the 1st year, 80 hours for the 2nd, 96 for the 3rd, and 112 for the 5th year. I'm looking at my notes but was writing as she was talking so may be a little off. You need to request at least 2 weeks in advance but up to supervisor I guess whether you are granted that time off. You can carry over 40 hours per year/losing anything more than 40 hours. I BELIEVE she said it was an average of your line counts...she told me but can't find it in my notes now.

After 90 days of employment, they offer medical with 75% of it paid by Nuance for employee only (but I did not get the cost for employee/family during the interview), dental, long-term disability, PTO of course, and 401K plan with 50% matched by employer up to 4% of your salary. Open enrollment for 401K is every 3 months.

Full-time is 35 hours per week, transcribing 220 lines per hour (110 lines per hour for part-time) and you have 60 days to reach line count.

Incentive plan kicks in after you reach your 220 lines per hour. I believe they calculate this quarterly, and you receive 10% of your total pay IF you have 98% quality scores with less than 15% of your work going to QA. From what I've read, this is not working for a lot of people...will have to see for myself though, of course. I believe (from what I've read) that the checks are issued separately as bonuses so taxed at the higher "bonus" rate instead of regular pay.

Pay is 8 cents/full transcription and 4 cents/editing. Differential is 1 cents for full transcription and 1/2 cent for editing if working between the hours of 10 pm to 6 am.

Holiday pay is +25% IF YOU WORK the holiday but nothing if you don't work.

I hope this helped.
One more thing... - New to Nuance
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh...and she did say there were 3 medical plans to choose from...but no more info than that yet.
Thank you so much! - Webber
[ In Reply To ..]
I can't tell you how much I appreciate this information! At least now I know what the future will hold and can plan accordingly. Thanks again!
Thank you... - Rainy
[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate the info. Better dust off my resume. Two of my accounts have horrendous dictators (US and ESL equally bad), there is no way I will be able to consistently make 220 lph. I want to give Nuance a chance, but they may be the ones breaking ties with me.
I've worked at Nuance for over a year... - anonymouse
[ In Reply To ..]
The 220 lines per hour is for VR, not straight transcription. Straight transcription is 110 lph. Once you get used to your dictators, it isn't hard to make the 220/110 according to whether you get VR or straight. Most of the work will be VR.
220 lines/hour?!?!?!?!? Every day? I could never pull that off every day. - another thing to miss about the good ol days. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Depending on the account.... - New to Nuance
[ In Reply To ..]
I just hope I can make the lines...not sure what kind of account I will have. Guess time will tell. You're very welcome and good luck to US ALL!! We're gonna need it in this industry...lol
I work for Nuance - anonymouse
[ In Reply To ..]
I refused the ins for family because it was gonna cost me $1050 a month. The deductible was $2500 if I'm not mistaken. That was way too high for me.
The 220 lines is for VR, which isn't hard to do once you learn your dictators. For straight transcription youre required to get 110 lines per hour.
Everything else sounds right. :)
Thanks for the correction - New to Nuance
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the correction on the line counts.

I can believe how high the insurance is for family....wow!!!!!!!
how long to get hired? - anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
I was just curious how long it took for you to get hired? Did they offer you the job on the phone interview or after the phone interview?

Similar Messages:

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...

Nuance Line Counts
Jan 17, 2015

I am a Nuance newbie since the end of last year.  When I add my lines I have done from my accounts for one week, 1/3-1/9, I have 6868 but on the timesheet I see my total lines are 4397.  I'm glad to see I'm finally in the .08 bracket, but I don't understand the line discrepancy at all!  I have added my lines up in the past and it has matched the timesheet lines.  Has anyone else had this happen?  I'm about to scream ...

Nuance Line Counts Are Accurate?
Apr 05, 2014

Nuance gives me my line counts and they are loaded onto WebClock.  I have no idea what reports they are counting.  How do you know if the Nuance line counts are accurate?  I worked for several other companies and not only did they give the line counts but a tally of the reports that were counted.  So if I kept a log of daily reports I could compare to the total of reports that the company was counting.  With Nuance there is no way to know what reports they are counting.  I am on Dictaphone ...

Nuance Line Counts Are Not Based On 65 Characters
Apr 28, 2012

I have heard that Nuance line counts are not based on 65 characters.  Does anyone know what the actual length of the lines would be?   Thanks ...

Nuance: Speech Recognition Versus Transcription Line Counts
May 13, 2012

As I was working today I thought about speech versus transcription, and it occurred to me that I was transcribing a good deal in each speech report I "edited." Why is transcription done for a full report paid any differently than transcription done in a speech report? In other words, why don't I get paid my transcription line count for the characters I am transcribing in a speech report, particularly since a great deal of these speech reports require almost re-transcribing completely due to ...

Medical Insurance At Nuance
Jun 14, 2014

I'm currently working 24 hours a week @ MModal.  My husband's medical insurance has become too expensive, so am thinking about going to Nuance for 30 hours a week for benefits.  Could anyone tell me who the insurance carrier is and about what the deductible is?  Also, is there out of net wot coverage?  Thanks so much :) ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

OSI Line Counts..
Aug 05, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what OSI cuts out of their line counts?  Seeing as they use a remote website for line counts, it is pretty obvious they cut corners with what MTs get paid on.  I was just wondering WHAT are the cutting?  Do they only pay 1 space?  Do they not pay if you copy and paste? Do they only pay on a % per page - meaning if you have little on 1 page you aren't going to get any credit for those lines, etc?  Just curio ...

Line Counts Less?
Sep 07, 2010

Is it me, or does it seem that since 6.1 went into effect, my counts are a lot lower than usual when I check them under statistics. ...

Line Counts And ESL
Nov 12, 2011

I know this has been discussed before, but what is up with these line counts?  I used to have no problem doing 200+ lph.  Now, I work at the same pace on an account with less ESL speakers and I struggle to get my required 150 lph.  I won't even comment on the fact that my straight typing has dwindled away to maybe 10 lines a day...on a good day.  Thanks for listening...this is just all so very frustrating.  I try to keep a positive attitude and be very diligent about my work and ...

Line Counts/KNR
Feb 03, 2012

For MTs with this company, are any of you having trouble meeting the line count required with VBC within a 40-hour timeframe?  I even have expander program.   ...

Ok, Seriously, Regarding Line Counts
Jul 12, 2012

I posted yesterday and had lots of views, but no one replied.  Every time I check a line count in different online "character counters", it is about 10% over my MM count.  What is the most accurate way? ...

ASR And Line Counts
Apr 19, 2013

I was wondering if any of you could tell me your average LPH. Is the ASR at Nuance pretty accurate or are you constantly making corrections? How many lines per day are you able to do? I was offered a job here and I know I can trust you more than the recruiter to tell me the truth. Are the top producers really able to make a decent paycheck? Are you kept on your primary accounts for the most part? TIA. ...

Line Counts Off?
Mar 10, 2014

Is anyone's line count for today WAY OFF??  I've been working all morning and it seems to be waaaaaaaay too low! ...

Line Counts
May 18, 2015

Anyone out there finding that their lines are dropping for no apparent reason?  Have been struggling for 2 weeks to get minimum 150 lph, doing nothing different than I've ever done, same amount of work, same clients, same hours but lines suck.  What are the chances they are messing with our bean counter?? ...

QA Line Counts
Jun 23, 2015

How many lines are reasonable to expect from QA per hour?  Is a flat rate of 0.09/line count a good rate?  Any info would be appreciated! Thanks- ...

DTS America Line Counts
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone work for DTS America and have problems with descrepancies on their line count? ...

Transtech Line Counts
Feb 05, 2010

I would just like to know who DOES get their line counts in every pay period.  It seems I am always a little short due to low volume?  I hope I am not in the same boat........Thanks for the input! ...

Etransplus Line Counts
May 03, 2010

Does anyone who's recently been hired or who have been there a while tell me what the current line counts are for those who want to be full-time employment status at Etransplus?  I work on VA accounts and was told it was 10,0001 per pay period, but I've been told by one of the office staff that it was 12,000.  I've sent email after email to the supervisors with no response.  Does anyone know?  I just want to make sure I'm hitting the right target.  Th ...

What Could Be The Reason For Odd Line Counts?
May 12, 2010

According to the Escript, I'm doing an average of 300 lph on VR but usually at the end of 8 hours, I don't top 1100 liines most days.  On Dictaphone's ExSpeech, i used to consistently do 1800-2400 a day on a combination. I have noticed with EScript that 1 day a week, my lines will hit 1200-1300, and I even hit 1500 one  day, yet the lph were still 300.  It doesn't make sense. No, I do not take breaks.  Half the time I don't stop ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

Line Counts And Templates
Jun 22, 2010

Hi - I have a question regarding counting templates. I have a new doc who wants me to only count what he dictates, and not the templated review of systems, past medical history, social history, etc. which is all unchanged (unless he says to change it). Do you cut and paste your work into a "count" file to get the total, or do you tell the doctor that it has to be included in the count. And what about the times he does make changes to the "templated items". I welcome any suggestions. ...

Regarding Consistency In Line Counts...does Anyone Else Have
Jul 17, 2010

extreme trouble being consistent in their line counts? Some days I struggle to get half my lines and some days I can double them.  Of course there are factors that influence that like lack of work, which account I am on, if I am having technical difficulty or if I am having an off day personally, but when I look at my timesheets, I look like the most random person on earth.  I know many people say they work 7 days a week to get their lines, etc., and I have most certainly been th ...

Highest Line Counts....
Jul 19, 2010

My highest line count in a day is 2012.... I am wondering what everyone else's record is and how long it took them to get it ?????  ...

What Line Counts Standards Are Out There
Jul 29, 2010

I am just curious as to what line count standards are out there. What are your line count requirements for the day and how much do you use your QA for things like missing encounters, unable to ID patients, incorrect work types? Where I work our standards are relatively lower than other places, however, we also are required to match encounters, determine the work type, send an email for each work type or inrcorrect MRN, create a temporary patient if we cannot find the patient anywhere in the s ...

Highest Line Counts
Nov 08, 2010

Please share highest line in 8 hour day with VR, but no normals.  My highest was 2300, but range from 1700 to 2300 usually.  I've been at for about 6 months now and need to know where I should be and where I can potentially be.   Thanks ...

DTS America/TN Line Counts
Nov 15, 2010

Okay, another end of pay period with not enough work to make line count.  This is just not right.  Is there anybody working for DTS right now, working their scheduled shift and making their line count?   What is happening there? ...

Suspicious About Line Counts
Dec 02, 2010

Is anyone else suspicious about how they are calculating our line counts?  I have been siltting here VERY diligently and typing like crazy these last few days and my counts seem to be going DOWN!!!  I can't imagine how this can be happening.  Anyone else notice the same?  Is there some way to keep track?  But then again, that would take time from typing EVERY SECOND of EVERY HOUR like they want us to, now wouldn't it? ...

Line Counts - What Am I Doing Wrong?
Mar 15, 2011

I have been an MT for over 10 years doing hospital work. I have never been able to do much over 200 lines an hour straight typing except for the rare occasions I get several eye surgeries in a row that are canned. Usually I fall below this. My account is not difficult, but I do have a couple of different hospitals and of course many dictators. I have put a lot of their ROS and PE in my shortcuts, but of course they make a lot of changes sometimes. There are those that take forever to spit i ...