A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

GIS re IKM/Scribe platforms - Carol

Posted: Mar 10, 2013

I have trained on the above platform and now have doubts about the above platforms.  It seems to me it would be very difficult using these 2 platforms.  Going through all the steps that you have to go through just to get 1 report done seems like a very long process.  I have worked on the IKM platform on another job and it didn't seem that bad to me, but I find using these 2 together would make it impossible to produce a good line count.  Is this just my problem or does anyone else have the same opinion I do?  I had been looking for hem/onc and or rad/onc work for so long and when I finally got hired by this company I was really happy...now not so much!  I don't like using Express Scribe either.  Thanks for listening.

I couldn't make any money with them. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I only got 5 cpl and was one of the ones hired with the promises of how much more productive they are and how the 5 cpl will really be closer to 10 cpl.

The platforms were HORRID and slow and too much. I averaged around 3 bucks an hour and I quit.

reply - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
They pay everyone 5 cpl. I can't even figure out how to actually do their work. They say work in Word and then copy and paste into IKM, then you are supposed to go on Scribe and paste the report in there, but have to put in numbering too. Seems like a lot of steps to me.

Thanks for posting your experience.

It wasn't like that when I worked there. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked there it was IKM only with the promise of this wonderful Scribe platform about to be released. I was averaging 3 bucks an hour then and complained. With IKM it was the type in word, and you had to name the files these long names and then name the batch this long specific name and send them via upload to someone who counted your lines. If you missed a letter with the naming, your lines wouldn't be counted and it was "our fault" not the line counter person's fault.

Then, scribe came and files done in scribe could be typed right in there, but IKM still had to be copied and pasted. Scribe was VERY slow and no better, other than the no naming of files.

I am really surprised they still find people to work for them with such low pay.

It's not bad when you get used to it... sm - MTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been there for several months now and I'm making good money. If your docs are in Scribe, you don't have to use IKM except to look at the chart, like if you need to check vitals or a doctor's name. You can type directly in Scribe, but I prefer to type in Word then copy & paste simply because I'm used to Word and have lots of shortcuts already put in. I didn't want to start over adding all my shortcuts in Scribe.

I don't have any problem with Express Scribe. I've used it for years for a general transcription job, so I was already used to that as well. I just keep it open at the bottom of the screen, then keep my Scribe & Word programs up high enough so I can see the time count on Scribe.

When I started, they didn't have Scribe up yet, it was all IKM and it was a pain in the you-know-what, but I waited it out and I'm glad I did. So I hope you'll give it a shot. If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Similar Messages:

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Platforms?
Jun 23, 2010

Could somebody explain to me what a platform is? I am being asked what kind of platforms I am familiar with and I'm not sure what they are looking for here. I have always done my reports in Word or Clarus in Windows XP, received my files via the internet through an FTP or through digital voice through a C-phone, and used only a SmartType word expander as addition software. I know this sounds like such a dumb question, but I am really not sure what I am looking for here. Thanks much! ...

Platforms For MT's
Jan 27, 2012

Having been a transcriptionist for years and having worked on a few different platforms, I feel that the platform itself is our major tool for achieving production. I hate the platform I am on now and feel so frustrated that I used to make more because the platform allowed me to produce.  Would anyone like to share which platforms they thought were great as well as which ones werent?  ...

NSA On All Platforms?
Oct 17, 2012

Just being curious, is the NSA or OOW situation across all platforms, like Enterprise, Escription, or is it just a few?  I'm wondering if they are offshoring all platforms or just certain ones.  ...

Which Platforms Are 88%
Dec 15, 2014

I didn't get an email, but my TSM is off until tomorrow. Can anyone share which platforms are being downgraded to 88%? ...

Platforms
Jun 18, 2015

Just wondering what all plaform Nuance uses and how you all feel about them. ...

Ease Of Use Platforms
Apr 12, 2010

Hi all, I am going to be starting a job with Focus Infomatics soon, and I wanted to know about their platforms.  They said they work with Dictaphone, eScription, and I don't remember the name of the other one.  Anyway, I heard that the platforms are not as user friendly as some others.  Does anyone ha e some input for me? Just a note, my key right beside my c isn't working.  In case you were wondering.  I should probably get that before I start working! ...

What Are Good VR Platforms That Don't...
Jun 10, 2010

Slow the MT down? ...

A Question About Two Different Platforms
Sep 09, 2010

Is it okay to have DocQscribe and Dictaphone Extext downloaded on the same computer with no problems?  ...

Is It Possible To Run 2 Different Platforms On 1 Computer?
Feb 06, 2011

I have 1 desktop computer that I'm using now as an IC for one company.   Is it possible to run another platform for another company on it as well?    I really do NOT want to use my personal laptop for work if I don't have to.  Cause, it's got all my "personal" stuff on there.  ...

Employers' Platforms
May 14, 2011

Has anyone here turned down a job with an MTSO because their platform is crappy? My employer's platform is TERRIBLE!!  You have go through 15 mouse commands (no hot keys!) to perform the simplest function such as signing off a job.  I have never seen more inefficient software in my life!!  Of course, since they own it now they claim it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.... Would love to hear your platform stories!! ...

Transcription Platforms
Jun 29, 2011

My small transcription company is growing fast and our FTP set up we have is not capable of the efficiency we now need with so many clients and MTs added.  I haven't seen many good statements from MTs on this board about any platforms really.  IS THERE A PLATFORM THAT YOU LOVE, because I want to make my loyal and valuablel MTs happy and want to choose a platform that is good for them. ...

Confusion About Platforms?
Mar 04, 2012

This is probably clear as day to most and may belong in the tech forum, but I'm going to try here first.  I notice that Nuance owns eScription. Okay, got that.  In their ads, they are not compatible with satellite nor wireless internet. Okay, got that.  What I do not have is why a completely different company is telling me that eScription is compatible with satellite internet? Just an FYI, this has nothing to do with Nuance. I am not going to work for them and know nothing a ...

Changing Platforms?
Aug 22, 2012

Before totally giving up on this company, I would like to give an E-Scription account a try (currently on Enterprise). Does anyone know who I would contact? TIA. ...

Anyone Know The Platforms Softscript Uses?
Dec 03, 2012

. ...

MModal Platforms
Dec 14, 2012

Could someone please offer an opinion on MModal platforms, i.e., are there many, are they easy to learn, easy to use? Thank you very much in advance. ...

Mmodal Platforms?
Jan 15, 2013

Hi there, I was just wondering which platforms are generally used for Mmodal?  I had typed with them for just a couple of months in the spring, and cannot remember the names of the platform (I want to update my resume).  I typed, but was cross trained on.   If anyone knows that would be great! ...

Landmark Platforms
Jan 24, 2013

What platforms does Landmark have, especially for traditional? I heard they have EditScript.  Does Nuance choose what docs are ready for VR at Landmark? ...

2 Platforms On 1 Computer
Dec 05, 2013

Can anyone tell me if you can have 2 platforms on 1 computer? I currently work in ChartScript, but I am hoping to pick up some part-time work and would be using Emdat. Can I have both of these on one computer? Also, do you know if Instant Text is compatible with Emdat? Thank You very much :-) ...

Best Companies/platforms/pay
Mar 04, 2014

I know this has been asked before, but I wanted something a little more current. I'm doing a survey to get input for the vast number of MTs (including myself) who are looking for work, and are discouraged by the lack of optimism on the boards (albeit not unfounded).  If anyone has anything good to say about their company, platform, pay, or anything else they might find helpful, please respond and let us know what you like about it.  Also, to narrow the search, whether yo ...

Platforms On The Computer, Does Anyone Know?
Nov 11, 2014

My account switch will involve a new platform.  I am worried about my pay during the week of transition.  Does anyone know if the eByndTxt and Escription can exist on the same computer, or am I basically not working aside from training on the new platform? ...

What Platforms Inscribe Uses
Jan 22, 2015

Does anyone know what platforms Inscribe uses. I am considering testing for them, but curious as to whether they use any platforms I am already familiar with. ...

Keystrokes Platforms
Jan 24, 2015

Can anyone comment on Chartnet versus eScription regarding earnings potential, user friendly, etc.? TIA! ...

C-phones Vs. Internet Platforms.
Jun 12, 2010

I think migrating from C-phones to Internet platforms was a mistake. Over the years I have worked on both Lanier and Dictaphone C-phone accounts as well as about eight different Internet platforms.  I'll take a C-phone account any day.  C-phone accounts normally involve using a professional grade word processor like Word or Wordperfect rather than an amateurish proprietary thing that resembles a word processor but often lacks the features of a professional word processor.Addition ...

Question About Platforms With Satellite
Nov 03, 2010

There seem to be a lot of companies that say no dial-up or satellite.  BUT I've heard from other MTs that use the same platform for another company on satellite and it's fine.  Escription is one example.  Can anyone tell me why that might be?  I have only satellite and am very limited on who I can work from. It's way beyond frustrating when I've been refused application on multiple positions on a certain platform 'because it doesn't work with sa ...

Diskriter And AME/M-Modal Platforms
Sep 26, 2011

Anyone with experience working for Diskriter using AME/M-Modal platforms care to share info would be much appreciated.  Thank you. ...

BeyondTXT & ENCORE Platforms
Feb 28, 2012

can anyone tell me the pros/cons of either of these platforms used at Transcend?  ...

What Other Platforms Have You Found That Are As Good Or Even
Nov 30, 2012

better to use than DQS which I really like. ...

MTs Input - Best And Worst Platforms
May 07, 2013

We are exploring new platforms.  We want to know which ones work most effectively for MTs and which ones to avoid.  Thanks for any input. ...

Keystrokes And Mediscribe Platforms
Jun 28, 2013

Does anyone know the platform(s) used by Keystrokes and Mediscribes?  Do they use eScription or other platforms? ...