A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Art Toth - MT

Posted: Mar 10, 2011

Anyone else being harassed by Art Toth?

Why is he harassing you? Because you want the - me

[ In Reply To ..]
money that you earned. I'd tell him to pay you and leave you alone and if he persists file a police report, file a report with the attorney general in his state. Document everything.

Job offers - MT-OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never worked for this slimeball but made the mistake of sending my resume to his company two months ago. He offered to talk to me about a job. After research, I declined to call him-told him I'd accepted another position.

Now, 2 months later, he emailed again with the same spiel. I simply said "No, thank you" and signed my name. I got back-"what?"-yes, I know, very professional. I sent back a second no thank you and was told he would like me to have a little less attitude. Who does this jackass think he is? Some scam artist who isn't scamming this MT! I informed him via email that he should dispose of my email and resume and that any further contact will be considered harrassment.

I was just wondering if anyone else had had issues like this with him.

Curious - who is Art Toth? What is this about? - meme

[ In Reply To ..]

Why mess with him? Just take it to small claims court - or hire an attorney.

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't engage with him via email or phone. Just leave it alone - you just make it worse for yourself and he will say the most vile of things to you. It's not illegal for him to talk to you like that.

If he owes you money and you've already asked him for it and he has not paid it, go get an attorney or file a claim in small claims court.

Just don't engage him. It's useless.

I would tape the phone conversations. They - might come in handy at some point. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Do NOT do this unless... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
You live in a state where you can record both sides of a conversation without permission! Obviously keep any messages left on voice mail.

If you record a phone call purely to "remember" what was said, it's one thing - but you can't use it as proof of anything UNLESS you live in a state that allows recording of conversations without implicit permission.

I dont care, I'd do it anyway. If someone is - making harrassing phone calls, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
then as far as I'm concerned, they've infringed on my right to peace & privacy, so their right to not be recorded is automatically voided, in my book.

The best way not to get recorded?
DON'T CALL.
PS: A recording might not hold water in court, but - but it could be posted on the internet.
[ In Reply To ..]
So crank callers, bullies, and harrassers BEWARE. Your next harrassing phone call could go viral.
lol @ "in my book" - yeah, tell THAT to the judge
[ In Reply To ..]
Good one!
Pay attention! - ME
[ In Reply To ..]
UNLESS you live in a state where this is not against the law YOU could be prosecuted for recording a call without permission.

Keep recorded voice messages all you want because the caller KNOWS they are leaving a recorded message.

Do not tape the conversations. - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
It is against the to tape a conversation without the other person's knowledge (unless you are FBI with a tap warrant). You could be subject to prosecution if you do this. Don't believe me? Ask your attorney.

It's only illegal in some states. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Look up "one party" and "two party" notification. Some states require both parties to be aware of the taping. Some states only require the knowledge of one party. And some states don't allow any taping. Most DO allow some recording. If you want to tape someone, the law applies to both where you reside AND where the person you tape resides.

Have you read the sticky note at top of this page? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

There are no words to describe this guy - - MT4Eight

[ In Reply To ..]
Your best bet would be to ignore him, block his calls and emails. I hope and pray that karma comes around his way one day.

I honestly don't know how they keep finding people to work for them - People please read the sticky note at the top of the page.

And PS - I do think it is illegal to record someone without their knowledge in PA, so I'd be careful with that.

He never paid me......... - Lane

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them for almost a month and the work was so limited so I told them I had to quit and I never got paid.

Similar Messages:

Toth Transcription
May 31, 2012

I was wondering if the lawsuit against this jerk ever produced any results?  I worked for them in 2005 and quit 4 months after I started because I'd been working 60 days straight without being paid.  I told him I wouldn't type another line until I was paid and received several verbally abusive messages, full of expletives, but never received my wages.  They still owe me almost $2000. ...

AP Medical / Toth Transcription
Jan 09, 2013

I worked for this couple for over a month. He has decided not to pay using the excuse that he pays after 2 months, but that is after all his fees. This guy is a total joke. After he said he would not pay me for all the work I have done, I stopped producing. He says I owe him for 2 weeks  worth of work. He is now threatening me that he will come across state lines and make me pay him for work lost and legal fees.  Is he really that ignorant? He is actually funny when he tries to sc ...

Toth Transcription/AP Medical/AP MedWorkshops
Feb 17, 2011

Wow I really wish I had known about this board a year ago!  Yes the big conartist is still at and has just conned me out of a whole lot of money. And now I techniquely have one year of experience, sure he will give me a horrible reference since he is quite simply a bad man, and still cannot find a job. After reading all the other complaints about this man I simply do not understand how they are still in business.  I made multiple phone calls today trying to figure out who to tur ...

Class Action Lawsuit/Toth Transcription/AP Medical/AP MedWorkshops
Feb 18, 2011

Anybody who in interested in filing a class action lawsuit against Toth Transcription/AP Medical/AP MedWorkshops please contact. I have spoken with several different agencies as I am sure most of you have and this seems to be the best route to take.  Frankly, I do not care if I personally ever see a dime out of this man, I just want to see him have to pay for his fraudulent business practices. ...