A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone know anything about Accentus? - dp

Posted: Aug 15, 2012

nm

Did you look in the archives? I've seen them mentioned - me either

[ In Reply To ..]
several times lately.

Acute care or clinic? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

accentus acute - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
read thread at bottom of this page.

Yes. I worked there and it is the absolute - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
WORST company to work for. Awful platform, horrid dictators!

Keep looking - halo

[ In Reply To ..]
Do yourself a favor and keep looking. Awful platform...no communication whatsoever...the most annoying scheduling software to request a day off. I could go on and on. Only work here if you have other income and this is supplemental.

has it always been this way? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
When they were Transolutions I remember lots of good posts about them.

Did they change that drastically?

Wow - I work on the clinic side and I don't - MT4Eight

[ In Reply To ..]
really think it's that bad. I mean the pay is a little low, but nowadays we have to pick our poisons in this profession. There's steady work, it's straight typing and you get your own dictators. Now I'm getting concerned over all these negative posts I'm reading. Is it really that different from the acute care side to the clinic side? My only fear of working for the clinic side is the dreaded EMR - I think in the back of my mind that this part of the business won't last long. I hope that's not the case.

Yeah, it's different. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You say you have your own dictators, well, when I was an employee of a hospital, I had every single dictator (except Rad and Path) at that hospital to type for, which at this hospital that was about 800 dictators. When we got outsourced to MedQuist, I all of the sudden had reports coming to me from a pool of thousands of dictators from random hospitals all over the country, each (hospital and dictator) with it's/his/her own set of specifications which had to be reviewed (unpaid time) before I could even begin the report.

What does this have to do - with Accentus?

[ In Reply To ..]
It just seems like you want sympathy - which I can potentially understand, but that would belong on a different company's board or elsewhere... Not on a post specifically about Accentus (which yours has NOTHING to do with)....
I 1000% agree. The thread is about accentus. - I believe there is a board for the company you are
[ In Reply To ..]
X
meant to say there is a forum for the company you are talking about.. - sorry about that.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Learn from your own experience. Everyone is different. - Dont panic over everything you read here.

[ In Reply To ..]

Current - Disappointed

[ In Reply To ..]
I am currently there and am not that much impressed. Paperwork mess ups on their part affecting ability to work, scheduling software is just the most ridiculous thing, and as much timekeeping and line count keeping and you have to to this and do that, I think is just soooo cumbersome. It took me 5 minutes to figure out who to send copies to and about 2 minutes to type the report, so that is unproductive time, which counts against my "productive time" on and on and on, If I did not need the money so bad, I would be gone before my probation is up

accentus acute - some positives, but also agree with the negatives posted - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, I HATED the scheduling software and timekeeping duties at first. I have been there close to a year now and I have gotten used to that and it is no big deal now, but still DOES take time.

Some of the account specifics and selecting visits and work types are really ridiculous, but this depends on the account you get, others aren't as bad.

Communication is slow and problematic, although my QRS (like a team leader) is pretty good at getting back to me, and again this will vary depending on who you get.

Apex is cumbersome, but you can get used to it and work around it.

Now, the positives to try to give some balance, the pay per line is better than most other places. The health insurance is much better and more affordable (at least for 1 person, I know the rates jump when it goes to family). The head of human resources is great and responds quickly to any questions you may have. They also offer yearly loyalty bonuses ($100 the first year, $200 the 2nd, etc.) If you are full time, they offer a very good educational amount you can spend per year. They reimburse part of your DSL or cable.

So, you need to decide what is the breaking point and what you can't handle, and is it worth all of the negatives.

New acute care acct I was hired for has been gone for 2 days. - What in the world is going on?

[ In Reply To ..]
No word on what's going on. Every time something happens, it's "unusual." We have no idea when we can work again. I asked for a backup account, no reply. I really regret this move. Has anyone else's account just disappeared? I'm wondering of Accentus flunked their trial period for this hospital...

Was that the Canada account with huge backlog? - Ex-Accentus

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't make it through that one because it was taking longer to find all the CC's than to transcribe the few lines per report, but I did transfer to another one and experienced a lot of out of work periods. Everyone acted like I was crazy and they couldn't possibly be out of work on it. The scheduler really got snippy when I asked about it.

I resigned, and I'm thinking I dodged a bullet there.

Same here...Canadian Account - ME2

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired for the Canadian account with the HUGE backlog. The CCs sucked as did the platform and the dictators. They also told me when I hired that the account would be hardly any VR. So, as I'm hating every second of it right out of training, finally got feedback from QA after about day 7 that said I really need to work on my VR reports because that is where this account was going. No feedback, no reports to review, no communication - I sent my supervisor a resignation email and said this is not what I signed up for. It was a miserable experience. Just glad I didnt give up my old job to try them out!!

I'm sure it's there - Urnotgivenit

[ In Reply To ..]
They have their favorites and will send the work directly to them. When I first started with On-Time there would be days and days I had no work at all. After about a year I was bombarded with work. New QA's came in and it went back to their favorites. Accentus is continuing to let QA's at On-Time handle many accounts so if you're not in good with them your income will greatly start to lower.

Accentus - clinical side - sadie

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Accentus' clinical (US based) side. The clinical side was Zylomed before being purchased by Accentus not too terribly long ago. I have had no problems working there. I've been with the company going on 5 years. The dictators range from poor to perfect, which is probably the same at most companies. The pay is on time and accurate to best of my knowledge - we don't have to count lines or send in invoices (I'm IC). They offer both IC and employee positions (work as IC first, then can go employee if one so chooses). The team leads I've worked for are very easy to work for. The clinic side uses the Emdat platform - some like it, some don't - I have no issue with it.

I can't speak at all for the acute care side, though, but hope this helps.

Accentus offshores - Here2tellya

[ In Reply To ..]
They recently purchased On-Time Transcription and now are letting everyone know they offshore work. People are sitting around without any work because of this. The claim to have 1800 employees; one less as of today. They also own Zylomed.

Glad I recently quit On-Time Transcription - glad-I-left

[ In Reply To ..]
Does this mean they will get a different platform? I would not go back there, but since OTT recently went to editing, well that is the biggest reason I left. I feel bad for all the other transcriptionists that are there and/or in a editing role now. My income dropped 50%. As a single mom, I can't live on this! Prior to this happening, I had already decided to go back to school and the change in income solidified my reasoning to do so.

Hopefully Accentus is straight typing. Not for me obviously, but for the other transcriptionists left.

I quit On-Time also - Wonderful

[ In Reply To ..]
After Ann passed away and Melinda left the company was never the same. And now this.......I'm so glad I left. Nine years with them and I've not missed it one bit.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Know About Accentus?
Mar 01, 2012

Does anyone know about Accentus? Just want input before applying. Thanks. ...

7 Cpl VR, Accentus
Apr 13, 2012

Accentus says in one of its ads that they pay up to 7 cpl for VR.  Anyone out there working for Accentus that actually makes that? ...

LPH At Accentus
May 04, 2012

Hi.  I haven't been working for Accentus very long, but long enough that I should be meeting the 200 lph requirement for SR, but I'm still really struggling to do it.  I was wondering if anyone else had that experience or if maybe I am entering my time incorrectly or something.  I consistently average 165 lph for straight transcription so I feel like 200 is something I shouldn't be struggling so hard to meet, but I am.  I love Accentus so far so I don't wa ...

Accentus?
Aug 17, 2012

Has anyone heard of this company? ...

Accentus VS NTS
Sep 18, 2012

I just received a job offer from accentus as well as from NTS.  This will be my first position as an MT since graduation.  Any advice on what job offer I should take?  ...

Accentus W2
Jan 26, 2013

Has anyone received their W2 from Accentus yet?  Thanks  ...

Accentus Anyone ?
Mar 19, 2013

Anyone for for Accentus?  Opinions please. Thanks! ...

Accentus Platform?
Oct 15, 2011

I would like to ask anyone who works there currently about their platform and if it is user-friendly and production-friendly.  Thank you. ...

Does Anyone Have Information About Accentus?
Oct 18, 2011

I received an email that they saw my resume on this board and want me to apply.  I've never heard of them so I'd appreciate any info, good, bad or otherwise.  Thanks. ...

Transcend Or Accentus? Sm
Oct 20, 2011

I'm considering going with one of these companies and wondering how they compare.  Would appreciate any information from any current/former employees of either company.  Thank you! ...

My Apologies To DSG And Accentus. I Am Going To
Dec 28, 2011

ask the moderator(s) to remove all my hateful messages.  Forgive me.  I was very hungry and very stressed.  Things have improved dramatically.  Thank you all! ...

How They Like Working For Accentus
Jan 11, 2012

Can someone tell me how they like working for Accentus.  Are you able to make a living wage, not just minimum wage? ...

Accentus APEX
Jan 17, 2012

Anybody know how Accentus APEX compares to Escription platform?  What are Accentus line count requirements? ...

Accentus Good Or Bad?
Jan 25, 2012

Does anyone have anything to share about this company, good or bad?  Any information would be appreciated.  TIA.   ...

Accentus - FL - Let Go Today :(
Feb 03, 2012

Feeling down and out today, was removed from an account.  My 4 weeks on QA was up, did my best, but seems like they want 100% no errors.  Anyone else feel my pain?? Its a blow to my confidence, been doing MT for 10 years, I have another job test to take, so hopefully will get another job soon. ...

I May Take A Job With Accentus. Looking For Input.
Mar 11, 2012

I would be doing cliniic work because I want the flexible 12-hour schedule to fit around a part time job working directly for a small hospital.   I may end up being bored, but I want to give it a try.  How is the clinic work and how is the Apex system?  I have previously worked on DocQspeech and Escription.  I really want no more than two accounts and to be mostly just left alone unless I screw something up.  Is this possible with Accentus? ...

ACCENTUS/TRANSOLUTIONS
Mar 20, 2012

Medical Transcription just keeps going downhill.  They expect more and pay less.  I work for Accentus now and actually love my account and got my pay up to 5 cents for SR and 9 cents for transcription, but I have to work 10 hours a day just to make ends meet.  They pay based on how many lines you type per hour so it can change every pay period.  It's better than what I had at Transcend.  The only thing is that my supervisor is a narcissist, very mean, tears you down ...

Nuance Or Accentus?
Mar 22, 2012

I was offered a job at both places.  From what I've read on here, neither one sounds particularly great.  So....which one would you work at and why? ...

Accentus Or Acusis
Apr 03, 2012

Does anyone work for either of these companies?  I've been thinking about applying to them but I don't know much about them.  They sound good on their websites.  Thanks. ...

Accentus Question
Apr 05, 2012

Hi everyone.  I just applied today with Accentus.  Does anyone know approximately how long it takes them to respond if they want to interview you ??  The web site said someone would call if I met their criteria.    Thanks everyone ! ...

Any Info On Accentus?
Apr 13, 2012

Any information on Accentus and their "Apex" software?  ...

I'm Starting To Think I Should Go With Accentus.
Apr 19, 2012

I see they pay 7-10 for ST and 4-6 for editing.  Better than what Nuance pays.  Anyone currently working there?  ...

Amphion Or Accentus
Apr 24, 2012

Looking at these 2 companies closely and wanting to make a change very soon.    I've always heard great things about Amphion, and applied with them once but didn't accept the offer because the pay was a bit lower.  I  haven't heard much on them lateley so if anyone works for them currently I'd love to hear about it. Also curious about Accentus.  Their add claims to start VR at 0.055.  Has anyone recently received an offer from them, or curr ...

Accentus Testing
Apr 26, 2012

I am wondering if Accentus uses the MTtest for their testing requirements.  I am leary of taking a test with that platform, as I don't believe it is quite "honest."  So before I "sign in" to try with Accentus, I would like to know ahead of time so I am not wasting my valuable time.  any enlightenment would help.  tia ...

Keystrokes Or Accentus
May 01, 2012

Got an offer from Accentus and Keystrokes.  Which would go with and why?  Thanks! ...

Tested For Accentus
May 09, 2012

Hey guys, I just got done testing with Accentus and I've been searching the archives on here for some info that I am not able to find.  Do they provide you a computer or do you use your own?  Thanks in advance for any and all responses. ...

Accentus - What's The Catch?
May 15, 2012

ad says they are paying 7.15 CPL for SR Editing and 11.18 CPL for Transcription.  Must be a catch.  What is it? ...

Accentus Accounts
May 23, 2012

How are the straight typing accounts at Accentus - specifically those in Chicago.  Accentus in general?  Line counts - are they easy to make? ...

Accentus Or Nuance?
Jun 14, 2012

Applied at both.  Do they both pay 4 cpl for editing?  ...

Nuance Or Accentus? Which Would You Rather?
Jun 25, 2012

I'm at one and hate it, looking to accept position at the other. ...