Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I totally get it....and I'm sorry you are dealing with this. - Defeated and drained

Posted: Aug 10th, 2017 - 6:22 pm In Reply to: I love it when people say to "move on". - Old MT

I feel for you. If something catastrophic happened to my husband right now (God forbid), I would be totally on the street (not kidding). I am not old enough for Social Security and I don't make a living wage. I am only working for the insurance, which is a joke, because I'm (we're) having to pay my company right now for our insurance because I'm not making enough....how sad is that?

This is truly not what I thought "almost retirement" would look like. I was sobbing this afternoon because, here I am at 61, thinking with all my experience and knowledge that I would be making a lot more than minimum wage at this point. It is completely degrading and humiliating. I cannot even confide in my friends what I'm making because I'm so embarrassed. And, like you Old MT, I am sending out resumes every single day, but I feel it's a lost cause at this point because all the jobs I'm applying for, so are hundreds of others at this point because we are all in the same ugly boat.

I sure wish I would have seen this coming about 5-7 years ago when it all seemed to start circling the drain. I kept telling myself that VR would NEVER work because of all the ESLs and companies would be begging us to come back and straight type everything because VR was a piece of crap program. Boy, was I wrong. VR is still a piece of crap, but it's all we have now at a criminally reduced rate of pay. Like I said the other night, most of us are in our 50s and 60s and we are stuck and these companies KNOW IT.

Old MT, I know I have the blessing of a husband right now and I'm so sorry that you are struggling. I really feel for you and will be praying that something comes along for you. I know I haven't helped your cause, but I want you to know I do understand somewhat of what you're going through. Take care, my friend.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)