Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Move on - Hard to do

Posted: Aug 10th, 2017 - 6:12 pm In Reply to: I love it when people say to "move on". - Old MT

I have read those posts as well and I know it is hard for a lot of MTs to do that, whether it is to find an outside job or another MT job. If you are an employee, the only thing out there is IC work and that blows. I hate it. I had to find an outside job, just so I could have taxes taken out, but I am in a rather big city and there are lots of jobs here. I work PT outside of the home and PT doing transcription and there are days I can hardly stand it. I have been through so many companies, sent out a 1000 resumes, and like you, no reply, jumped through a bunch of hoops, only to be told afterwards, I can't use Windows 10 or because I live in the wrong state they can't hire me. Of course, they told me this after I did all the testing, etc. Why don't they post that in the ads or website. WHY, because they don't care. We are cheap labor anymore, and there a ton of us. Especially the ones who at retirement age or are a caregiver, etc.

Don't get discouraged by the posts here. It is a smattering of everything and people want to vent or if they have moved on, are trying tell others it can be done.

All you can do, is try your best and hang in there. Keep looking, perhaps something will pop up one day for you and in the meantime, make due with what you have.

Don't let the world win even if you feel it is. I think even with a better job, people feel that way the way things are going in this country, especially with medicine.

PS: Drink more wine! :o) Works for me! LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)