Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: SoftScript.. (Views: 47)

Yes it is a shame - More insight

Posted: Feb 16th, 2017 - 8:46 am In Reply to: And they can't do ours - MT

It is terrible what has happened to medical transcription. Actually, some nurses can do our job. I've worked with people who left nursing for MT and were great. I've also worked with MTs who left and went to nursing school, so we can't generalize about that. One thing nurses have in their favor is that they have union representation and there is no comparison between what they do and what we do, a couple of hospital stays for orthopedic surgeries convinced me of that. I would make a terrible nurse. I love MT and would still be doing it but I had to face the reality that I would not make any money and I have no secondary income. I'm not crazy about my HIM job and just hanging in there until I can retire in a couple of years. I've never given much thought to how much doctors, nurses and managers are paid, that is comparing apples and oranges, a lot of people make more money than I do and couldn't do my job, in a perfect world we'd all be paid the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)