And they can't do ours - MT Posted: Feb 12th, 2017 - 11:39 pm In Reply to: Thanks for the insight - Not true for me
That's the kicker. Nurses' salaries have increased and no, they can't do our jobs either. I worked as an IC for years and had 2 nurses come to work for me as MTs. Both of them thought they could do the job with little or no training, and both of them were wrong. Being a good nurse does not make you a good MT, just as the reverse is true also.
So the nurses can't do our work but their salaries have gone up, as have the doctors'. People say they get paid the big bucks because they can't make mistakes. And we, at certain major MTSOs, are held to quality standards as high as 99.6%. In other words, we can't make mistakes. Where is the pay?
And even the ILPs who have received the off-shoring of so much of our work can't do our jobs without layers of US MTs to QA.
It is the craziest thing. Ten years ago who would have thought it was even possible? I agree with the OP.
Whether you have stayed in MT or not, what has happened to our field makes no sense. So much skill, so little pay, and for no good reason. It really is a crime.
Post A Reply Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Been in the MT field a long, long time - FlowerPower (Views: 599, 2017-02-11, 9:22 am)
- Long time MT - Me2 (Views: 430, 2017-02-11, 9:50 am)
- Sorry - Not true for me (Views: 412, 2017-02-11, 10:49 am)
- Not for me - No problems here (Views: 260, 2017-02-12, 3:53 pm)
- Not true for me - It was your choice to stay (Views: 307, 2017-02-11, 9:51 am)