Yes, we can blame the pusillanimous MTSOs who cave - to pressure from clients. Posted: Feb 12th, 2017 - 9:51 am In Reply to: You nailed it. The vast majority of MTs now earn - far less while others make far more.
They accept the bullcrap that SR companies put out, that people can edit twice as many SR lines as they transcribe (only true if you're a VERY slow typist). On the straight line count, they cave to the pressure of clients fearing that they'll lose contracts if they don't compete strictly on the basis of price.
In short, this is the least business-like run industry in the entire universe. The clients know it, and they take full advantage of it. Well, they've run a lot of people out of the business and most of the crap that I see coming from offshore isn't worth a cent per line, but they don't care.
Post A Reply Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Been in the MT field a long, long time - FlowerPower (Views: 599, 2017-02-11, 9:22 am)
- Long time MT - Me2 (Views: 430, 2017-02-11, 9:50 am)
- Sorry - Not true for me (Views: 412, 2017-02-11, 10:49 am)
- Not for me - No problems here (Views: 260, 2017-02-12, 3:53 pm)
- Not true for me - It was your choice to stay (Views: 307, 2017-02-11, 9:51 am)