Well said. - and Posted: Feb 11th, 2017 - 1:10 pm In Reply to: I am obviously missing something - Not true for me
true of many career fields that died a lingering death while their practitioners clung to them with the irrational expectation that the tide of progress or technology or history would shift backwards and allow them to keep doing what they had always done and not have to change anything.
Just because we like the way something is now does not imply a guarantee that it will always stay the way we want it. The world changes. Unless you are powerful enough and wealthy enough to create a fantasy world for yourself that never changes, you're going to have to roll with the tide and change yourself to fit reality. Reality is just going to keep moving right along without regard to what MTs want to happen.
People throughout history have had to reinvent themselves because the work or culture or even the physical environment they knew had simply ceased to exist. Whining about it, looking for a scapegoat, demanding "justice" might feel good, but none of it changes reality. The people who are willing to face reality and move on to something viable in reality as it exists in the present survive and thrive.
Post A Reply Reply By Email Options
Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
- Been in the MT field a long, long time - FlowerPower (Views: 634, 2017-02-11, 9:22 am)
- Long time MT - Me2 (Views: 471, 2017-02-11, 9:50 am)
- Sorry - Not true for me (Views: 441, 2017-02-11, 10:49 am)
- Not for me - No problems here (Views: 291, 2017-02-12, 3:53 pm)
- Not true for me - It was your choice to stay (Views: 334, 2017-02-11, 9:51 am)