Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

(This was meant in response to the OP) Good points - MT

Posted: Feb 11th, 2017 - 11:58 am In Reply to: I did not lose 100% of my income - Not true for me

I actually make HALF of what I made at my first MT job, working in-house at a major teaching hospital in Boston in the 1990s.

I agree with the poster who said the problem is when these greedy offshore companies saw the money to be made. We were paid WELL because of our expertise. I remember the doctors coming down to our offices to say thank you, buying us gifts, and trusting us to correct their errors. These despicable companies, however, wanted a piece of the pie. And to make it worse, they did in a way that destroyed the industry since they have no clue. Look at all the stupid changes they've made - fixed schedules for a workflow that ebb and flows, layers and layers of QA because they've tied our hands where we have to blank and question everything and can no longer use our decades of knowledge and common sense, and more and more time-consuming steps and software platforms that are clunky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)