A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l "sail of trees" sm - I love ops

Posted: Aug 09, 2012

Wow...I'm stumped on this one. Laparoscopic appendectomy.  s/l: We located the "sail of trees" .  Even tried "Treitz", but no references that sound like "sail" or "sale".  Nor is dictator saying "fold of Treves".  Definitely sounds like "sail or sale or possibly veil". 

Any help appreciated.

"base of cecum" ?? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

"veil of Treves" sm - I love ops

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your response. I finally found it. "veil of Treves".

Thank you for posting what it was! I've not heard that term used yet. :-) - (no message)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

sail of trees - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The ileocecal fold or ileocaecal fold is an anatomical structure in the human abdomen. It is formed by a layer of peritoneum. The upper border is fixed to the ileum, opposite its mesenteric attachment, while the lower border passes over the ileocecal junction to join the mesenteriole of the vermiform process, and sometimes the process itself. Behind the fold is the inferior ileocecal fossa. The structure is also called the ligament, veil, or bloodless fold of Treves after English surgeon Sir Frederick Treves.

Similar Messages:

Sail Of Ileum?
Jun 12, 2012

Doc doing a laparoscopic hemicolectomy and says "At this point we started by identifying the s/l sail of the terminal ileum and the cecum.  We then followed this all the way up to the hepatic flexure.  We grasped the cecum and retracted this anteriorly. ...

Ligament Of S/l "Trees" See Msg. Please.
Jan 30, 2012

I used interrupted 3-0 silks in Lembert fashion to secure these points and also noticed this as well as in the distal ascending colon that was secured in the same way. I went ahead and ran a small bowel from the ligament of Treitz to the ligament of s/l "Trees." There was some bruising located in the mid jejunum, but no signs of necrosis.  PROCEDURE:  1. Diagnostic laparoscopy, converted to exploratory laparotomy.  2. Repair of small bowel enterotomy.  3. ...