A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l kifus of spinous processes ? - neurosurgical MT

Posted: Jan 07, 2011

local anesthesia was infused "over the kiphus of the L2 spinous process"

and later

"distraction straightened the kiphus somewhat from L1 through L3"

Surgery is ORIF for a burst fracture of L2 with pedicle screw/rod fixation.

kyphus? 

TTA!

kyphosis - ...

[ In Reply To ..]

very clearly says 2 syllables, "ki-fus" - ns MT

[ In Reply To ..]
and contextually appears to be talking about something anatomic ?

Kyphosis: Outward curvature of the spine causing a humped back. - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
It'd take all the fingers and toes of my entire city to count the times I've heard dictators mispronounce common terms.

I believe what you're wanting is "kyphosis," but the ultimate decision is up to you.

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=4126

kyphos - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]

Figure 1. The spine is in kyphos from L2 and above, and axial loads therefore tend to be combined with significant compression of the anterior elements, leading to more kyphosis. L3 and below are in lordosis, and even if the spine is flexed slightly, the axial compression forces produce uniform compression of the vertebral body or even put them into slight lordosis, rather than into kyphosis.

http://journals.lww.com/spinejournal/Abstract/1999/10150/Functional_Outcome_of_Low_Lumbar_Burst_Fractures__.16.aspx

Similar Messages:

Bogus QA Processes
Feb 26, 2010

A little lesson here in statistics, probability and sampling that might surprise you, so stick with me like a mustard plaster. First, a couple of definitions: "Population" = all the things you want to measure, but can't measure directly, usually for practical reasons. The "population" of an MT's work in a month would consist of ALL the reports she transcribed. "Sample" = some subset of the population that you CAN measure in order to make a statistical inference about the popul ...

Review Of Systems - No Pain To Fist Palpation Over The _____ _____ Or Spinous Process
Jan 08, 2013

BACK: No pain to fist palpation over the _____ _____ or spinous process On this one it sounds like he is saying "costal fistulae"??? Any thoughts? ...

Metastatic Disease Versus "__ And Fondrate" Processes. Sm
Dec 08, 2010

Chest x-ray demonstrated multiple bilateral pulmonary opacities consistent with metastatic disease versus " __ and fondrate" processes.   ...