A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

perineal or peroneal - help mt

Posted: Dec 16, 2009

Sensation shows a little right lateral calf tingling (history of perinoplasty), which could be perineal or L5.  

do I have this right?  Perineal versus peroneal.  I assume it is right because I could not find a peroneoplasty procedure anywhere.

wasn't sure perineal would have to do with calf tingling??

thanks

peroneal - steph

[ In Reply To ..]
Peroneal is the correct one

that's what I thought but.... - help mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot find peroneoplasty anywhere.

see message - steph

[ In Reply To ..]
Agree with txczech . . . possibly checking for calf DVT after surgery. It's perineoplasty but the peroneal vein/tendon is in the leg so it has to be peroneal.
ok, thanks all - help mt
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Think of perOneal as ortho -- leg/calf etc. sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
Could they be saying peroneal palsy?

no, definetely saying "plasty" - help mt

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Then might be the perinoplasty, checking for DVT after surgical procedure? - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
Might be looking for post op complications etc. peroneal nerve and L5 nerve root irritation etc.

perineal refers to the perineum..nm - vrvr

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

Peroneal Tendinopathy...
Sep 01, 2010

"Small effusion in the carpals in evidence of s/l peroneal tendinopathy."  I'm sure she's saying something else and I just can't find the right word.  She is definitely saying carpals...is there another type of tendinopathy associated with the carpals that sounds like peroneal? ...

Peroneal Nerve Sgy: S/l Poutic's Out
Apr 26, 2011

Doc is saying that s/l "poutic's out was identified just distal to the fibular head."    Wha???? Found something calling the peroneal nerve the "pout" but am stuck. ...

Perineal Exam--heading In PE
Feb 18, 2010

I have a couple of doctors who dictate without giving headings--I'm supposed to add these.  What heading would I put "perineal exam" under in this report? He dictates it after the abdominal exam, but would that be the appropriate section to put this under?  I thought of pelvic, but it really isn't a pelvic (female patient). ...

Lacrimal Dilators For Perineal Lesion Excision?
Feb 09, 2013

I am doing a report for a doctor and surgery that I don't normally do.  The surgery is for excision of a perineal lesion and fistulous tract.  She says she uses lacrimal dilators.  It s/l lacrimal anyway but I can't seem to confirm that this is correct.   Using lacrimal dilators the wound tract was explored and found to approximately 4 cm in its greatest length but non-communicating with perianal glands or rectum.  There was a blind ended sac.  With the l ...

Transverse Vaginal Septum Resection Perineal ?
Feb 28, 2013

Can anyone help me with this word? The procedure says: "Transverse vaginal septum resection perineal ___." s/l roth-e-um Maybe she could be saying perineum ___? Thanks. ...

Left "perineal" Craniotomy And Excisional Biopsy Of Suprasellar Tumor.
Oct 04, 2013

As dictated:  Left "perineal" craniotomy and excisional biopsy of suprasellar tumor. On separate operative report, it is listed as transnasal, transclival resection of retroclival mass. Should it be parietal craniotomy or is "perineal" right?  ...

S/l "perineal Brevis Amonus Tendon"
Apr 08, 2010

doing MRI of the hind foot.  s/l doc is saying perineal brevis amonus tendon.  i know the perineal brevis is right but not sure what he is saying after brevis ...

Peroneal Brevis Or Peroneus Brevis
Mar 20, 2010

The patient presents today for a followup on the ___ brevis tendon tear. tia   **The doctors says peroneal but I believe it should be peroneus brevis tear. ...