A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transverse vaginal septum resection perineal ? - dn

Posted: Feb 28, 2013

Can anyone help me with this word? The procedure says: "Transverse vaginal septum resection perineal ___." s/l roth-e-um Maybe she could be saying perineum ___? Thanks.

Do you hear peritoneum? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes more sense as the title of a procedure than a sloppy pronunciation of perineal "erythema" (er-ROTH-E-muh)...the only other phonetic possibility I can think of. You should be able to find a few clues further down in the details of the procedure.

It is raphe - dn

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Perineal Or Peroneal
Dec 16, 2009

Sensation shows a little right lateral calf tingling (history of perinoplasty), which could be perineal or L5.     do I have this right?  Perineal versus peroneal.  I assume it is right because I could not find a peroneoplasty procedure anywhere.   wasn't sure perineal would have to do with calf tingling??   thanks ...

Transverse Vs. Traverse
Jan 22, 2010

ESL, of course.  Here's what he's doing: 1.  Right lower extremity selective angiogram via left common femoral artery access.2.  Attempted " transversion or traversion " of the right peroneal and the right anterior tibial artery occlusion.3.  Left common femoral artery StarClose deployment. Is he transversing the artery or traversing the artery?  TIA! ...

Transverse Vs Traverse
Jan 22, 2010

Trying to decide between transverse and traverse in this sentence. The brachial plexus was explored through a ______ supraclavicular incision in the standard manner. ...

Perineal Exam--heading In PE
Feb 18, 2010

I have a couple of doctors who dictate without giving headings--I'm supposed to add these.  What heading would I put "perineal exam" under in this report? He dictates it after the abdominal exam, but would that be the appropriate section to put this under?  I thought of pelvic, but it really isn't a pelvic (female patient). ...

Lacrimal Dilators For Perineal Lesion Excision?
Feb 09, 2013

I am doing a report for a doctor and surgery that I don't normally do.  The surgery is for excision of a perineal lesion and fistulous tract.  She says she uses lacrimal dilators.  It s/l lacrimal anyway but I can't seem to confirm that this is correct.   Using lacrimal dilators the wound tract was explored and found to approximately 4 cm in its greatest length but non-communicating with perianal glands or rectum.  There was a blind ended sac.  With the l ...

"the Tricuspid Valve Annulus Attaches To The Septum S/L "lore" - NM
Mar 27, 2012

No Message ...

Vaginal Dor????
Mar 31, 2012

Past medical history:  Vaginal door vez.  Beats me that is the best I can come up with. ...

GI: Similarly To The Previously Identified S/l Spot Formula Area On The Transverse Colon, They Proce
Oct 12, 2009

GI.  ...

Colonoscopy Showing Active Colitis Along With A Transverse Descending Sigmoid And Rectum Biopsies Of
Oct 22, 2011

nm ...

Vaginal Exam
Jan 07, 2010

On a vaginal exam, is it common to refer to an area as a "kissing area"? It sounds like I am hearing " She has 2 kissing areas that are both erythematous and very raw and inflamed. " Just wanting to double check. thanks for any help. ...

D&C Vaginal Speculum
Jun 07, 2010

I'm fairly new to Ops and I'm doing a D&C.  The dictator states "After placing a s/l *heavy* vaginal speculum.... Is this what she could be saying or should I be looking for a brand name here (i.e. Hegar dilator)?  I've listened several times but I keep hearing *heavy*.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Vaginal Hysterectomy
Nov 15, 2013

A *hemifixation* stitch was used repeatedly after ligaments were clamped and cut.  I cannot verify.  Thanks! ...

S/l Dartoville Resection
Nov 07, 2009

Doing thorascopic procedure and doc states the lung tumor is adherent to the apex of hte chest and would require a what s/l dartoville type procedure.  I haven't been able to find anything close to this.  Has anyone ever heard of a procedure that sounds like this? Thank you! ...

Cervicopexy??? Vaginal Procedure
Feb 14, 2012

x ...

Van Muller Vaginal Dilator
May 26, 2012

I know I have heard this before!! ...

S/l Ostragroma Resection Ortho
Jul 21, 2011

ligament reconstruction, peroneal tendon reconstruction, (S/L ostragroma) resectionand ankle scope and debridement. The patient's wounds were checked today and looked to be in good condition. ...

Drug S/l Lax-eze Pt Had Stomach Resection. Tia
Apr 09, 2012

x ...

Colon Resection Word
Jun 21, 2013

Dictated:  "... at which time I performed a colon resection for perforated rectum secondary to a s/l SIR-kir-uhl ulcer." He says it very clearly - not circular, not sacral - but he might be mispronouncing it.     Any help appreciated, thanks!   ...

Male Patient With Vaginal Flora?
Jun 02, 2010

Male patient with hematuria, with enterococcus and vaginal flora.  Does this make sense? ...

S/l Funicies Of The Vaginal Vault Are Without Lesions.
Dec 05, 2010

GU exam s/l funicies ...

Brain Surgery For Tumor Resection
Jun 09, 2014

I am typing a surgery for brain tumor resection using Stealth navigation system, looking for a word that sounds like "Luken's trap." I cannot verify this.  ...

Can Someone Plz Tell Me How To Write This? Vaginal Discharge Wet Prep DNA Obtained TIA
Mar 28, 2011

"Vaginal discharge wet prep DNA obtained"....I am not used to GYN stuff, so please help if you can....TIA! ...

Knee Surgery S/l 'placa Resection"
Sep 18, 2012

Patient is undergoing surgery for a possible medial meniscus tear.  Doc says the surgery is "placa" resection. Help??? ...

Submucous Resection Of Inferior Turbinates - Does This Sound Right?
Nov 15, 2012

Does the word humming seem right in the first sentence?  I thought maybe there is a specific name for the type of handpiece or wand but I can't seem to find that.  These are his exact words. "Anterior stab incisions were created for submucosal resection with Coblation handpiece humming 45 degree reflex wand.  Settings of 4 and 2 were used.  Three separate submucous tunnels were created anterior to posteriorly with the Coblation foot pedal activated for 12 seconds." &nb ...

The Vaginal S/l Fluter Was Insufflated After Attaching The RUMI Device. Sm
Aug 03, 2013

The procedure is a robotically assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy.  ...

Oncology Patient Is Status Post A (s/l Talo) Pancreas Resection
Aug 15, 2010

My GP is wandering into new fields on me.... The patient is status post a (s/l talo) pancreas resection for cancer on 06/29/2010. Not sure if this should be Talar Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.   ...

Left "perineal" Craniotomy And Excisional Biopsy Of Suprasellar Tumor.
Oct 04, 2013

As dictated:  Left "perineal" craniotomy and excisional biopsy of suprasellar tumor. On separate operative report, it is listed as transnasal, transclival resection of retroclival mass. Should it be parietal craniotomy or is "perineal" right?  ...

S/l "perineal Brevis Amonus Tendon"
Apr 08, 2010

doing MRI of the hind foot.  s/l doc is saying perineal brevis amonus tendon.  i know the perineal brevis is right but not sure what he is saying after brevis ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

S/l C1-2 Transverse "alino" Ligament Disruption - Sm
Dec 05, 2012

Cannot verify the word in quotes; he used it in pre and postop diagnoses and in the body of the report; however, I looked at the consult and this word is not used at all.  Any help would be appreciated! ...