A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ophthalmic - bluemountainbride

Posted: Apr 05, 2011

"sclerotomies were made at 2.5 mm posterior to the limbus at approximately 10 o’clock and approximately 2 o’clock" Is this the proper way to transcribe when the doc is referring to the place on the eye?

ophthalmic - Medtyper

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes it is, as they are stating a clock position and not time.

2-o'clock is correct - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
The number with a hyphen is correct for a place. It would not be transcribed as 2:00 which is an expression of time.

opthalmic - bluemountainbride

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks so much for your quick responses :-)

Similar Messages:

Ophthalmic Surgery Question
Aug 26, 2010

Has anywone heard of UNGV as in this sentence?  UNGV was injected into the capsular bag to inflate it and also to fill up the anterior chamber.  I can't find it anywhere. ...

Ophthalmic Trephine - S/l Hespar Bearing
Feb 20, 2012

I cannot find anyting remotely related to this word on Google and I don't have a current surgical equipment book for ophthalmology. This is on a corneal graft replacement. It was decided to use an 8.25-mm [s/l hespar] bearing trephine to trephinate the host cornea and then oversize the donor cornea by 0.5 and use an 8.75-mm bearing trephine ...

Doby's (?) Solution In Ophthalmic Surgery
Oct 23, 2014

Anyone ever hear of s/l Doby's solution for ophthalmic surgery? ...

Ophthalmic Surgery: Has Anyone Heard Of A Benson Stimulator?
Sep 02, 2010

Sentence is:  A Benson stimulator was then used to initiate a curvilinear capsulorrhexis, which was completed in a 360-degree manner with Utrata forceps. ...

Pt With Macular Degeneration. Drug S/l "cell Preed" Ophthalmic Solution Drops Daily.
Nov 11, 2013

Sup read. zel preed. ...