A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

help with ulnar gutter splint - having a time today! SM - Terri

Posted: Jun 02, 2011

Closure was carried out with 2-0 nylon horizontal mattress sutures.  The patient tolerated the procedure well.  There were no complications.  A s/l "bulgie dealings" ulnar gutter splint was applied.

bulky dressing - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
? a bulky dressing and ulnar gutter splint?

bulky dressing?? nm. - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I'm pretty sure I hear bulky, but not dressing sm - Terri

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't really make out the first part of it, but the last part sounds like "lens", or something along those lines. Thanks for your help!

Splint - SS

[ In Reply To ..]
None of these sounds close, but: fiberglass...Ossur...Rolyan Polyform OptiP...

I got it! I bulky Jones ulnar gutter splint...sheesh - Terri

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for all your help!!!!

there is a Bowlby arm spline, but no clue on that other word there. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x
splint...I meant splint! (drats. time for bed) - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

S/l Buck Offer Splint Or Buccalter Splint
Nov 25, 2009

. ...

Stack Splint Or Stax Splint?
Mar 23, 2010

Patient is in a Stack/Stax splint for a distal phalanx fracture. I find both splints in my ortho book, and it seems as though both could be used for fingers..? Anyone know a difference or the more commonly used one? ...

Foot Splint S/l Dial Splint
May 16, 2011

This is a patient with 1rst metatarsophalangeal joint pain and very limited range of motion.  This is a clip of the file.  The _____ sounds like "Dial".  I have no idea what splint she is referring to.  Help!!!! We discussed her orthotic devices and they were given to her today after the adjustment.  We also discussed further adjustments including extension out to the 1rst metatarsophalangeal joint.  However, the patient wants to wait at this time.  I discusse ...

I Got Cut To Part Time Today
Mar 23, 2010

For the last 6 weeks, my company has not had radiology work coming in to be able to get the required line count.  We have had discussions on this, even trained for several accounts, etc...  Yesterday I got an e-mail explaining that because I did not meet the line count for the pay period that I was cut off of all my benefits and now part time.  The company boasts on the main page about how they have over double the amount of offshore MTs than stateside, this makes me mad.  I ...

Had A Doc Today Who Said It Was His 1st Time Dictating...sm
Aug 18, 2010

and if there was any problem with the dictation to please feel free to call him on his cell phone......and he was clear to boot.  At the end of the report he said, "thank you for your patience while I work on figuring out this dictation system."  ...

Trying SmarType For The 1st Time Today
Mar 07, 2013

My first adventure with a word expander (besides auto correct/auto expand) so I can't figure out if I'm more apprehensive or more excited...Crossing my fingers as I start my shift that SmarType is as great as I've heard it is and really a valuable tool! ...

Time Cards Today?
Dec 22, 2014

So how are everyone's time cards looking for last week?  Has anyone had an improved line rate or are things still looking dismal? ...

Ulna Vs Ulnar
Apr 12, 2011

Sounds like "ulna 3 joints of her hand" but ulnar makes more sense since that is talking about more than one bone and ulna is in reference to just 1 bone. Any ideas on where to look would be great. Thanks ...

Hey Yall Today Was My First Day Part Time With VR
Aug 12, 2010

nm ...

Do We Get Paid Time And A Half Today?
Jul 04, 2012

Can't remember ...

Are You Guys Making Up The Time From Today
Nov 11, 2013

or did some one say we will be compensated for this?   Just wondering because it is past time for me to get off and I am so tired, not sure I can work much longer.  ...

Today's Scare From OTI -- If You Don't Request Your Time Off
Dec 19, 2013

in the proper manner, you won't be considered for any of the new, exciting, lower paying jobs they offer -- oh no! LOL In reality, I am so tired of dealing with the low work/no work situation and the out and out rudeness of the A's, I really do not care anymore. ...

Ulnar Nerve Transfer
May 23, 2012

Clearly spells "Leiiermont" ulnar nerve transfer.  ...

? Rt Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy Surgery Sm
Jul 03, 2013

The patient received 2 grams of Ancef with a one-hour cut time, had s/l CDs placed on the lower extremities.   Thanks!  ...

*Ian’s* Canal Lesion On The Right Or Ulnar Neuropathy On The Right. Thanks. Nm
Jan 17, 2010

nm ...

Fibula/fibular, Tibia/tibial, Ulna/ulnar, Etc.
Feb 25, 2011

What is the final say on how to use these words?? Is is tibia fracture or tibial fracture?  fibula fracture or fibular fracture? What if there is another word in front, does it become "proximal tibia fracture" or still 'proximal tibial fracture"? I find some people do it one way, others the other way!!  Thanks in advance for any help/direction/link to help with this. ...

MRI Is Reviewed That Shows Ulnar Negative Variance And A Cyst Along The S/l Tri-plec-tro-non. TIA N
Nov 24, 2009

x ...

OCL Splint
May 21, 2010

Is there an expansion for this type of splint?  Cannot find anything other than reference to it being a plaster type splint.  TIA.  ...

U&L Or UNL Splint
Jun 18, 2011

Is it UNL or U&L splint? ...

Splint
Dec 12, 2010

The patient does have dressings dry and intact to the lower extremity and s/l lahnad splints in the place to the right lower extremity. ...

Ortho Help - Splint Name
Dec 22, 2009

Patient had a midshaft clavicle fracture and was placed into an 's/l  aloe-fin-air' splint.  He is very clear, but his mind is not on his dictation..... Thanks for taking the time to look! ...

S/l Ashurnal Splint
Sep 01, 2010

obvious nasal fracture and reposition it in the midline. It was still bent a little bitto the left side, even with this maneuver. He also has a small dorsal bump. An ashurnal splint was placed.   could it be external or internal? ...

S/l Tikio Splint
Oct 20, 2010

The patient has a fifth proximal phalanx fracture and was placed in a s/l tikio splint. This doctor has said this several times and I flag it every time because I can't find it and QA has never provided feedback so if anybody knows the answer I would truly appreciate it.  I left my word books at my old job.  Thanks! ...

Cock Up Splint
Sep 11, 2011

Is it cockup, cock up, or cock-up splint??? Thanks ...

Abduction Splint
Jun 20, 2012

s/l dural fem abduction splint ...

Collaid Splint?
Jun 26, 2013

This is for Boxer's fracture that the patient refuses to wear the standard splint for.  This MD notorious for mispronunciations.  Could be Koloid, calloid, caloid, koiloid, etc. Thx.  ...

Lamb Splint
Oct 15, 2014

Rx: Lamb finger splint. Is this a brand name? or just referring to lamb's wool padding. ...

Volar Blue Splint?
Feb 28, 2013

volar Blue splint? ...

Brace Or Splint That Sounds Like Cathelene
Dec 16, 2011

Ortho report, The patient is given a removable ______ (cathelene) wrist, hand long to wear.  ...

S/l Hill, Pill, Phil, Abduction Splint
Jan 14, 2010

She is going to wean from her  (___) abduction splint at this time and go to a simple sling. Sounds more like phil abduction splint. Can anyone help me? Thanks! ...