A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Obstetrics - Suebee49

Posted: Jun 24, 2010

She is here now for some burning with urination and swelling of her vulva and itchiness. She said she had some (s/l)"intimate and" whiteness discharge.

Further down I get:

It appeared the hymen was intact and she has not used tampons. Urinalysis was negative but did have a few white cells and red cells. The culture was sent. (s/l) "Urine: Pregnancy negative. She's________ and negative candidiasis."

first one is intermittent maybe - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would guess "intermittent whitish discharge"

It should be urine pregnancy negative (no colon).

and I have no idea on the last one, what does it sound like?

Obstetrics - Suebee49

[ In Reply To ..]
sm - Thanks for the first two answers.

The last sentence sounds like "She's fresh" but I know it ends in "and vaginal candidiasis."

Possibly "she has no thrush?? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a long shot, but thrush and vaginal candidiasis are related...
Obstetrics - Suebee49
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you. I think it is "She has thrush and vaginal candidiasis."

Similar Messages:

Obstetrics Word
Dec 13, 2009

There is a word in this sentence that sounds like (plots), but obviously can't be. Help ... This is a 33-year-old gravida 1 para 1 patient complaining of heavy menses with (plots) and pain. Thanks ...

Obstetrics Term
Dec 15, 2009

Following sentence has me stumped. She had an ultrasound performed that showed ( NAFI)? of approximately 0-1. I'd be forever grateful! ...

Obstetrics Help Needed
Jan 23, 2011

I am working on a discharge summary for obstetrics by a Chinese physician and it is very difficult to understand him. In the HPI, he dictates what sounds like, "on the morning o addmission, the patient had a vaginal exam of 3cm-hand-placental cebo," I have listened over and over and cannot come up with what he might be dictating. Would anyone have an idea? I appreciate your help. ...

Cardiology Re: Obstetrics Help!! Cardiology Term!
Oct 20, 2009

Oh wow... the board looks different. Anyways, I have a term that I have never heard of regarding a woman giving birth and it is talking about the baby's heart. "Fetal heart sounds were in the 130s with ____." She says it again, "Baby's heart rate had _____ and was reassuring throughout her stay." Sounds like "aksels." Any ideas? Thanks! ...