A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How to type repeated words in a sentence... see example - hb

Posted: Jul 22, 2010

I am just wondering how to format this sentence.... 

Doc says, "She will talk to some folks that she has related to to see what their desires are and let me know."

I am wondering if i should but a comma after the first "to" or just leave it as is.  

Looks fine the way you have it - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I would use a comma here - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would definitely use a comma in the example you gave.

If the sentence had been dictated grammatically correctly, i.e., "she will talk to some folks to whom she has related, to see.... " -- there would be a comma in the area in question. There should be a comma in that same place in your example. to, to

Another common one I encounter is 'had,' i.e., "she had had a prior surgery." In that case, I drop one of the 'hads' and make it: "she had a prior surgery."

Same with 'that,' i.e., "he felt that that did not help." Drop a 'that' or change the second 'that' to 'this': "he felt that did not help" or "he felt that this did not help."

Similar Messages:

How To Type This Sentence? Pre- ?
Mar 22, 2010

However, on bladder imaging, her postvoid residual pre- was 340, after urination it was 212. ...

How To Properly Type This Sentence?
Dec 10, 2009

I am going to ask for him to see Dr. __ for consideration of surgical decompression question fusion.     Not sure how to type this, when Dr says 'question' ...

Using The Little Search Link Just Above, Type In These Words...
Feb 22, 2015

Followed by the date of the post, 2014-12-10. Fairly good summation of problems for MTs that work for Nuance. ...

Curetted And Repeated With A Bovie And Curetenum??
Dec 17, 2012

wart removal from foot - curetted and repeated with a Bovie and curetenum?? thank you ...

2 Problems- S/l Exportation And Woud You Delete A Repeated Item?
Dec 11, 2009

In particular, although she is frequently in a wheelchair, saying she cannot walk, with exportation her gait if fairly narrow-based, reflexes are symmetric, there is no long-tract sign, and gait is fairly narrow-based.   s/l exportation, although the only reference I see is to the exporting of goods. ...

Would You Capitalize Restess Leg Syndrome In A Sentence, If It Does Not Start The Sentence?
Nov 20, 2009

nm ...

The Patient Does Require Repeated "cues" To Perform Exercises In P.T. Tia Nm
Oct 28, 2009

x ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

Sentence Help ..
Nov 12, 2009

He was placed on levodopa therapy. With this, both him and his wife noticed his gait improved as well as the tremor. He has actually run out of this over the last 4 or 5 days and it may be a little bit of worsening.    That is typed as dictated, I am stumped as to cleaning it up. Also.. 'both him and his wife' does not sound right to me? or is it right. ...

Does This Sentence Look Right?
Nov 13, 2009

There is no weakness, overt numbness, loss of balance, loss of bowel or bladder, speech difficulties, visual difficulties, or lateralizing weakness. ...

Help With Sentence?
Nov 18, 2009

The next step is to obtain a CPK previous and then 1 after exercise.   Would you change 'previous' to before? ...

Help With A Sentence...do I Have It Right?
Feb 12, 2010

Here's what I hear...Evaluation for elective thymectomy in displacement with myasthenia gravis.  Not sure if it sounds like "in" or "and".  Which is correct?  Thanks for any help! ...

Help With Sentence
Mar 02, 2010

He had multiple facial fractures including bilateral  number three fracture, ligament injury in C7-T1, left hand fracture, T9 compression fractures, multiple rib fractures, right clavicular fracture, and left second metacarpal fracture.  Does this make any sense?  I have no idea what a number three fracture is, but he says it pretty clearly. ...

I'm Not Sure What To Do With This Sentence...
May 14, 2010

I'm transcribing a dictation by an Asian doctor and I'm unsure what to do with this sentence. I'm pretty sure it is exactly what he is saying.  "...drainage from her right ear 2-3 days ago. This happened after her swimming 2-3 days or had all this drainage."  The part I'm unsure about is after the first period.  Thanks in advance for any ideas!! ...

Another Sentence Help
Jul 21, 2010

does this make sense: She is now really reliving true abuse, and we will work with her. ...

Not Sure About This Sentence?
Dec 26, 2010

Heart rate PS1 S2, somewhat irregular. not sure if I am hearing Heart rate or something else... ...

REALLY??? Next Sentence
Nov 18, 2011

ok, so I had a 20-minute dictation by a DOCTOR, albeit a resident, but still...he actually said "next sentence" at the end of EVERY SENTENCE.  I just want to type verbatim for ONE DAY... ...

Sentence
Jul 26, 2012

The infant has a history of Don A Barro syndrome.  Sorry I did not put it in sentence form last time.  Thank you. ...

? On Words
Oct 16, 2009

I am wondering on clean void urine culture, do I need to put a slash in between clean and void? Then when I have to write grade II, do I capitalize the word Grade? I have this sentence I am trying to get too. Conization was repeated and showed benign e_____ cervical p_______? The words start with them but I can not find anything, the last word sounds like polarization? If anybody has a isea, that will help. Here is another on too, The pateint was _____ and fever resolved? It sounds like defe ...

Need Two Words Please
Oct 19, 2009

This is a Op Note for a AAA surgery . ..    1.  . . we used the glide catheter to exchange the Terumo wires to the s/l "lun-di-cris" wires.   2.  We were able to pass a 16 sheath on the right and had to bare back the left limb using an s/l "An-u-rex" 16 x 115 mm contralateral limb.   ...

I Am So Sorry But I Have 2 Words...
Oct 20, 2009

does not have a history of migraines, tics, or 'paramyoconus' no varus or valgus angulation of the 'os calculus' ...

Need Help With 2 More Words
Dec 10, 2009

s/l rim plassage-type procedure (for Hill-Sachs lesion) s/l Hill-Sachs lesion on his ray vast in MRI findings   "Ray vast" and "rim plassage" are the words that I can't figure out. My orthbook hasn't arrives yet so I'm struggling to figure out what these words are. Any help you can offer is much appreciated. ...

Words Help Please
Jan 04, 2010

CHEST: There is exclusive _____ coronary discomfort withmyofascial trigger point and two infrascapular point.The first word for the first blank it sound like pulseso. If you can help. I want to say thanks in advance. I have slow her voice downand I am still unable to figure what she is saying. Oh, I guess that the reasonI do not know what she is saying is because she have an accent. Love andpeace. ...

ENT Words
Apr 30, 2010

I have a word I just can't get.  context is:  bilateral inferior turbinates were very large all the way back to the s/l culinae?  no clue, please help.  thanks. ...

What Are These Words!
May 27, 2010

Patient denies any melena changing bowel habits. Medicature(???- no clue what that would be) hematemesis. Patient denies any syncope, vertigo, hemiparesis or parastitious( ????-no such word found, but I am hearing that way) except for the feeling of numbness in his feet. Please help! ...

What Are The 2 Words?
Jun 03, 2010

Complete blood count (CBC) which revealed white blood count of 12,400 with 45 poly's, 12 fans (not able to make out the word), 32 lymphs, 5 monos and 6 atypical lymphs. Stool cultures were negative. The Rotosan (unable to make out the word) was still pending at this time. Please help. ...

OB/GYN Words
Aug 19, 2010

I have little experience in OB/GYN but I find myself having to type a couple tonight.  Procedure:  D&C Word sounds like "Owl" Stirrups and "retro" speculum was used. (Is there a common type used because I could be hearing this "retro completely wrong since he is speeding through it.) Thanks for any feedback fellow MT's!  ...