A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

For a septoplasty / turbinectomy: "4% COCAINE - compresses" were applied? -sm

Posted: Dec 15, 2009

Is "cocaine" really what he's saying?   Surprised

Yes it is. It is a topical anesthetic. Also can be dictated as 4% cocaine pledgets. - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Thank you! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! - (Sounds rather addictive, to me...) ha ha -nm

[ In Reply To ..]

addictive - sleepy

[ In Reply To ..]
Not addictive. It's applied to contract the blood vessels and help control or stop bleeding. Very common for nasal procedures.

cocaine - mt 30+

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep and they also use it in nasal surgery too.

Similar Messages:

Capitalization - Heroin, Cocaine And Marijuana
Feb 07, 2011

I have always wondered if drugs such as heroin, cocaine and marijuana are suppose to be capitalized or not?  ...

Do You Capitalize Illegal Drugs Such As Cocaine, Heroin, Etc?
Dec 08, 2011

or do you leave them in lower case.  I know you capitalized brand names and lower case on generics, but what about street drugs, always wondered that?  TIA ...

ENT - S/l Esinore Or Asimore Septoplasty
Feb 16, 2012

Patient is having a s/l esinore or asimore septoplasty?   Thanks for your help,  ...

Help With Septoplasty. S/l Bilial Splints -sm
Jun 19, 2012

.A 6-0 Prolene was used to close the columellar incision, and the lateral nasal sidewall incisions were closed using 7-0 nylon.  Internal * bilial * splints were placed for stabilization and an external splint was applied.  Bilateral Marcaine blocks were performed using 0.5% Marcaine.   Thank you for your help.   ...

Septoplasty With S/l Esmar Of The Right Inferior Turbinate
Nov 08, 2010

This patient has hypertrophy of the right inferior turbinate and is having a septoplasty wtih s/l ethmar or esmar of the right inferior turbinate.  ...

Septoplasty/Turbinate Reduction: S/l Chiumella?
Nov 22, 2010

Currently working on an OR for a septoplasty/turinate reduction... The sentence is:  Stay sutures were secured to one another externally below the s/l chiumella. Driving me crazy trying to find out this word!!  Any help would be appreciated! ...

Pt With A Loose Suture After Septoplasty- "she Still Has **quam-on
Feb 11, 2012

x ...