A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Excision of epidermoid cyst of the left "mentum"???. - hh

Posted: May 29, 2015

The doc says, "Excision of epidermoid syst of the left mentum."  He says "mentum" clearly in multiple places.  Later on in the report he mentions the orbicularis and the depressor muscle, so I am assuming this is an eye procedure, but what is he talking about when he says "mentum".  This is an account where i have to strictly expand all abbreviations, so i need to know what he is referring to.  

Just wow. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Pt W/ Suspicious Lesion On Left Upper Back. We Did An (spells Out E-y-e- Excision"...
Nov 30, 2009

Thanks so much!!!! ...

Left Ovarian S/l Quap/a/sodium Cyst ??
Sep 25, 2012

Obstetric ultrasound, July 31, 2012 notable for single viable intrauterine pregnancy with probable 1.5 cm left ovarian __________ cyst and 1.6 cm left lower uterine segment fibroid.    I keep hearing quap/a/sod/ee/um ?? or clop/a/sodium ?? ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

During Lipoma Excision
May 30, 2010

He ____ with 1% lidocaine.   s/l "has been infiltrated"   maybe?   TIA!! ...

Gynecomastia Excision
Jul 30, 2010

Doc is dictating an op report on exicision of male gynecomastia. A dressing of s/l "rest-on" film and an Ace-wrap was applied. TIA  ...

Pt Is S/p Excision Of Mass From The Finger
Mar 29, 2010

Pt has numbness and decreased sensation to the right 3rd digit.  "We are ordering s/l senswine sign testing"   ?  TIA ...

Excision, Lesion Right Lower Leg
Mar 31, 2012

Can anyone help with my missing word..sounds like drrav... Lesion was excised in full thickness manner taking a cuff of normal-appearing skin with it. The ___ skin under localization was done prior to full thickness excision. ...

Excision Of Earlobe Fissure And Repair Via
Jan 14, 2010

s/l "double U plasty" ...

Excision Of Right (temple Or Temporal) Lesion?? Cannot Tell Which He Is Saying.
Feb 15, 2011

x ...

Pilonidal Sinus Excision - Flaps
Jun 13, 2014

Patient had a second pilonidal sinus excision.  In two separate dictations, doctor referred to excision as including (what sounds like) caradaculous flaps.  I've done several searches with various spellings of this word to no avail.  Any idea what the proper spelling should be?  Thanks so much for your help!  ...

Lacrimal Dilators For Perineal Lesion Excision?
Feb 09, 2013

I am doing a report for a doctor and surgery that I don't normally do.  The surgery is for excision of a perineal lesion and fistulous tract.  She says she uses lacrimal dilators.  It s/l lacrimal anyway but I can't seem to confirm that this is correct.   Using lacrimal dilators the wound tract was explored and found to approximately 4 cm in its greatest length but non-communicating with perianal glands or rectum.  There was a blind ended sac.  With the l ...

Surgery For Excision Of Axillary Lymph Nodes
Jun 27, 2013

s/l Lower extremity "venadines" were placed? ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

S/l "subacromial Decompression, Distal Clavicle Excision, And Debridement With RASTING Of A Lab
Dec 31, 2009

It definitely does not sound like grafting and I don't really believe that would be correct anyway.  I thought maybe RAST but I am having no luck with any of my searches.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

S/l Choloso Cyst
Nov 06, 2009

MRI has been repeated and she has a stable choloso cyst, as well as stable ventricular size with VP shunt ...

S/l Colodocal Cyst?
Dec 22, 2009

nm ...

Kissing Cyst
Jan 08, 2010

Dr. is reviewing a CT scan of an ankle fracture and refers to a "kissing cyst suggestive of early degenerative change in the very anterior corner of the joint." I know I have heard of this term before, just wanted a second opinion is all to make sure I am correct. ...

Pilonidal Cyst
Apr 09, 2010

When typing an exam of the coccyx (pilonidal cyst) what heading would you put this under?   Back, buttocks, something else?  Thanks.  ...

Baker Cyst Or Baker's Cyst
May 12, 2010

When typing reports is it Baker cyst or Baker's  cyst.  Thank you   ...

S/l Torted Re: Cyst
Jul 13, 2010

Pelvic mass suggestive of dermoid. She may also have a paratubal cyst that may havetorted. She is currently relatively pain free.  ...

Peripelvic Cyst
Aug 01, 2010

Noncontrast CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis showed no hydronephrosis or ureteral calculi.  Prominence in the s/l biatrial calisase thought to reflect a peripelvic cyst. ...

Help! Ganglion Cyst?
Sep 16, 2010

I am transcribing an evaluation of a rotator cuff injury. The physician is going over what a CT and ultrasound of the shoulder showed, and says "moderate sized (indushunction?)  ganglion cyst (bursa?, versus?) tendinosis within the infraspinatus." I can't figure out what she is saying! I have reasearched and reasearched and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help would be appreciated!!   ** whatever the word is before ganglion cyst, I am pretty sure it is refer ...

Cyst Spelling
Jun 16, 2011

In my Stedman's Plastic Surgery Words book, it is spelled tricholemmal, but the physician and other references spell it trichilemmal.  Does anyone know the correct spelling?  Thanks!  ...

S/l Jet Supracet Cyst?
Mar 24, 2011

It is in the spine, he is wondering if it could be meningioma, but s/l jet supracet cyst or jet su facet cyst?  tia ...

S/l Supercation Cyst
Sep 11, 2014

para-ovarian cyst versus "supercation" cyst? ...

Cyst Type?
Jun 10, 2015

Gah - listened to it slow, fast... I'm unfamiliar with the word and can't spell enough of it to find it online. It's just in a list of previous surgeries and unrelated to my topic. Maybe someone here is familiar? Sounds like: Thebirogottal cyst removal ... could be thyrogottal?  Thanks in advance!!   ...

??? Barbay ??? Spinal Cyst???
Oct 20, 2009

He says this several times.  I think this is what he is saying, but cannot document.  Thanks for your help. ...

Altahist Medication For Cyst?
Dec 08, 2009

Doctor is dictating what sounds like "Altahist/Ultahist #20 samples" that would most likely treat a superficial left ankle cyst. The patient also has an URI. Any help would be appreciated. ...

S/l Root Pout Cyst
Feb 03, 2010

MRI scan does show an L4-L5 cyst or impingement, a synovial cyst verses a s/l root pout cyst. tia. ...