A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Arthrex cool cut VAPR - Lindsey

Posted: Jul 02, 2010

Hi, I have an ortho report for impingement syndrome of the shoulder.  He says that he used a combination of arthroscopic shaver and Arthrex cool cut VAPR to remove tissue.  I cannot find this cool cup VAPR anywhere.  Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks!

That's a tough one because they're two brand names - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Arthrex CoolCut is their radiofrequency device, and DePuy's is called the VAPR. Maybe MD didn't know which he had in his hand so he was covering his bases, or maybe the CoolCut is so new the MD was just naming both as sort-of a clarification. If it were me, and this is just an opinion, I might be inclined to type Arthrex CoolCut/VAPR. It could be that like Kleenex, they don't necessarily think of VAPR as a brand name and just use it to apply to generic RFA electrodes.

thank you - Lindsey

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't even find the CoolCut online or in my book, so I was very confused. That clears it up a little, and I'm sure you're right. He had to ask whoever was there with him what it was called, so he probably just added the VAPR in there. Thanks a lot!

Similar Messages:

A Place To Post; SO COOL!
Nov 14, 2010

I'm giddy!  Finally found a medical transcription site worth exploring!  Was recently TERMINATED (not laid off) after 24 years and have found mere handful of web sites legitimate, much less helpful as this one is!  Now just hope the home office job I applied for wants me! ...

It's Snowing On This Board - How Cool Is That.
Dec 17, 2010

No message really.  Just thought it was cool.  ...

3 Cool Things Today
Nov 14, 2013

This morning, from this very forum, I learned the term "exenteration" and added it to my glossary... and used it for the first time in a report, to-day. Buried in some ADT this morning I just happened to notice the name of a *fantastic* dictator I knew from 3 years ago at a completely different MTSO. Maybe I'll get some of her reports again... I googled a phrase and the only reference was to an article the dictator himself wrote. Easy A. So, I hope I haven't reached my aweso ...

Isn't It Cool That The New Payroll System Shows You
Jan 25, 2011

when you last performance review/raise was?  LOL!!! Like I have had to many I cant remember the last one... NOT! ...

Has Anyone Seen Cool Hand Luke (1967) With
May 11, 2015

There is a scene in it which reminds me of working for MM.  Strother Martin is explaining to Paul Newman what happens for infractions of the rules... Do this, "In the box."  Do that, "In the box."  Do something else, "In the box." The box is an isolation pit dug in the ground in the hot Texas summer.  Kind of like being put on performance management for every thing we do. ...

Cool Story About A Remarkable Young Woman
Jan 06, 2012

in how corporations do business.  I think sold-out American workers like ourselves could make the same changes in how they think about offshoring.  http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/06/us-usa-companies-backlash-idUSTRE80424T20120106 ...