A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Rather demoralizing day - anon

Posted: Aug 21, 2013

Two weeks ago I was notified my account was being offshored.  I was moved to a new account.  While not a fantastic thing, I thought hey, at least this account has ED reports.  Guess who does not seem to be getting those ED reports?  Yeah me.  Shorthand is driving me nuts.  Sometimes (mainly with ones that have command keys) it does weird things to Word that requires me sometimes spending time trying to figure out how to undo it.  This new account, I had been watching and while watching it, it did have a ton of work.  Now, 2 weeks into it, not so much.  Apparently I have my old account as a secondary and it stares at me from the bottom of the queue teasing me with what I cannot have (as I have not run out yet, there just is not the oodles of work from before).

I still have not heard if I can tweak my schedule back to what it was not too long ago when I tweaked it to suit the needs of the account that was going offshore.  I need some caffeinated sugar water (Coke), some pizza and a nap!

Modus operandi for Nuance - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have moved on from this company. However, for some light at the end of the tunnel for you... When I left, my entire account that I had worked on for many years, except short stupid jobs, was sent offshore. I just heard from a friend who still suffers there that the account was brought back onshore. I'm not sure if it will last, or if it's just their roller coaster cycle that they use to keep people there, but the account is back for now. Maybe yours will come back. If you really like it here, that may be good news for you. I wasn't happy and even that wouldn't have kept me there, but maybe it will make a difference for you. Mind you, it was gone offshore at least a year before it came back and, like I said, no idea if it will stay.

Similar Messages:

It's So Demoralizing To Get Another Pay Cut!
Jul 16, 2011

I love transcribing medical reports, but everytime I get "SR" my enthusiasm takes a hit and I wonder why MQ thinks that SR reports are "easier" or faster when in reality one really has to stay alert and be well educated in medical terminology and human anatomy in order not to miss something that was "recognized" incorrectly and sometimes downright ridiculously! If only the docs knew how often we save their dictations from going on record incorrectly and in some cases from bei ...

Working For This Company Is Demoralizing
Feb 28, 2015

Always on edge wondering what error they're going to ding you for next. Constant reminders of all you're doing wrong, and never getting told what you're doing right. Poverty wages. The only reason I'm working for this company is so I can keep my health insurance. The minute I get a new job, which I search for every day, I'm done here. ...