A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Carl Icahn Speculation - sm

Posted: Sep 05, 2013

x

Wow interesting read - NuAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the link

Icahn on Twitter - interesting

[ In Reply To ..]
https://twitter.com/Carl_C_Icahn

Can't even make it up this good - Giggles

[ In Reply To ..]
Carl Icahn, "Some people get rich studying artificial intelligence. Me, I make money studying natural stupidity."

Any wonder this fellow is a 16% shareholder in Nuance? He has plenty of stupid to study here.

giggles - nonya

[ In Reply To ..]
LMAO!!!!! That was sooo funny! Hilarious even. Thanks for the giggles. I had to laugh out loud on that one!

Speculation Apple trying to buy Nuance - MN

[ In Reply To ..]
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/02/investors-speculate-carl-icahn-could-push-apple-to-buy-nuance-for-speech-tech

So... what would Apple do with a bunch of MTs? - NuAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
any guesses?

Good question, but not usually good for the people - being bought out. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

My question too. I always wondered what Nuance - was doing in the transcription business. Maybe

[ In Reply To ..]
we're used as a tool to help prospective clients transition from old methods to new over time instead of all at once?

Sell off the transcription part - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think they're only interested in the speech recognition part and its products, not the transcription side. So, unfortunately, my guess would be they would sell the transcription side of Nuance.
No doubt - sold on the slave market - MN
[ In Reply To ..]
Since the only one would want it, and the only one who could pay for it would be MModal, all us Nuancers will be sold to work for the other nastiest company in the industry.

here is link for - appleinsider

[ In Reply To ..]

Inventors of Dragon mentioned - in the comments section

[ In Reply To ..]
Here is that link. Just a little history.

lots of docs use iDictate on their phones - IMANMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
what if when they marketed their phones to physicians, not only do they offer an app for dictating but also a transcription service, too. Cutting EVERYBODY out. Well, MTIA and the MTSOs set it up. Somebody was going to rake it in.

some software, can't recall right now, touts being compatible for uploading, otherwise, they do an e-mail thing. But I believe the focus is VR for the transcription.

MT is a billion-dollar industry. Just because MT pay has gone down hasn't changed the profitability for the companies that provide the service. MT wages is a labor dispute, falling on essentially deaf ears.

My guess their plans for MTs, lay them off, companies buy companies for name recognition (Nuance is a govt contractor) and their clients. Bam instant market and marketability. No building of anything. and I'd say Apple has the money to do it.

Similar Messages:

Apple/Nuance/Carl Icahn
Oct 08, 2013

Mr. Icahn just appointed 2 new board members to Nuance in some sort of management shakeup.  Maybe he is the one we should be presenting our case to.  ...

All This Speculation About The New Pay Plan Is Not Doing
Dec 01, 2014

any of us any good. I'm sure we all got the same e-mail about the new pay plan with no specifics on it. This probably won't be a very popular thing but, for myself, I'm going to wait and see before I get all bent out of shape about it. I know that Nuance is not famous for doing good things for the MLS, but still, speculating and having us all being paid minimum wage before the fact is not helping us. It only increases our stress levels. I don't have any inside news or anythin ...