A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

we seem not to have embrace the new titles - Old School

Posted: Oct 26, 2013

We are still MTs and MMEs at least here.  I notice management is using the new titles, but personally, I can't even remember what they are.  I think they should have just left those alone.  Frankly I'm not even that crazy about MME because no one else in the industry recognizes it.

Rule of thumb... - when they

[ In Reply To ..]
come up with a more high-falutin' title, it means the pay is going to decrease.

I don't know - about pay

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure they can do whatever they want, but they did just put out that new thing on 10/13 with our pay rates so it seems like they'd have to run with that for a little while at least.

Seriously, I CANNOT IMAGINE making any - less than I am now.

[ In Reply To ..]
Losing my shift differential and 20 hours a year of PTO was my THIRD pay cut since being bought out by MM. I'm already at my wit's end trying to make ends meet. Another pay cut would do me in. Just trying to hang on another year til I complete my program and I am so outta here.
Stealth pay cut... - inching the
[ In Reply To ..]
quality requirement up more and more. More checking and double checking means less $$$$ 4U.
I cannot imagine... - Sad MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I said when I lost about $200 a month in net pay that it was not so great. Over the last few months I'm now probably close to making about $800 or so less in net pay a month, and I am not making it financially. I've been sending resumes out and still nothing has come through and we're now going into the holidays, not a good time for companies hiring. I never thought it would be this bad, I knew there was going to be a cut in pay, but not like this. I hope you have leveled out and will take no more hits. I will probably never rebound from this.

Similar Messages:

Used To Embrace Technology - No Problem.
Dec 30, 2010

Now the Q is being so underhanded, I am scared to death I am not going to be able to figure out how to find my pay stub on the new system.  Probably just my low self-worth talking now.  Is MQ still going to figure lines and gross pay?  How will we ever know if any of it is right (like we have a clue now)? ...

After 30 Years Finally Decided To Embrace VR
Feb 11, 2014

This is a part-time 4 hour position, been at it for a month, and cannot get above 600 lines. I am editing on the Ex-Editor platform and I love it. Care to share any pointers, or things I can do to be more productive. I am definitely not using the mouse but still cannot get above 600 lines in 4 hours. I do have a full-time straight transcription position, and thought I would gradually ease into VR to build speed for what I will probably inevitably be doing. ...