A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Since when is "the patient" a heading?? - hate DQ7.1

Posted: Aug 08, 2012

This program is driving me nuts..how does it make headings in such stupid places???  the patient in red really??  And there is no rhyme or reason to when the program does it, so telling them what it is doing wont make a bit of difference..Other then to Stop making headings all together, it is soo much easier to create one then un-create one..

My favorite is "WHEN" - Drone

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't imagine too many situations in MT where "When" would be a heading, but I see it almost every day.

I think its just every 20 lines or so it puts a heading - needed or not

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes it look official!

I hate DQS 7.1 also.

I really like DQS7.1 - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Other than some of the function keys being weird combinations that are much harder than in Cornerstone, like alt-Q for a blank and Alt-S to search, Alt-A to capitalize, I think it is a great program. Cornerstone had much easier key combinations for most functions, but I'm just creating my own shortcuts that make those functions as simple as I had them in Cornerstone.

Im getting there - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
never worked in conerstone, but I am getting closer to becoming more comfortable with 7.1. I had been keeping my client profile panel up, but decided to hide that too as of today and just hit F5 to bring it up when I need it.

I have found that makes me so much more comfortable, just only having the typing screen there. I dont like a lot of stuff on my screen. I had to redo one of my expansions because for some reason 7.1 doesn't wanna use it and I frequently misspell the word so am constantly having to spell check it.

I usally put all my frequent misspellings in expansions and before now seldom had to bother with spelling check popping up at end of report, but since starting 7.1 its coming up more, which takes up a bit of time. So having to readjust to new expansions has been a pain.

Other than that, I think Im gradually begining to adjust.

panels - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I keep the panels there becuase I like a small typing screen. I think it is less work to have a smaller space to have to look at rather than having to move your eyes back and forth across a wider space. In Cornerstone, we could make the panels as wide or narrow as we wanted but still keep them there.
You can use your mouse in 7.1 to adjust panel size - if you want. Thats what I
[ In Reply To ..]
was doing with CP panel before I just decided to go ahead and keep it hidden and use F5.

I guess the one thing we can agree on is that the program caters to everyone in some way or another. I specifically like the report look-up feature and the google feature. Nice to highlight the word and do CTRL 1 and bring it right up in google without ever leaving the report then doing ALT C to close and go back to working when done. Its got its quirks.
Report look-up feature? Just started on DQS 7 -- - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't remember that feature in the tutorial I did last week. Can you tell me how to do this? Sounds interesting. Might even make me change my mind about hating DQS 7. Thanks in Advance! :)
If you are in 7.1 - on the client profile panel at the
[ In Reply To ..]
bottom there are four tabs - Job search, headings, standards and client profile.

If you click on the "Job Search" tab at the top it will be two orange buttons, one to search by patient or one to search by physician.

If you click physician it will bring up a bunch of reports by that physician. If you click patient, it will bring all available reports up for that patient.

Works really fast too, reports come up right away. Lots eaier for referrence when you need to verify a med or something.
Those sound good! I'm in 7 not 7.1 and don't see - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
those buttons. Also, that google search with Ctrl 1 doesn't work. Those must be only in 7.1. I'll have to call tech support to see if I can get that upgrade.

Similar Messages:

Heading?
Apr 22, 2010

This doctor describes the preop/postop diagnoses, type of anesthesia, and gives the surgeon's name (all of which I made separate headings for as it seemed he was dictating them). After the surgeon's name, he goes into a short description of the patient and a few physical exam findings as they pertain to the procedure.  He does not dictate a heading or anything, although after his description of the patient, he dictates a new paragraph and a PROCEDURE heading.  Should I put a ...

Heading
Jul 17, 2014

Dr. says Problem hashtag.....brain fart....do I number the problems?  thanks. ...

Consultation Heading
Mar 05, 2010

talking about infected cysts under her arm in the axilla.  would this go under trunk or extremities?   Thank you ...

What PE Heading Does Buttocks Go Under? Thanks - Nm
Dec 22, 2011

x ...

Best Made Up ASR Heading I Have Seen
May 05, 2013

Dictated problem list: Transcribed problem ...

Heading To Work Now...
Aug 14, 2013

See y'all in 6 minutes.... :)   ...

Verbatim And Heading
Sep 13, 2013

AHDI has stated "that obvious headings that are not dictated may be inserted but this is not required."  Does anyone know if this applicable in verbatim accounts?  Has AHDI issued any new or different rules in regards to verbatim account? ...

Perineal Exam--heading In PE
Feb 18, 2010

I have a couple of doctors who dictate without giving headings--I'm supposed to add these.  What heading would I put "perineal exam" under in this report? He dictates it after the abdominal exam, but would that be the appropriate section to put this under?  I thought of pelvic, but it really isn't a pelvic (female patient). ...

What Jobs/degrees Are You All Heading For?
Oct 24, 2010

A friend suggested transcribing for the deaf, requires passing a 180-200 wpm test from conversation.  Anyone done/doing this?  It is a great consolation to get all of your support.  MT Stars is wonderful to give us this opportunity.  MQ never was able to maintain a professional forum. ...

HEADING LISTS IN DOCQSCRIBE 6.1
Apr 06, 2011

We have just updated to Docqscribe 6.1 at our facility. Does anyone know if you can use the heading list function just for straight typing as we do not ASR.     ...

Nature And Duration As A Heading??
May 12, 2012

I hear the doctor say Nature and Duration...Patient was admitted to ___ [PLACE]..... Is that right??? need serious help!! ...

What Is Wrong With DQS 7.1's ASR Heading System?
Sep 03, 2012

I thought that DQS 6 was bad, but this 7.1 certainly topped that one.  It seems to just randomly makes words headings whenever it feels like it.  Just now, on a dictation clear as day, in the middle of a sentence, it decided that the word "the" was to be a heading.  Why? ...

Whoever Found The Problems With Heading
Oct 15, 2012

If you find missing text at the end of a sentence and a heading following, restore the heading ctl+shift+H and it usually is hidden under there..dont know why but you know they arent gonna fix it, so may as well try especially on those hard to figure out words. ...

Doctor's Or Doctors In The Heading Of A Letter
Jan 07, 2010

In transcribing a letter should Doctor's be capitalized: Dear Doctor's or doctors?  ...

Another Capitalization--I Am Reading The AAMT, But I Am Thinking Because This Is The Heading(?) I Wo
Nov 30, 2009

Thereafter he was seen at the student health center where evaluation was undertaken. ...

Concerning The Discussion A Few Days Ago About Which Heading Gait Testing Goes Under.
Jun 27, 2015

Gait testing is part of the neurological examination and should therefore go under that heading.  From my perspective, healthcare document integrity should hold sway over account specs or doctor preferences.  Too many doctors think all that matters is what they say or how they interpret what is said, which is total bunk.  If that were true, we would all just start typing melanotic stools every time one of these medical geniuses dictates that because certainly there isn't a do ...

For Review Of System, Would High Lipids Go Under Endocrine Heading Do You Think? If Not, What Would
Oct 18, 2009

nm ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Change Something In The Heading Of A Microsoft Word Template And E-save Th
Nov 02, 2010

nm ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Okay Downloaded The "fix" For The Heading Problem And Need The Address Or Website For Supp
Mar 26, 2011

Have no idea what it is.  Can someone provide it please!!!!!!  Thanks  P.S.  Do not download the fix! ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

Patient Name
Jun 03, 2010

If the client profile makes no mention of patient name (yes or no) being left in the report, account does not specify verbatim, is the ADHI/JCAHO directive to type the patient's name or replace with "the patient?"  Just checkin'.  Am paranoid about everything with the audits these days.  ...

Doc Says About Patient-
Sep 01, 2010

Man, I wish he was my doctor.  He seems to really care for his patients. ...

Patient Age
Jul 31, 2012

what is correct format when transcribing pt name:  16 1/2 years, 16.5 years, or sixteen and one-half years?  Thanks. ...

Patient Is A What?
Aug 05, 2012

I swear to all that is holy, this is what this less-than-stellar PA just dictated:   "The patient IS a high-risk gestational trophoblastic disease..."  I went back and listened thinking I must have heard wrong and she said patient HAS ... Nope.  She said IS.  This is the same PA who dictated a creatinine of 92 for someone.   That sound you hear is me hitting my head on the desk. ...