A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Comfort - sick and tired

Posted: Mar 15, 2010

After sitting for years in a chair from Sam's with no padding left with a pillow under my you-know-what and a pillow behind my back, I splurged on a Sealy Posturepedic chair.  Maybe it will be like laying in bed all day instead of typing?  It surely is the little things that please us these days ~~~~ Now hopefully will keep my job long enough to pay for it. . . . .

please tell me how comfortable it is at the end of the day - no padding left in my chair either.

[ In Reply To ..]
My neck, back, and legs are so sore every day!

Sorry, I have one and still have pillows under my "you know what."... - I do not like it....200 hundred bills wasted!!..nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Pillows - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Think I might should have asked BEFORE I bought it (kept the tags on it in case I hate it). Am noticing that I have to sit up really straight to get any benefit from the shoulder and lumbar support. I think my posture is too screwed by transcribing for so many years. Maybe we could design a clam-shell-looking comfortable supportive chair just for transcriptionists! Nope, since there will be no transcriptionists in a few years (and they have no money), we would not have a client base. Dang it.

I have had probably 5 different brands and still cannot find anything comfortable....thought the Sea - Its a real BUMMER......Tli

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
oops - thought the Sealy was the one..... - Tli.....nm
[ In Reply To ..]

I think finding a good man is easier than finding a good chair....LOL.. - Tli....nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

OK, Need Some Comfort Here....please Someone Tell Me You Make More
Sep 21, 2011

than minimum wage working at the Q!!! The last thing I need in my life right now is to add 5 more hours to my weekly work schedule (minimum PT) and make 60% less.  Of course we've been told nothing is changing "for a while" but it's scary not knowing how much this is going to affect ya financially.  Time to take a vigorous bike ride and get my thoughts together about this.  If anyone has anything positive to say about MQ, I'm listening...........  ...

Work Space Comfort
May 10, 2011

I have been an MT for a long time and growing tired of the profession.  Until I find something else, I need to know what MTs out there do just to be comfortable in their work space.  I feel like I can't sit still, very uncomfortable.  any thoughts? ...

Comfort Curve 2000 Keeps Disconnecting!!
Sep 24, 2010

All day today I've been having a problem with my keyboard disconnecting.  When I remove/replace the plug, it'll reconnect for a little while, sometimes good for hours, sometimes only a few seconds.  I know it's not the USB outlet because I've tried them all w/the keyboard and it still happens.  I did update the driver and the optional windows update for it but it didn't make a difference.  I've also hooked it up to another computer and it doesn&# ...

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Vs Microsoft Ergo 4000
Jun 27, 2013

Getting ready to buy a new keyboard and trying to decide between these 2 models. Has anyone used both and can compare them?  Does the CC 3000 really provide relief for the wrists?  I've heard good things about the 4000 but it looks so...LARGE, lol! Any input appreciated before I click the "buy it now" feature! ...