A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ARGH. I'm so tempted - to call those ESLs

Posted: Oct 03, 2010

those apathetic, mush-mouthed ESLs coughing, burping, mumbling while dictating and tell them they are responsible for my cut in pay.  Obviously MQ wants to cut our pay, but I'm sure the dictators don't know this, and MQ isn't about to train them the right way, or let them know how they really sound to us.  OOHHH, I'm so tempted to get on the phone and ask for Dr. so-and-so and tell them off, or at least humbly ask them to throw me a bone here, to try to enunciate, be aware of background noise, and remember they are speaking to a real, lie person here, who's pay depends on how they sound.

I have seriously given consideration to - I feel your pain

[ In Reply To ..]
writing JAMA and asking them to write an article concerning this, about being aware of the other end of the dictation device OR the actual implications of the dictation device they choose to use.

I don't work for MQ any more, but this is really an issue that is industry-wide.

I currently have an account where for some reason most don't use the pause button. Not just the obvious waste of time, but there are few RNs who dictate and I can actually tell you where they vacationed, their shoe size, where they shop for shoes, who they are dating, where they spent Thanksgiving, etc. While, it may be amusing at times, it's not info that I have no choice but to listen to and takes money out of my pocket.

I do think doctors are catered to and not enough responsibility is put in their court. Demographic input comes to mind. Some are notorious for just not caring or respecting that someone somewhere has to fix their laziness.

Okay... spoke my peace. I just wish we could have some forum somewhere to make them aware in a really loud voice.

Similar Messages:

ARGH! I Can't Hear!
Dec 15, 2009

So I'm still learning the in's and out's of transcribing, hoping that once I finish this course and get my certification and start working it will get easier.  Do the doctors ever get the mush out of their mouth????  Anyways, one of my assignments i swear he is saying " Patient was status post for kebel basal strokal which has left him with gate unsteadiness." the part in the bold/underlined part.  I thought I was doing so good, I have reread this report about 5 ...

Arbitrary Red Headings.... ARGH!!!
Sep 27, 2012

OMG is it just me or are others noticing that this is happening with even the most obscure reference?   </OTHER/> ..  Tolerated the </PROCEDURE/> Well.....  so many keystrokes to correct this.......  stuff It's making me nuts tonight, also on new accounts because of low volume...  Ever feel like just walking away?????  If I got120 lines/hr last night, I will be totally amazed (and pretty darn proud of myself with all the BS I got).  ...

Ok I DESPISE DQS 7. ARGH. Does Anyone Know Why The CP/headings Pane And The
Aug 07, 2012

ADT screen that are on both sides of the screen keep switching places? I get used to seeing the CP on the right and then lo and behold, it's back on the left....so annoying. Does anyone know if there is a way to lock these in place so they stay put? TIA! ...

Tempted To Go Back IC
Mar 09, 2014

Moved from Hawaii to Florida and thinking about going back to IC status.  Been doing some research on the state tax law as I heard/read FL is 1 of 7 states who exempts sole proprieterships from filing 1099 and even corporate income tax.  If my understanding is correct, wondering if I should chance IC again, even though it seems MTSOs haven't changed as far as putting you on a schedule :(.  Ideas anyone?  TIA. ...

Anybody Tempted To Go With Mercedes Just For Something To Do?!!!
Oct 07, 2014

I'm beginning to think RecordsOne got the raw end of this deal. ...

Tempted To Go Full-time IC Status
Dec 16, 2014

I have a great part-time IC job that I really love. It is so stress-free and I only hear from my account manager when she sends me my pay summary right before pay day. I have been thinking about how blessed I am to have found them especially after working as an employee for a couple other MTSOs. My employee jobs have been so stressful and QA can be so petty with a lot of these places. We have QA where I work now, but I have absolutely no complaints and literally almost always score 100% Here ...

Ever Tempted To Leave Out The Spaces And Hard Returns
Nov 15, 2013

I am so tempted to leave out the items we are not paid for and see how they like it.  I am also tempted to submit jobs just as ASR creates them and let them see what a mess it is.  Sadly, I cannot do that as I have a work ethic that prevents me from doing so, despite the fact that I believe they deserve it!  Wouldn't it be a riot if we all did that for 1 whole day - that would keep "them" busy for a while and off our backs!  Ok, back to this extremely boring and mind num ...

I'm Tempted To Ask To Be Laid Off! I Am Steaming Right Now Sitting Here With No Work AGAIN! Sm
Jan 29, 2014

A week and a half of this and not getting better.  Emails about new quality standards and as I will be transitioning into fluency I will be making below minimum wage which is not going to cut it for my bills.  How is this legal???  No work during shift, complicated procedures which take up MY unpaid time to try and figure out, unrealistic standards when there is work, having to meet an hourly production minimum but get a massive paycut if you need help.  UGH! I'm picturi ...

I Am VERY Tempted To Type Verbatim As Pronounced By This Twit NP
Jun 08, 2015

nm ...