A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

big bucks - loving MTing

Posted: Nov 03, 2009

This profession is awesome.  You can make big bucks.  Not unheard of to start out making about $14/hour.  If you work hard and really plug away at it, you may be making twice that in a few years.  :<{

that's a seriously vague comment. You know it depends on many things. - which I will list here for you.

[ In Reply To ..]
includes status, company, platform, type of dictation, individual, dictator types, how many dictators, macros, normals, training, line count software ....

Uh huh. Yeah, RIGHT. You can't possibly - be talking about MTing.

[ In Reply To ..]

I think you're just trying to get people all riled up. NM - areulooking4trouble?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks for the laugh n/m - gourdpainter

[ In Reply To ..]
x

If any newbies are reading this, - yes, tongue is firmly in cheek. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Oops, I think you mean *half* rather than *twice*. - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Sad thing is, it used to be like that. - GardenMom

[ In Reply To ..]
When we used to get steady accounts where we could use macros, not have to struggle to find the patient information, not have account specifics different for each account, get paid for headers and footers so that you could devote your time to typing and not run out of work regularly.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

S

Similar Messages:

Go For The Big Bucks
Jul 04, 2013

Quality Control Editors Now Offering an Incentive Program! Are you tired of reviewing documents with multiple blanks and multiple errors and being reimbursed the same as you are for reviewing documents with a couple blanks? How would you like to increase your earning potential just for doing what you do best? Nuance Transcription Services (NTS) is looking for high producing, high quality Quality Control Editors who have the ability and drive to add significant value to reviewed documents ...

TO THOSE MAKING THE BUCKS
Nov 12, 2009

To those making 50+ K a year: I'm glad to know that in this industry it is still possible to make a decent living! I LOVE transcription!  I've been an at-home MT for about 5 years and see the potential, but seem to get easily distracted being at home and get restless and can't sit still.  What is it that you are doing to stay focused on your work?  Is it really about working weekends and second, third shifts?  Please share! I'm stuck at around 25K, when ...

You CAN Make Big Bucks With VR!! NOT
Apr 18, 2010

Poster below crows about how much money they make with VR.  What are these big bucks, you struggling VR people ask?  Poster states they clear $1000 a pay period--A whole $24,000 a year!  THOSE ARE THE BIG BUCKS??????  Sad, truly, truly sad.  ...

Those Of You Making Big Bucks With VR
Apr 14, 2014

To being prductive? I need to do at minimum 3000 lines per 8-hour shift.  Anyone have experience with VR on Dolbey Fusion. Do you guys read ahead of the voice? ...

This Is Why They Get Paid The Big Bucks
May 15, 2014

Another first today. In the HPI, the patient was white. In the physical examination the patient was an African American. At the end in summary, she was Hispanic. The good news is, she stayed a female the entire report. Sigh. ...

MT Schools Promising Big Bucks
Feb 25, 2012

First, don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to be negative about this in any way and wish any new MT success. However, with this profession dying like it is and even very experienced MTs just trying to eke out even $10 an hour . . . It really aggravates me all of these MT schools and courses trying to suck innocent people in with their high tuition costs, etc. The fact is that nowadays it is akin to going and paying x amount of money to go work for $10 or less an hour. These schools/c ...

Offering A Whopping 5 Bucks An Hour If You Do Overtime
Jun 03, 2013

They are offering a whopping 5 bucks an hour if you do overtime. Just another slap in the face. ...

Sterno-"calvecular" Joint - ESPN Commentator. And He Makes The Big Bucks... Nm
Dec 12, 2010

Friend Of Mine Fell For One Of Those "BIG BUCKS (MT-ing) FROM HOME" Ads
Mar 05, 2010

So she signed up for this teach yourself transcription course, captured and enraptured by all its 'carnival barking' about the money, the prestige, and the convenience of working at home and being your own (uh-huh) boss...offering the world on a platter and stopping just shy of suggesting she could meet/marry a doctor.   Flashcards in a box.  Albeit medical words...but...flashcards in a box.     ...