A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sharing at tip... - Samantha

Posted: Jun 17, 2015

I just wanted to share something that I discovered that works well for me.

Aside from my typing skills, I am also a graphic artist.  I love to draw and do drawings on my computer.  For this, I use a TracBall-style mouse.  It is a stationary mouse that has the ball on the top.  It is used for precision when working with graphics.  

While it definitely takes some time to get used to, it has also proven to be a great way to speed up pointing and clicking in my working with reports.  It moves very fast and seems to get me places a little quicker than the push-style mouse.

Ya'll should check it out!  :-)

I think - that

[ In Reply To ..]
someone just goes through all of these postings and places a "dislike" on everything, no matter what the subject matter is. How could anyone dislike something like this??? It does not make any sense, unless someone is so negative in their lives that they have to dislike everything. gees almighty!

You can also adjust the pointer speed - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If your traditional mouse doesn't get there fast enough, adjust Windows' mousing speed. That will increase the distance the pointer travels compared to the distance the mouse itself travels. It will fly.

Trackballs are far faster... - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
than using a mouse, and ergonomic. I gave up on the mouse decades ago and will never go back. I've been using a Logitec marble "mouse" trackball for years and love it.

Similar Messages:

JUST SHARING
Aug 05, 2010

Well, I didn't want to totally quit being an MT, just in case things changed and some wonderful job pops up someday.  So, I found a day job, not MT, but data entry for a car repossession service.  It pays only $10 per hour, but it is a guaranteed 40 hours per week and offers some employee benefits such as health insurance and PTO.  No, I don't like what they are doing, but it is legal and it IS a job.  I used to turn down jobs based on principle, but I was the ...

Sharing Thoughts
Jan 27, 2014

I check MT Stars frequently just to see what people are saying.  I'm a QA person.  I'm at the tail end of my career (38 years) and I must admit, I'm fairly happy with Nuance.  I have a great boss and thankful that I can work from home, get fairly decent health insurance and have working hours that fit my lifestyle.  I HAVE taken a drastic cut in pay which is a bit disheartening.  The "Good Old Days" are long gone.  I'm very thankful for ...

Do You All Mind Sharing With Me How Much You Take Home
Jul 10, 2012

I was laid off last week from my in-house MT job.  I have an interview this week at Nuance.  I am wondering how much you all bring home in a 2-week period?  I've never worked production so I don't know what to expect.  And could you please tell me if you're part-time or full. Thanks! ...

If You Wouldn't Mind Sharing...
Oct 02, 2012

I have seen a few posts where someone mentions another job board.  I know we cannot post them here, but if you wouldn't mind emailing me I would appreciate it.  Seems like a google search is like a wild goose chase with schools and such and I just want a few real job boards to watch. Thank you so much in advance. ...

Companies That Provide 401Ks And Profit-sharing:
Oct 20, 2009

There's just ONE, eensy-weensy little problem with MT companies providing their employees with a 401K as one of their benefits: What person on a measly MT's earnings can afford to put anything into it?????  I can't spare even a dollar at the end of each pay period, and haven't been able to put anything into even a savings account for years.  Did it ever occur to them that a retirement account is USELESS if you don't pay your employees enough to fund it? ...

Would Anyone Mind Sharing How Much They Bring Home Weekly?
Mar 25, 2010

Not trying to be nosey, just curious. ...

Sharing Patient Records Is Still A Digital Dilemma For Doctors
Mar 06, 2015

link below ...

Very Nice, Very Secure, & FREE File-synching & -sharing Website
Aug 30, 2010

This is outstanding.  Now I don't have to keep e-mailing myself stuff.  I can imagine all kinds of MT-related applications. First 2 GB free but you can pay for more. https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwNjg1NzkwOQ ...

I Made A Total Of $19,000 For 2011. Would Anyone Mind Sharing What They Made For The Year. I Am Ju
Jan 27, 2012

hopeful ...