A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question about FAFSA/Pell grant - mom2huskies

Posted: Jun 28, 2012

I want to know if I apply for a PELL grant if I have to repay. The way things are getting I need to start a second career.

Thanks in advance.

No, Pell grants do not have to be repaid - BrendaK

[ In Reply To ..]
They aren't loans, but they will only cover courses for your declared major, so choose your classes accordingly.

Good luck! Hope you get approved. =)

You realize those are 2 different loans right? - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wanted to be sure you realize that FAFSA is a loan that has to be repaid. But the Pell grant is a grant that does not. Just so you don't apply for the wrong one. Good luck!

FAFSA - college mom

[ In Reply To ..]
FAFSA is NOT a loan. FAFSA is the federal form for student aid that must be filled out in order to obtain a Pell Grant, federal student loan or any other type of college financial aid.

Similar Messages:

Pell Grant Question (hopefully This Is The Right Board)
Dec 12, 2011

I recently applied for a Pell Grant through FAFSA, and I had to pick a college from their scroll down list, so I picked the closest community college listed as none of the online courses in which I was interested were listed as choices (unless I missed something).  The preliminary report said it appeared I would qualify for both a Pell Grant of $2300 and possibly another grant that was about $9500.  Two days later I received an email saying I was my application had been processed ...

In The Mail Today I Got A Letter Stating I Was Eligible For A Pell Grant.
Apr 21, 2010

I had to look up what it was because I had never heard of it.  Turns out they are given to poor folks.   I don't know what made them send it to me but it does have my name on it so I know it is for me.   They must know I work at Transcend.  It is only good for vocational training, cannot be for more than one year and must focus on skills necessary for securing entry level employment.  I don't know what direction to go in from here.  I ...