A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical transcription - Detailed description - of Voice Recognition for laymen

Posted: Dec 13, 2009

I am attempting to write my Hardship letter.  In a rough draft, I was told I need to explain what I do more clearly and why voice recognition and outsourcing has caused a loss of income as an MT over the last 2 years.  I am struggling with this and have to have it submitted, signed and dated by Friday.  Can anyone who is articulate help me please?  Here is what I started with.  I will take out company names and leave blanks.  The attorney who read it said people will read this who have no idea what medical transcription is, how I am paid and why my income has plummeted since 2008.  Many think this is a fly-by-night job and that the income is not actually a reliable source.  So I am told to elaborate on how I am paid by production, how being paid by spaces no longer exists, why India MTs have had an impact without sounding whiny.  ::sigh::

{I have worked as a medical transcriptionist for 23 years.  This job entails listening to recorded dictation by radiologists and then transcribing them into the patient's medical records ended when my account went to a format called "Voice Recognition" in which the radiologist's voice is interpreted by sound recognition software.  Because of this, I had to find a new job as my company did not have a new position to place me in.  I have found new work but the pay is based on 65 character line, meaning a significant decrease in pay.  Training was not paid and the first 3 months on the job provided very little income comparatively speaking.  However, I have now become more productive and am now able to make an income sufficient to pay my mortgage.  }

This sounds so corny and I just feel like throwing my hands up in the air and saying: Just forget it!.  But, I cannot.  There is a mental block here so am hoping you all can come up with a paragraph that is intelligible and comprehensive.

Thank you in advance,

Hardship Letter - ClackyKeys

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't know if this will help, but here's a draft of a similar letter I had to write last year...

Iâve been employed in the medical transcription (MT) industry for over 20 years, both as a transcriptionist and in management. The process of medical transcription involves listening to, interpreting, and typing medical records dictated by physicians. The transcribed document then becomes part of a patientâs medical record. The specialized nature of this work requires a broad knowledge of anatomy, physiology, surgery, pharmacology, etc., as well as the ability to produce concise, medically sound, and grammatically correct legal documents.

This has been a growing and very profitable industry for many years. Most MTs these days work for large national companies from their homes via the internet. I currently work for such a company as a full-time employee with benefits (medical/dental insurance, etc.). Iâm paid âon production,â meaning that my employer pays me by the line. Depending upon work availability and other factors, therefore, my pay fluctuates from week to week.

About ten years ago, MT companies in the U.S. began to explore offshoring to third-world countries, where the work could be done at a fraction of the cost. Most MTs in the United States werenât overly concerned about this development, because we know how much knowledge and training are required to interpret medical language. Nevertheless, many leaders in the industry began to slowly move work overseas about 3 years ago. In the last year, work has been leaving our country in rapidly increasing quantities, forcing many MTs to seek alternate employment. Because Iâm exceptionally well qualified to do this work, Iâve been fortunate enough to last longer than others; however, this is no longer the case.

There are at least three reasons why my situation has become critical:
1. Offshoring of MT work is reducing the amount of work available to American MTs.
2. Voice recognition (VR) technology, as imperfect as it is, threatens to replace all MTs. In many cases, our positions have been redefined so that we no longer transcribe but instead edit what has been produced by VR software. This is a time-intensive and difficult task requiring the same knowledge but compensated at a drastically reduced rate.
3. In this economy, as people lose employment and medical benefits, they donât seek medical care as often, thereby reducing hospital census as a whole. This obviously affects the volume of work available to MTs.

yadda, yadda, yadda

(Please don't flame if there are errors...I typed this in a hurry!)

Nosy.. - Aintmissbhvn

[ In Reply To ..]
May I be nosy and ask what this is for? I have no work at my job ALL the time and have wondered if I could apply for unemployment and file on the days they do not provide enough for me to do. Anyone ever thought of that?

I applied for partial unemployment (Spheris) and got it. - Had gotten PT job after laid off from Spheris

[ In Reply To ..]
I expected Spheris to appear it but they did not.
Who wants it? - MT changing
[ In Reply To ..]
Who wants unemployment? Of course they didn't show up! Your unemployment may be doable to you now but just wait until you collect for a while and have been on part-time work for a while. After you collect and you've been on part-time employment, eventually your unemployment will run out and/or it will be based on the part-time employment for that quarter or whatever. Having a "job" as an MT has become one of the most irresponsible, undependable "career" choices anyone can make.

I would not use the term "interpret" medical language, it means "translating"... - ???

[ In Reply To ..]
We are not interpreting! We are correcting, big difference. Your letter is too strong.
What was the result of your letter?

WHAT WOULD YOU CALL - HeidiHo

[ In Reply To ..]
Interpreting/translating hogwash from accounts with 99% ESLs who think they are speaking English? I would go to a U.S. Court of Law and defy a judge, or a man/woman on the street, to even understand a small percentage of what they are talking about! Do they talk to their patients the same way, who are NOT trained to listen to their ESL garbage? Did they speak this way on their interview before the hospital board on their interview for appointment to the hospital? I would think not. I'll lock horns with ANYBODY here, it amounts to translation/interpretation.

P.S. United nations interpreters/translators (6-figure salaries, bennies, free subsidized housing, shall I go on??) who have less garbage to deal with than we, as 7-8 cpl MTs have to deal with.

I presume this is for bankruptcy or as a reason - sm -

[ In Reply To ..]
why you cannot make payments on a loan/bill/mortgage? I went to a consolidator recently, they actually suggested I file bankruptcy, but that is not an option for me because of the one asset I do have, other than my car, (co-own) but cannot sell and it would I presume force the sale of it which would cause me more problems then I already have, but would pay off all my debt, but as I said it is not that simple unfortunately. The cc company offered me a 5-year plan, no interest, no fees, all my money going to the amount owed/principal, could not believe it. Had no idea such an animal existed, I knew about 12 month plans but five years? No interest? Wonderful, though it is not like they have not made thousands off of me already in interest. But in five years that cc will be off my back, yea! I have a hardship plan in place for another one as well, but that is only for 12 months no interest as well, about to start next week, so I may call them back and see if I can re-negotiate a 4 or 5-year deal with them too, or just wait until my 12 months is up, not sure. Amazing what you can do on your own though, a lot better deal than the consolidator was able to offer me (they had 9.9% interest for 57 months at a payment $140 more a month for this cc). I did not need to write them a letter, just flat out told them I did not though have the money, my income dropped about $400 a month due to an account cutting back drastically (the truth) which made my finances really go in the dumper. I am still forking out a lot every month for my past stupidity but now at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. So places will work with you, just need to make that call which is a hard thing to do, I know. --- Good luck in your endeavor.

Loan modification but I want to ask for late payments to be - placed at end of loan

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a good loan at 6.1% fixed so don't want to lose it. I just could only keep utilities on for 3 months while I was training. I have not lived large (7 year old car, tiny TV, etc.)

Many years experience MT changing careers - Not an easy change after MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that you are not writing enough detailed information about medical transcription, what it takes to be a medical transcriptionist, and how this job has been extremely exploited especially over the last 4 or 5 years.

I think that you should first explain that medical transcription is first a play-by-play physician account of what is going on with the patient, i.e. operative notes describe play-by-play of what exactly is going on during the procedure; consultation reports describe a consultant's viewpoint of the health issues, diagnosis, and plan of care for the patient, etc. etc. I also think that you need to describe how many medical transcriptionists (myself one of them) are extremely educated with college-level courses in biology, chemistry, anatomy, psychology, sociology, clinical assisting, laboratory, etc. and that most medical transcriptionists take the same pre-requisite courses as any other healthcare profession. I also think that you should make it a point that the transcribed medical report (accurately) is required for patient care, medical record, coding and billing, and for legal/court issues -- it is a legal document. I also think that you should mention that most all MT companies and now even hospitals upper-level management believe that a person doesn't need to know anything to be a medical transcriptionist and is basically only a typist. i.e. typing what is said and doesn't need the knowledge -- not true. I also believe that you need to think extremely hard on how to word the pay structure of medical transcription, which is a reason that people need to and should get out of it -- no other profession (especially men) would work for this kind of pay system; professions such as freelancers, plumbers, home contractors, accountants, ANYONE who has their own business or works as an "independent contractor" DOES NOT accept this type of low, piecemeal, slave wages; it is a by-the-hour job at a certain rate or a specified rate by the job. You need to explain in detail how the industry has undercut each other (which they have done for years), does not respect each other, and keeps lowering the "pay" to the point of non-livable wages. You need to explain how many managers/owners to "wash their hands" of the issue just say that the transcribers are "computer illiterate" or "don't know the information," which is entirely not true. You need to explain in detail how the systems are connected, how your low-wage, slave wages are directly related to speed of these systems and the up-date of these systems -- which it has been my experience that medical transcriptionists get the bottom of the barrel so to speak in information technology and bandwidth.

For my own editorial: The medical transcription industry has done this to themselves over the years. I was unaware of how terrible the MTs are to each other and how many MTs get their self-worth on how many lines they can do an hour -- which is just crazy. How many lines you can do an hour has NOTHING to do with knowledge or even computer skill or literacy. That mentally opened the door for exploitation and undercutting, with many of the MTs in the past feeling "superior" because they could "transcribe so many lines an hour" when all the while this very mentality was one of the many things that has brought this profession to its unlivable knees. I think that nothing will change because it is too late, that MTs have not respected each other or the profession in general like other professions, and have had a "one-up" mentality and competitive mentality with each other, no respect.

Good luck and be detailed in your writing. Think about what is and has been really going on and how difficult it is to get out of the profession. Why is it difficult, . . . because the medical profession NEEDS these reports BUT they want it for free or for nothing. I am hopefully to say a former MT, who has not been able to get a full-time job for 4-1/2 years. I will NOT work by the line and I am graduating from a major university in another field in late 2010. I have been EXTREMELY aware of how this field operated and have been somewhat shocked by how it lacks any comparison to any other line of work; however, when I got into medical transcription, I had never heard of it and was unware of how needed yet awful the job actually was.

Good luck and I say get out.

Some are cut out for this job, others not - Answers

[ In Reply To ..]
I got into this field years and years ago after having worked in the medical field for several years before that, hospital settings, doctor's offices, children's hospital and it gave me the opportunity to raise my children (did not work from home then), make as much as I wanted to live on an higher up end scale as a divorced mother and now I work by the line and have no problem making the amount of money that I now want. I did not go to college but instead had an inhouse on the job training for a year which served me well. I do not think this how many lines you do an hour has played into a downfall of this as, after all, that has been the name of the game. You type 600 lines a day and see how long you hold a job. I think what has contributed most of all is when people got into it just for the fact of it being advertised as a stay at home with the kids job. People did not love the field as much as they basically were trying to do a job they could do from the comfort of their homes. Do you not think the MTSOs know this fact, after all it is always on these boards about how a person cannot leave their home. I read that and am sure the MTSOs do as well. With that mentality, what does one expect, higher wages, better working conditions, just what?
Cut out for MT - Mt changing careers
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I believe you are absolutely correct in stating that a lot of trouble began with the advertising "work from home," that was an invitation to even more exploitation. However, I know many women you have children and work outside the home. They get baby-sitters and have excellent jobs. The difference I think is that a person either has to choose to sit at home with their kids for low wages or get out of the house for a better life for themselves and their children. I think that many MTs are now "stuck" at home because the industry has created a situation where many people just have no choice. I understand the reason that many people chose to stay at home and work to be with their kids, which is good; however, no matter how "nice" the company management talked about how this would work, people should have realized that there was a motive to the company's advantage for even allowing such a thing. Sometimes when people talk "nice" or how "great things will be," it requires a deeper, second look to find out the whole picture. Personally, when I worked in the office in a lead-type position, although not officially titled, and realized what was going and what I was required to do to people, i.e. cut them off, delete ports, etc., etc., I thought it was just obscene. I've worked in a couple of different type of businesses and I've never experienced such disregard and disrespect for any people as I experienced over those years. I was offered an "official" supervisor/lead position by this company two times and I turned it down twice, because I could not stomach it and instead chose to continue going to school, which obviously now I am glad that I did -- with only three classes left to graduate with a B.S.

With all that said and coming from someone (me) who could transcribe 2,000 or 2,000+ lines a day with traditional medical transcription and not 600 lines a day by any means, the MT industry HAS been exploited by the "line-count" situation, i.e. continually increasing the line-count requirements, manipulating equipment or using just plain out-dated systems which affect "line counts," and ultimately using line counts as how to base pay standards transitioning the industry into a truck-driver, pay-by-mile, work-7-days-a-week to do okay living. It has been thought in the past and only continues to get worse that MTs are "money hungry," which is a complete joke, and that MTs are not working and just "sitting around house" and can do more work.
Yes! nm - I so completely agree with you!
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

This is excellent ~ Thank you very very much! - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you. This is exactly what I need. There are many who are claiming hardship who have lived large and they are trying to weed us out. So, the more details the better I am told. It it very scary how I am so in shock that I am in this place that I am on auto pilot and can't even speak a sentence. Thank God I don't have to work in public cause I am by all appearances a half wit at the moment. Probably due to lack of sleep.

Dear OP - MT who knows

[ In Reply To ..]
You need to ask yourself an important question . . . what is hardship? The definition of "hardship" is defined differently depending on who it speaking it, i.e. where it is coming from. From what I can tell especially recently, there is absolutely NO medical transcriptionist who is "living large." And, just to mention it, no medical transcriptionist has ever "lived large." Think about what types of other careers are out there, the education required, the type of work being done, and what is being paid . . . medical transcription is a low-wage, blue-collar job plain and simple. Even though knowledge is required to do the job, it is still viewed (perceived) as a job similar to a factory job . . . people don't like to hear it but it is the truth. It is VERY difficult to get out of this field and make a change because of this fact. I think that many people are somewhat amazed after they learn of and experience my education and skill level in other areas and my knowledge, BUT . . . because of my recent experience, they are still reluctant because I have been the dreaded medical transcriptionist.

You need to know that medical transcription is a "mind game," and that the minds of many medical transcriptionists are situationally damaged from high stress levels of just trying to make it, and that if you ever try to change, it is going to take some time to clear your head of the "games" created by the industry . . . every industry has its "games," but the medical transcription industry (hospital or MTSO) is just amazing to me. Maybe what you need is to work in public on a part-time basis so that you get a sense of "reality" of what the world actually is about . . . medical transcription causes a person to forget that the world doesn't operate on that same crazy level.
REPLY TO MT WHO KNOWS - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Your post is excellent as well. You seem to have read between the lines of all the B.S. and bill of goods this industry has tried to sell us. The MTSOs with their attitude of, "I don't care if you & yours eat or not, I've got 100 more newbie resumes on my desk & can screw you any way I can, I can disrespect you any way I can since I don't have to look you in the face - and God bless VR, as it's my latest shaft with which to do it" mentality, to the hospital and their holier-than-thou docs/dictators who can garble any line of crap and call it English and get by with it, notwithstanding their $000,000 salaries - and our less than minimum wage salaries, countless UNPAID work required to keep those insulting salaries coming in.

I have a long-time school friend, ex-MT who has worked for 3 MTSOs. She now has a position (she has a B.A. to boot) as an instructor in Medical Terminology/Vocabulary at a local metropolitan city community college. Her course is, by the way, a prerequisite of many of the allied health degrees being given by that college (R.N. nursing, respiratory therapy, etc.) Her outlook, likewise, on the MT profession, especially at-home-for-MTSOs, as of late is that, barring none, HAS TURNED OUT TO BE THE MOST EXPLOITED & THANKLESS JOBS IN THE MEDICAL PROFESSION, and makes no bones about advising her students NOT to even consider entering it.

Very true about it being difficult to leave MT'ing - either on a psychological or practical basis. They (MTSOs) have us locked in their own version of the "STOCKHOLM SYNDROME" - where, in THIS, 21st century, the whipped, beaten MT tells his/her master, "Thanks for the whipping, master, as you keep telling me, I'm lucking to have a job."
to MT who knows - mt way too long
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree and disagree with some of your comments. I don't know MTs now who are living large. There may be a few depending on what you call large, but they are few and far between. Did they ever live large, YES! Back in the day when we were respected and paid for our knowledge and skills. But this was before MT was advertised as a "work at home job" that you could do after 4-6 months in school and make top dollar. That brought the influx of the "wannabe work at home moms" to make that extra money. That is one of the things that put this profession down the tubes. That and outsourcing.

There was a time when if you had 5 yeasr experience in acute care you could pretty well get a job and name yoru salary. Believe it or not use to be that way at MQ!

MT may be viewed now by some as a factory job but it didn't use to be. There use to be respect in the field and money to go with it. MTSOs did anything and everything for a good MT to make them happy. I know I was there.

I now make less CPL but have finally found a company that has work, treats me well, has a good platform that I can produce on and it works for me. The companies are out there, but you ahve to really search. They are usually the companies you never hear anything about.

When this profession started getting advertised as a production type thing only just to make money is one of the biggest downfalls in the profession. Not only for the MTSOs and the MTs but for the patient's who are dependent upon what we do.

Similar Messages:

She Brings With Her A Very Good Detailed Consultation Notes And Other Medical Records From The Air F
Oct 28, 2009

She brings with her a very good detailed consultation notes and other medical records from the Air Force including evaluation at the S/L FEZDA. ...

Detailed HIPPA Compliance Protocol
Nov 05, 2013

My company is making all ICs draw up their own to detailed HIPAA compliance processes and security protocols, provide proof of HIPAA and insurance compliance and have a signed Business Associate Agreement in place. They are also requiring that we have more than 1 company that we work for, to be considered an IC. Has anyone ever done this before? Any suggestions on where to start for drawing up the HIPPA protocols, etc? ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Possible Kyphosis Description
Aug 05, 2010

This doctor is describing a patient with kyphosis.  The sentence goes like this, "Tenderness of the back.  Flattened lower back, (s/l shoper's) 14 cm.  Occiput wall 10cm."  I've never heard of this before. ...

Speech Description
Aug 18, 2010

speech is slightly [s/l dysarsik] ...

Laminectomy Description
May 12, 2011

Help! Sounds like it begins with "sq" "squalolimbal" "square window" ......."a ___________laminectomy was cut"  ...

Description Of Hands
Oct 02, 2012

Doctor is dictating what sounds like "She is also having drawing of her hands." I am assuming the patient is doing something with her hands, wanted to make sure that the statement is accurate. Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks! ...

Coder II Job Description
Mar 14, 2014

Can anyone tell me if this is an entry level coder job or does it sound like they are looking for a more experienced person? I am taking the CPC-H exam June 6th. It states medical records coder II.  Qualifications: EDUCATION: Associate Degree in Health Information Technology preferred. Eligible for RHIT or coding certification. SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Codes all diagnosis and procedures on discharged inpatient, and outpatient charts using ICD-9 diagnosis codes, ICD-9 procedure c ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

Trouble W/ Musculoskeletal Description
Aug 04, 2010

In the musculoskeletal part of this physical exam, the dr. is dictating that the patient has "long-term deformities with a swan neck of the 2nd finger of the left hand a (s/l jacuze) appearance of the 3rd finger..."  I have no idea what this means or how to spell it to even begin to look it up.  Has anyone ever heard of anything like it? ...

Rash Description Or Position?
Oct 19, 2010

I'm having trouble deciphering this word b/c I'm not sure if I should be looking for a type of rash or if she's simply telling where it is..."Rash - s/l privacy left arm - lupus erythematosus versus dermatosis versus lupus-like reaction to a drug versus urticaria...Resolution of the erythematous raised lesions on the upper arm." That is all that is said about the rash.  Thanks for any help! ...

Lymph Nodes Description
Feb 17, 2012

mediastinoscopy with dissection of level 4 right and left nodes. Doc says what s/l 'antithotic' and enlarged lymph nodes. These lymph nodes were hard and suspicious for metastatic disease. I cannot figure this out PLEASE HELP ...

Basal Cell Carcinoma Description
Nov 05, 2009

a small, raised lesion that actually appears to be a basal cell carcinoma.  It is in the vermilion border.  It is associated with some dimpling in the center and has the rather typical pearly appearance with two injected vessels.- does anyone have a guess as to what sounds like "two injected vessels might be.?  This lesion is on her lip.  ...

Inlet Device - Brand Name Or Description?-sm
May 31, 2010

"All 12 mm port sites were closed with the inlet device, using figureâofâeight 0 Vicryl stitches. " It's resection of a colon tumor and anastomosis using the da Vinci.  I've heard this before but can't find a definite answer:  Is it the "Inlet (brand) device" or "inlet (descriptor) device"?  Thanks. ...

Ambulation Description - Significant List?
Nov 23, 2010

The doctor is explaining the pt's ambulation due to lumbosacral spondylosis for which he is doing radiofrequency ablation for.  It s/l he is saying "list." With ambulation she has definitely got a significant (list) to the left side.  She can heel-and-toe walk without much difficulty, and her balance appears to be quite good.  Thanks! ...

What Is HB Medical Transcription???
Mar 06, 2010

I've been in the medical transcription industry for 16 years and dont have any clue what HB medical transcription is. There is a job posted which has been filled, but I for the life of me cannot figure that out, unless it is hispanic/bilingual.  Can someone help me out!  ...

VLC Medical Transcription
Jul 24, 2010

Does anyone know if the Virtual Learning Center still exists?  I am not getting any responses to emails to them.  The website has changed since the last time I looked at it.  Also, I thought they were supposed to be the third best of the top three medical transcription companies to learn from.  If they are not, who is?  ...

JLG Medical Transcription
Sep 09, 2010

Any info on JLG pros/cons, pay would be greatly appreciated. ...

Medical Transcription.
Jan 21, 2011

I have a certificate through Stratford Career Institute and have had a hard time trying to get employment. I don't have any prior experience in the medical transcription field and am very interested in getting pointed in the right direction on what to do from here on how I can further a career in this field. If anyone can be of some help please let me know. ...

Non Medical Transcription
Feb 02, 2011

I am an independent contractor. Have always charged per line count. Have an opportunity to transcribe 30 minute audio interviews. Any thoughts on what or how to charge for this? Thanks! ...

Qed Medical Transcription
Apr 02, 2011

Has anyone ever tried taking the typing test for QED transcription? For some reason I am not getting into the testing site.  '( ...

U.S. Transcription Non Medical
Sep 01, 2011

I answered an ad for U.S. Transcription posted on MT Jobs, was asked to test, and within an hour of submitting my test I was offered a job.  After my heart came down from a happy dance at an actual job offer, I found I really have some things to think about before I say yes. This would be for 2nd shift, non-medical transcription at 0.06/cpl for straight transcription, 0.03/cpl if a company provided template is used.  I suppose I need to ask what my expected production would be before ...

Looking At Going Into Medical Transcription
Nov 14, 2011

I am looking into the Medical Transcription field but wanted to get info about the field from those that are in it before I take the plunge.  I'm not looking at earning a huge salary or medical benefits etc, just some extra to help the HH income. I'm looking at Career Step for my certificate. Any factual info or career experience would be appreciated. ...

Same Day Medical Transcription
Mar 24, 2012

Has anyone heard anything about this transcription company or done any work for them?  What was your experience?  Thanks. ...

New To Medical Transcription
Apr 20, 2012

I'm fairly new to medical transcription. I received my certification in 2010 and was a little discouraged when applying for jobs and they were all looking for experienced agents to work from home. I've recently decided to start back looking for work and decided to offer my services free of charge just to get the experience so I can apply in a year or two for actual paying work. Has anyone else done this or know how to get started? Or even know someone who needs a transcription intern? ...

USA Medical Transcription, Inc.
May 03, 2012

Watch out for this company .... They seem a bit strange. ...

USA Medical Transcription, Inc ??
May 12, 2012

Has anyone heard of USA Medical Transcription, Inc?? I can't find a website for them although when I do a reverse (fax) number look-up, it says it's in Palm Beach, FL. Info is appreciated! ...

Anyone Ever Do Non-medical Transcription And Like It?
Sep 25, 2012

Anyone ever do non-medical transcription? I'm interested to know if you liked it. I tried it for a few days and just decided it wasn't for me. A lot of it was phone conversations and was very hard to understand and I ended up leaving lots of blanks. The pay was bad too and I gave it up today. It was like torture to me to sit and listen to this voice file and one was almost 2 hours long that I did not finish before I quit. Appreciate anyone's input into this. I am feeling ba ...