A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ethical question - AML

Posted: Aug 10, 2010

Here's a strange predicament I need advice on. I have worked for local clinic A for 14 years subcontracting. I was helping a friend who is an IC type for an ultrasound tech who would contract to read ultrasounds at various clinics. One of the clinics was clinic A. I get my work from the friend that the tech dictated and sent to her; however, due to an agreement between clinic A and ultrasound tech, I billed clinic A for that work along with my regular work. I send the typed reports directly back to tech, not clinic A, for him to review, print, sign and deliver. Here's the pickle....Clinic A is replacing contracted tech with an inhouse tech and wanted me to send "templates" to them for new tech to review/use; however, these are templates I received from friend who received from tech. I don't feel comfortable sending them since they were not mine however they do pay me for the work.What is your opinion?

Company HAS template - Justame

[ In Reply To ..]
The company has the template in every job they have from the tech.

That's what I ended up telling them. Don't think they wanted to have to look - AML

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Anyone Refused To Type A Doc For Ethical Reasons?
May 05, 2011

Because I'm about to refuse to start typing a certain GYN oncologist, the little butchering, castrating, &*()(* that he is, has anyone else done this? ...