A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Aggravated! What to do! - Kim

Posted: Dec 16, 2009

I am aggravated and want opinions on what to say about this.  At my company, we have to google information to find doctor names if not spelled.  So, I typed a four-page report and the dictator said to cc to this other doctor and I couldn't find the correct spelling of his name to get his address anywhere.  Why the doctor's can't just SPELL it is beyond me!  So anyway, I blanked it and sent it to QA.  I received it back and it said........."We are QA, we are NOT your secretaries.  You need to research better and find this doctor's address".  I feel like writing her back and telling her I'm not a "secretary" either and all of this research time that I do, I do NOT get paid for!  She may or may not get paid by the hour, but I certainly do not.  What would you do?

You need your job? - Answers

[ In Reply To ..]
Doctors as well as other dictators are well known NOT to spell names and if they do, it is usually wrong anyway. You want your job, look it up. Simple.

Does the QA need hers? - MT199

[ In Reply To ..]
Then she'd better learn to control her hostility when corresponding with MTs. If she doesnt need or like HER job, that's her problem. Hopefully, when her superiors discover how snotty and childishly unprofessional she is to her co-workers, the QA will lose her job. Yes, quite obviously dictators are ''well known not to spell'' OR to provide sufficient information so that the MT is ABLE to ''look it up''. Your last word --simple-- sums up not just the content of your post but apparently your thinking processes also.

I woudl ask for a list of local doctors with addresses - Allysgrandma

[ In Reply To ..]
for your client. Or check the AMA website. Yes that is frustrating. Or get the phone number for the local medical society in the county you are working for.

What I would do - CJ

[ In Reply To ..]
At a previous employer there was a MT who got in HUGE trouble for a HIPAA violation for finding a physician name on the internet, and it ended up being the wrong physician. That potential for you committing the same type of violation would be the focus of what I would say to your company. That's a very risky business practice on their part, but unfortunately one that you will get all the blame for when there's a problem.

Isn't it aggravating?!?! - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I love it when they tell you to "cc a copy to Dr. Smith", and that's it! Any idea how many Dr. Smiths there are? Yet it still makes you feel inadequate somehow.

RE: Kim - hiya

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, I can't believe that your QA person would address you in such an unprofessional manner. I'd copy and paste that in an E-mail to her super/CCM who then could speak to that doctor personally about spelling or providing an address. (my dictators do that).

Then, I would ask for an updated site or address list. It should be a cooperative effort, afterall, we understand the importance of CCs, but it's impossible if the list or reference site is not current.

here's a link I find helpful - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.medgen.cjb.net/npi/search.asp

Here is my first go-to site for addresses - a national registry updated daily

[ In Reply To ..]
https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/NPPES/NPIRegistrySearch.do?subAction=reset&searchType=ind

No excuse for this snotty behavior. I'd go directly to the manager or - owner. If they back QA, you have decisions to make

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Adress/name - Dilemma

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work as an IC and would search for addresses. I E-mailed one of the owners of the company who worked at the site and told her I spent a lot of time searching addresses that were not in their database. I asked her if she would rather I type lines or search addresses. She said "I want you typing lines." She told me to send the reports that needed addresses that were not in the database to a different e-mail that was not QA. That office would find the addresses.

To AGGRAVATED: YOU ARE 100% RIGHT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and justified in your appraisal of the situation. Along with slave wages, VR, and COUNTLESS UNPAID work shoved down our throats, I'd say the QA person had a lot of nerve.

What I would do.. and that's just me.. I don't know how precarious your situation is at your present job, I would answer your QA just as you stated above and CC IT TO MANAGEMENT. There is nothing in Labor Law in any of the 50 states that says anything about having to perform mandatory, unpaid work.

How about when they give a doctor's last name... - RubySoho

[ In Reply To ..]
but there are 10 doctors with that last name practicing in the immediate area? "The patient's primary care physician, Dr. Singh..." I've had this happen when there are numerous Dr. Singh's practicing general medicine in the immediate area, and I have no first name or even first initial to narrow it down and we can't simply say "eenie meenie minie mo" and pick one; we have no choice but to leave it blank.

It's a lose/lose situation for the MT.

Not so lose/lose where I work - Answering

[ In Reply To ..]
We have these all the time and we were told to choose a non name for the cc and then at top of page we put COPY TO: Dr. Singh. It is the responsibility of the people at the hospital to find the correct one. This is very simple for us and not a lose/lose. It is according to where you work.

Similar Messages:

Aggravated With Transcend
Dec 13, 2009

Anyone with Transcend out there?  We are constantly out of work on my team and asked to flex our time or check back every 1-2 hours.  I have 9 different log ins and still barely make my PART TIME quota.  I have been very rational about it and tried to not fret but then I find they are advertising on the job site like crazy with BONUSES!!  WHAT?  We are constantly called off or no backlog and yet you hire?  Flippin move me there..I want the job!!  And yes I have ...

Getting Aggravated With MedTrans Ads
Oct 19, 2010

I see their ad all of the time and I always fall for it and apply. But all they are is recruiters selling their "course". Yet their ads state they are 'hiring'. I'm about at the end of my rope. Services need expereinced MTs. Yet, I can't get hired to get the experience. I have networked myself to every doctor office I see locally but no one calls. Or I get 'Oh, we're using EMR and phasing out our transcription department. Aacck...think I made a mistake going to scho ...

I Am Aggravated Beyond Explanation. Got A Major
Feb 20, 2015

on a report that I know I did not make and it knocked me below 99%. Of course, I can't prove it. It is SO irritating. Okay, through with my rant now. ...

Parkinson's Disease Aggravated By Excessive Haldol S/l Tobacco Haldol Discontinued??
Sep 11, 2010

Thanks...  ...