A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ICD-10coders academy - Angel

Posted: Dec 27, 2011

Anybody know anything positive or negative about ICD-10 Coders Academy?

I haven't heard about that one - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Must be 5 or 6 by that name -- whose is it? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That is a generic kind of name. Who runs it?

I've taken AHIMA's and it's fine.

Are you a coder already? If not, an ICD-10 academy is not going to teach you to code. It will only teach an existing coder the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10.

If you are not already a coder, you need to take a regular coding course.

Avoid ICD-10coders academy - David

[ In Reply To ..]
This appears not be a real online program; PDF and other file types viewed online. The cost is outrageous for this type of learning! You can more valuable, FREE icd-10 learning here: https://www.cms.gov/ICD10/

Wish people would give a link ... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
... and perhaps return to see if anybody answered. Kind of makes me wonder if this was a sneaky advertising ploy. You know, the school sends a shill over to ask if anyone has seen it, thus getting a bunch of people to visit their site. Kind of like the matchbook schools do. Hmm.

When I googled it a place came up. They appear to have set themselves up in business for training, certifying, you name it. The problem with things like this is that no existing professional organizations will recognize them. Nor will they recognize anything you do with them or get from them. It is just another moneymaking group.

It is not what you need if you are looking for a coding school.

Coding academy - Angel

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the responses. I'm still researching them. When I called I was given another website - medicalcodingexperts.com. Playing phone tag with the number 970-507-0317.

Is there a reason to research them? - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I am curious as to why you would continue to exert effort to research them.

If you want to learn to code, that is not what you need.

If you are already a coder, you should know better than to think that is what you need for ICD10. Your professional organization has training available for you and you would know that.

Are you just someone who cannot resist swampland in Florida? You think we're steering you away from this to harm you? Or because we want it for ourselves?

Or are you really just pretending to be innocently checking them out as a way to shill for them?

Indian, no instructor, nobody with a CCS - Nuff said (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA)???
Dec 05, 2011

I am a transcriptionist thinking about learning Billing/Coding. Looking into online programs. UMA has approached me and I was wondering if anyone has learned from them or has any input about them? I have not found out how much they charge for the program, but I'm betting it isn't cheap. Still leaning towards Andrews, but this UMA looks pretty good too. Any information would be greatly appreciated! ...

Ultimate Medical Academy
Nov 11, 2014

Does anyone here know anything about ultimate medical academies medical billing and coding certificate or how credible it is? ...

Phillips Andover Academy Sports
Nov 11, 2009

this is a girl boarding at this school and she plays basketball and s/l "crew"   i'm lost! ...