A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Venus Remedies - BeeBop

Posted: Oct 05, 2012

Hi, everyone,

I just wanted to alert you about a potentially poisonous job ad at another MT site.  The company name is listed as Siemens, but when the ad wording looked suspicious, I wrote to the person whose name is shown as the contact and asked her if the position is remote or inhouse and also about the name of the company.  She wrote that the company name is Venus Remedies, and upon some research, I found that this is an Indian company.  It took more than one email with her to get my question answered (and she never answered the question about whether the position is remote), and judging from her wording, she does not speak English as a first language, although she claimed that she does.  I asked why, if the name of the company is Venus Remedies, the company name in the ad is Siemens and if the reason possibly is that they are trying to make it look, falsely, as if the ad is from a well-known American company.  She said that they are "affiliated to Siemens," a phrase that anyone with English as his or her mother tongue wouldn't use.  We would use "affiliated WITH Siemens" not "affiliated TO Siemens."  Her phrase is a dead giveaway of someone who is from a Far Eastern country who does not speak English as his or her first language.  In short, I'm just warning everyone that you will want to be careful sending your resume in reply to this ad (if you would even feel comfortable sending it all -- I certainly wouldn't).  As with all job ads, I caution all of us to check things out if they look suspicious before sending personal information in resumes, etc.  My post here is just to pass on what I found regarding this job ad in the hope of helping others who may be looking for jobs.

Venus Remedies - Ad Vanished! - BeeBop

[ In Reply To ..]
I noticed that the ad is no longer posted! I hope it's because I confronted the person with the truth and told her that their dishonest ad was despicable!

Yes, you scared them away. You go, girl. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Venus Remedies - Another Ad - BeeBop

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks! I love exposing the bad guys! I saw that they posted another ad today, but they removed the Siemens name and put a variations of Venus Remedies in the ad heading and then made mention of the actual company name in the body of the ad. When are these companies going to learn that their feet will be held to the fire to tell the truth? It's like they will lie about most anything until they're called on it.
Another posting - typinggranny
[ In Reply To ..]
I see they have a new posting on MTJobs. I expect that will be removed before long.
Venus Remedies - Pam Fugate
[ In Reply To ..]
I wanted to let everyone know that I did an online interview with this company to see what it was all about. They offer $30 an hour for data entry and the question asked me if I was aggressive and how could I cope or succeed with their company. They also said they would send me a check in order to buy the accounting software needed for the data entry job and to buy equipment needed. Make sure no one sends them their information. Be careful.....
Venus Remedies - Traci Reed
[ In Reply To ..]
I had the exact same interview on 10/8. It raised a RED FLAG when they said pay was $30/hr, but I continued to see where it would go. The did try to get me to buy software from a specific company which was $512. When I told them I couldn't, they offered to send a check for me to deposit via ATM only and to deduct $150 for the 1st task I would be doing in the meantime. The next morning they said my check would be here the next morning and my 1st task was to write a paper on "How To Manage Cash Flow". They also tried to get my bank account info as the company had decided to pay for my "automatic time tracker" software. I told them no, and they said the would send a check for that, as well. I have only had contact with them through yahoo messenger. I did e-mail the company to several e-mail addresses I found online with no response. This company is a pharmaceutical company out of India. Again today, they have had problems with their accounting department so the check will not be her until tomorrow. WHAT NEXT?!

Similar Messages:

Venus
Sep 13, 2012

Does anyone know anything about a company called Venus. ...

...using Herbal Remedies Such As EK-OG-NEE-SHA??? (Patient Has Cough And URI)
Sep 17, 2010

thanks ...

Help... Sounds Like Venus Vas Catheter (vein Stripping)
Nov 02, 2009

?? ...

Help With Finger Pain, Keyboard Choices, Or Other Remedies
Nov 11, 2009

In the last couple of months I've noticed that my fingers seem sore to touch.  It happens in random areas, sometimes on the pads of the fingers, sometimes along the middle of the fingers when I grip my iPod Touch or hold my coffee cup.  Mostly it seems to be superficial and in the skin.  Definitely not an arthritis-like pain. Some days it's been harder to transcribe because of this.  When a fingertip is sore, I sometimes wrap a little Coban wrap around it which help ...