A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Synnernet and DOL - investigation

Posted: Apr 07, 2015

The DOL is currently investigation Synnernet.  From the looks of the Landmark investigation, they did not contact everybody, thus everybody entitled to a settlement did not receive one.  If you have not been contacted by the DOL, I would suggest you hurry up and contact them and stake your claim !   No clue how long you needed to work there or what exactly they are looking at, but most like OT practices, falsifying time sheets and the like.

AP audit - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The same thing happened with the last audit of AP. They only investigated the contract that the person who filed the claim worked on, so others who didn't work that contract or who weren't contacted as part of the investigation may have not received part of the settlement. If you have an issue, don't wait for someone else to file a claim because you might not be included in the final settlement.

What are you talking about? What investigation? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
First I've heard of it. How do you contact them? What is Synernet supposed to have done?

too late to claim? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
So if you didn't know about the claims and make your own, you could find out someone beat you to it and you don't get anything?

don't think so - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think it would work that way. I think you would be included or an additional claim would be filed against the company.

As I said - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you best contact the DOL and say you heard there is an investigation into Sinnernet practices and you want to be included if there is a settlement for the back wages you are owed and give them your documentation.. You snooze, you looze.
Synernet may do a lot of things wrong, but - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
they have never been dishonest that I know of. I don't believe for a minute they would purposely take money away from someone or cheat them. I'm sure they'll come out of the investigation just fine.
ha ha - you are wrong
[ In Reply To ..]
They tell people to put only 8 hours on their time sheet and not the 10 to 10 or more hours they work in a day. Just for starters.
Never heard of that - Synernet MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Where did you get that? You need to clarify this - have you actually been asked to work more than 8 hours but only put 8 on the time clock? Or is it just your choice to work more?

DOL Audit - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I received a letter stating Synernet was having an audit. It said nothing about a settlement or any wrong doing. I know the DOL does random audits not just audits due to complaints. How did this go from a simple audit to a "Landmark Investigation?"

Similar Messages:

Synnernet EXTREMELY ABUSIVE To Employees
Apr 08, 2013

Synnernet is HORRIDLY abusive to its employees/"staff".   ...  Continuously changing hours, pay, requirements, cherry picking the best jobs by some staff, rude from the top...  Someone needs to grow some hair on their chest and SUE SUE SUE   ...