A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do you get administrative rights to a - computer in order to SM

Posted: Oct 31, 2012

install software?  Job ad states this.

It is something you do when you setup your computer. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had software installed a few times by companies and not once has the above request been made, nor have I had an issue.

In WinXP you can change your user acct to admin-sm - mls

[ In Reply To ..]
In Windows XP: Go to: Control Panel, then User Accounts. When it shows "Pick account to change," click on your user name. Then click on change account type, then select "computer administrator."

Similar Messages:

Administrative Associates, LLC
Sep 27, 2012

Anyone ever hear of Administrative Associates out of Michigan? Saw recent online ad, any info would be appreciated. ...

Does Anyone Know If Administrative Assistants Is Still
Sep 03, 2014

in business?  Also, does anyone know of a current list of MTSOs?  I found several, but they are mostly old and out of business. ...

TTS Administrative Assistant Position-SALARY???
May 04, 2015

Did you see the job posting for TTS Administrative Assistant.  Now how in the world is that a salary position?  Don't these people know the IRS is checking out all these misclassifications, just to avoid paying OT?  That's a huge red flag, an exempt position that is nothing more than a glorified secretary or clerical position.  I worked for a company once that had to pay back wages for all the hours worked, as they misclassified an exempt position (salary) that shou ...

Do We Have Any Employee Rights?
Jan 18, 2011

Can someone please advise on this scenario? You are hired with a company to do specific jobs.  For 9 months you work as hard as you can for this company, and then you are told you will need to do EVERY work type, even those you have absolutely NO experience doing.  You are told 20 minutes before your shift that this is the case, and now all you are getting is not only work types you are not familiar with, but ESL doctors on top of that.  Production PLUMMETS. Just deal with it?&n ...

Is There Anyone Nice Working For Transcend In Management Or The Administrative Area?
Mar 25, 2010

You can call every number in the directory and never get anyone who answers a phone.  E-mails are not answered or are answered by a short curt, almost very nasty reply.   Is Transcend ashamed of what they are doing to their employees? They should be if they aren't.  Management has definitely turned the page and have become as rude as possible toward everyone.  No wonder all my teammates have taken second jobs and are just waiting to learn the accounts for ...

Employee Rights Question
Apr 07, 2014

I've searched myself and cannot seem to find correct information so if anyone has any answers I would certainly appreciate it. Since I am an-home MT working piece rate (production only) and not paid hourly, can my employer? A. Enforce mandatory unlimited OT... B. Enforce such until further notice... C. Fire me for refusing/not complying to OT hours. I am FT, 40 hours a week and my MTSO is on mandatory OT until further notice (I am not complaining per se about the feast right now ...

New Commercial Regarding Workers' Rights & IC Status
Aug 26, 2010

I live in California and just now my husband called my attention to the TV. Sokolove Law LLC (ambulance chasers, usually one of those "If you or someone you know has taken the drug..." commercials) is advertising for anyone being hired as an independent contractor yet treated as an employee with an expected scheduled, etc., should call them to pursue their legal entitlements. Once the pharmaceutical ambulance chasers get on the subject of IC versus employee, I have a suspicion things are gonna ...

Question About Labor Laws And IC Rights.
Nov 20, 2012

I had a check bounce from a client as I am an IC. I was wondering if I have any rights as to file a complaint with the DOL or the BBB? Any and all info. will be appreciated. TIA ...

Vista And Full Local Admin Rights
Sep 14, 2011

Having problems with company trying to load Dictaphone platform onto my computer.  I have Vista and it is denying access to some applications, saying I don't have full adminstrator rights.  Has anyone had this problem? TIA! ...

"rights" As An IC
Jun 05, 2015

I've been in the business for 20+ years and only recently in the last 6 months I've been working as an IC.  I gather that the advantage of working in this capacity is there are no minimum lines and you can set your own hours--at least that's been my experience. A couple of weeks ago I made the mistake of contacting my supervisor regarding the overly zealous TL who was checking my reports (on a new account).  She constantly picked apart each and every one submitted; mind ...